Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 pm

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby kiwi » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:25 pm

Star Way wrote:Don't count on it, okay lyokodude? The VAs are busy people...

Yes we are busy but we love to get on the forums and chat! Usually too busy to PM tho', sorry lyokodude!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:31 pm

SamBlob wrote:
kiwi wrote:
SamBlob wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Ms. Weber-Scaff, this is far overdue, but I must give you a round of applause for your performance in "Cold War". I have never been so touched by an episode as I was by that one, particularly at the climax. ;) It was positively beautiful! ^.^ Bravo!

Indeed! Especially your last line before the RTTP!

thanks. Yo Sam blob, are you liking Season 2 better now?

YESSS!!!! :D :D :D "Vertigo" "Cold War", and "A Bad Turn" were GREAT! XANA back to his old bad self! And Aelita being her *new* bad self! Evel Knievel! (with Evel Knievel-style landing too, unfortuantely...) I don't know if you were there to see Aelita crash your Overbike...O_o

yes I was in the studio to see her crash, tho' I haven't been able to watch the others work as much as I like because whenever I get a "loop" that I'm not in I go outside to the green room (or actor's lounge if you will) to spend time with the baby, who follows me around from job to job. I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes all the way through. glad you're liking them!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Blueyedblonde » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:31 pm

kiwi wrote::hello: hey there, thanks so much for the nice note! Does it bother you that the voice of Ulrich is done by a girl? It's not too hard to play the voice of a boy, especially when you get to see the animation and can play off it.
Npt surprisingly my favourite character besides Ulrich is... Yumi of course!

Nope, It dosn't bother me that the voice is by a girl. His voice is one of the many reason's why I love him. ^.^
Plus, I think being a VA would be the coolest job, which is why I want to be one when I'm older. And it just gives females more job's if they can play boy's two. :D
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby kiwi » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Blueyedblonde wrote:
kiwi wrote::hello: hey there, thanks so much for the nice note! Does it bother you that the voice of Ulrich is done by a girl? It's not too hard to play the voice of a boy, especially when you get to see the animation and can play off it.
Npt surprisingly my favourite character besides Ulrich is... Yumi of course!

Nope, It dosn't bother me that the voice is by a girl. His voice is one of the many reason's why I love him. ^.^
Plus, I think being a VA would be the coolest job, which is why I want to be one when I'm older. And it just gives females more job's if they can play boy's two. :D

You know it! thank goodness for it too, since , in general there are so few female roles! We have to catch up somewhere. Good luck to you. There's a book by Nancy Cartwright (alias Bart Simson) called "My life as a ten year-old boy". she talks about how she got started...might interest you.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:12 am

kiwi wrote:
Max Gene wrote:I think we'd all love to see Kiwi as some sort of beast fighter- maybe Jeremie could come up with a program to translate his barking into words? Hardly realistic, but it would rock to give him the ability to talk... wonder what he'd say?

I think he'd speak english with a thick French accent, like, woouf woouf. and I think he'd have quite a bit to say to Yumi about what Ulrich says in his sleep... ;)

Don't forget, he'd also sound a LOT like Ulrich. :D
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:54 am

Cassius335 wrote:
kiwi wrote:
Max Gene wrote:I think we'd all love to see Kiwi as some sort of beast fighter- maybe Jeremie could come up with a program to translate his barking into words? Hardly realistic, but it would rock to give him the ability to talk... wonder what he'd say?

I think he'd speak english with a thick French accent, like, woouf woouf. and I think he'd have quite a bit to say to Yumi about what Ulrich says in his sleep... ;)

Don't forget, he'd also sound a LOT like Ulrich. :D

well said. but reassure me...you're not saying that kiwi sounds like Ulrich trying to imitate a dog i hope!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby YDV » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:55 am

I doubt it. Hmm Bark-translating program would be interesting..

Jeremie: Okay. I launched it. Kiwi, can you say something? Speak!
Kiwi: Yes I can, you DIMWIT. And don't talk to me in that tone.
Jeremie: Uhh...
Odd; That's my Kiwi for you! :D
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Hellooooo

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:53 pm

:hello: Hello from bonnie Scotland :hello: how are you .Good to get away from it all is it .It a honour to speak you madam :)

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Max Gene » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:16 pm

And even more of one to get replies!

Kiwi... talking... think maybe you could give a post of how you'd do that? Like post a sound clip somewhere?
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby bduddy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:28 am

Umm... what would be the point of a sound clip? It would sound exactly like Kiwi does in the show... :umm:
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:46 am

kiwi wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:Don't forget, he'd also sound a LOT like Ulrich. :D

well said. but reassure me...you're not saying that kiwi sounds like Ulrich trying to imitate a dog i hope!

You tell me... though Kiwi COULD have quite a bit of fun if that were the case.

bduddy wrote:Umm... what would be the point of a sound clip? It would sound exactly like Kiwi does in the show... :umm:

:wag: When was the last time show Kiwi spoke English, though?

I agree, sound-clip would be nice.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Hellooooo

Postby kiwi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:15 pm

Drum lyoko wrote::hello: Hello from bonnie Scotland :hello: how are you .Good to get away from it all is it .It a honour to speak you madam :)

scotland is one of my favourite places on earth!! My grandmother was a MacDonald. :D
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:16 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
kiwi wrote:

bduddy wrote:Umm... what would be the point of a sound clip? It would sound exactly like Kiwi does in the show... :umm:

I would have NO idea how to do that.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:18 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:I doubt it. Hmm Bark-translating program would be interesting..

Jeremie: Okay. I launched it. Kiwi, can you say something? Speak!
Kiwi: Yes I can, you DIMWIT. And don't talk to me in that tone.
Jeremie: Uhh...
Odd; That's my Kiwi for you! :D

That's totally it. Very funny. Maybe you should get in touch with the dialogue writers.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Star Way » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:50 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
kiwi wrote:

I think it's rather rude of you guys to expect such a large favor from her. :/
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:56 pm

I Agree with Star Way.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Odd22 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:10 pm

hey barbra i was wondering if u are really into this ulrich and yumi realathion ship, not in a real life way but i am sure u know what i mean
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:40 am

Star Way wrote:I think it's rather rude of you guys to expect such a large favor from her. :/

Since when did 'that would be nice' translate as 'She must do it, dammit!'? I agreed I'd like one. In no way was I implying my life would be over if she doesn't do one.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:30 pm

odd22 wrote:hey barbra i was wondering if u are really into this ulrich and yumi realathion ship, not in a real life way but i am sure u know what i mean

i'm not exactly sure i do know what you mean, but I 'd like, just as much as everyone, t o see Yumi and Ulrich clarify things a bit...or not, since it keeps us all guessing in a Scully and Mulder kind of way. ;)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:33 pm

TB3 wrote:Sorry if I was a jerk Barbara. :no:

when on earth was that? I have no memory of you ever being a jerk! nor anyone else for that matter. The sound bite thing is no big deal, it's just that I wouldn't be able to get it together to do it, that's all :)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Re: Hellooooo

Postby Crocodile » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:08 pm

Drum lyoko wrote::hello: Hello from bonnie Scotland :hello: how are you .Good to get away from it all is it .It a honour to speak you madam :)

Another Scot.

I personally would love to have Ulrich or Yumi admit to the other.

I read that kiwi is Barbra, the voice of Ulrich, it's an honour to be on a forum with such a person.
Crocodile offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Max Gene » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:34 pm

Yeah... I just asked if it was possible, not really... anyway, what happens if you get a cold or something? Are you able to work around that and record anyways?
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Star Way » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:44 pm

kiwi wrote:
odd22 wrote:hey barbra i was wondering if u are really into this ulrich and yumi realathion ship, not in a real life way but i am sure u know what i mean

i'm not exactly sure i do know what you mean, but I 'd like, just as much as everyone, t o see Yumi and Ulrich clarify things a bit...or not, since it keeps us all guessing in a Scully and Mulder kind of way. ;)

I suppose this is a silly question and will not bring any benefit to anyone else on the forum except for me, but are you an X-Files fan? Because if you are.... you will gain many cool points from me. :P XF is my first favorite show, then CL.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

PreviousNext