Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:40 am

Jodi Forrest a.k.a. Elisabeth "Sissi" Delmas

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Re: I'm back.

Postby Skorpigeist » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:26 pm

bambi wrote:
Skorpigeist wrote:The list of animals was intriquing and I love cats as well because I live with 8 of them in the house along with my pet scorpion.

8 cats! Wow! It must be like fur city! We tried to introduce a beautiful stray cat into our house but the resident tyrant, Thisbe "Blades of Death", loathes him. Do all your cats get along?

That is sad about the stray. yeah, all of my cats get along very well. I think it sort of works like a family. Each of the cats is a different age (ranging from 9 to 13 years) and so they have had time to work out thier differences.

bambi wrote:
Skorpigeist wrote:As for places I would like to go, most of those places you mentioned sound fine, but I would really love to go back and visit Munich. That was the first city on the continent that I got to see and I fell in love with the atmosphere and look of it. I would also like to travel more in France and see the site of the factory that the show based its factory on.

Never been to Munich but you make is sound so interesting... My favorite city in Europe so far is Amsterdam. I love cycling around and taking in the hippy atmosphere. And eating the raw herring.

Amsterdam does sound like a lot of fun. I really would like to go sometime. Raw herring? is that any good and what could you compare it to?

bambi wrote:
Skorpigeist wrote:I do community theater here in my home town, but I was curious to ask what it is you will be doing on stage and why you dread it? I do enjoy being on stage and find it to be a thrilling experince. So I can understand at least one portion of your reply. anyway, hope things are going well for you :)

The play is an original piece which takes place in a small, very unprofessional circus company. It's funny and very surreal. I actually don't have a problem with stage fright or anything like that. I love being on stage! It's just the stilt-walking and baton-twirling I'm not looking forward to. What plays have you done? Any Shakespeare? Pinter? Panto?

My town's theater tends to do things that are either more locally oriented, or things state and contemporaries have done. I can't think of any examples recently except for a few good men that I was in. I have done shakespeare and performed in Romeo and Juliet. I am sure you have many more credits, and I am not familar with the other playrights.

another question about lyoko though. I have asked several others this, but have you read the literary bible, and how long is if if you have. I know that it contains all kinds of information, but does it pertain to the whole series, or just the current two seasons with the stuff for three and four being added in?

thanks much in advance, and I am enjoying the conversation we are having :)
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby bambi » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:21 am

Skorpigeist wrote:Amsterdam does sound like a lot of fun. I really would like to go sometime. Raw herring? is that any good and what could you compare it to?

It's very a fresh tasting fish that reminds me of butter in a weird sort of way. They serve it with chopped pickles and herring and eat it right out on the street.

Skorpigeist wrote:My town's theater tends to do things that are either more locally oriented, or things state and contemporaries have done. I can't think of any examples recently except for a few good men that I was in. I have done shakespeare and performed in Romeo and Juliet. I am sure you have many more credits, and I am not familar with the other playrights.

Oops, by "panto" I meant pantomime. I've never done any Shakespeare, although I love it. I have a mentor who is teaching me to direct and we're working on (eeks!) "Troilus and Cressida". What role did you play in R and J? BTW Harold Pinter is an English playwright who just won the Nobel prize for literature. He's a master of the unsaid, which gets the audience to participate more actively in constructing the story by filling in the blanks with their imagination. Anyway, that's my interpretation!

Skorpigeist wrote:another question about lyoko though. I have asked several others this, but have you read the literary bible, and how long is if if you have. I know that it contains all kinds of information, but does it pertain to the whole series, or just the current two seasons with the stuff for three and four being added in?

I have not read the CL bible, and in fact have never read, or even seen, the bible for any cartoon I've ever worked on.

Skorpigeist wrote:thanks much in advance, and I am enjoying the conversation we are having :)

So am I. ;)
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet,
Temp'ring extremities with extreme sweet.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Agent_Marquez » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:41 am

My apologies to Jodi and skorpigeist for interrupting their conversation, but I just wanted to say hi to Jodi again. It's great to see you back at LF.

bambi wrote:I would love to go to Hawaii, Thailand, Peru, South Africa, Morocco, and Scandinavia.

I haven't been to Thailand, Morocco and Scandinavia yet... but I have just returned from South Africa. And from what I've seen, I'd really like to go back there in a sober state, but it seems impossible to not ignore Cape Town's nightlife. At this moment, I'm tired from the trip and in a hurry, since I have to visit my family.

And before I leave, nice job with Sissi's voice.
A Requiem To Our Homeland - Stand-by

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
- William Shakespeare
Agent_Marquez offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Skorpigeist » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Agent_Marquez wrote:My apologies to Jodi and skorpigeist for interrupting their conversation, but I just wanted to say hi to Jodi again. It's great to see you back at LF.

haha hey no worries. Good to see that you have gotten back in, and hope to go back.

Perhaps Jodi you should check it out sometime, if it is in the studio. I played Lord Montague in Romeo and Juliet, and the playwright that you mention sounds very intriguing. I think I will have to do some research now. and maybe try a new food.

you mentioned that you had done other cartoon shows. How many exactly and what parts? and what is your favorite thing about Sissi's character?

agian, hope that you are doing well and having fun on the continent. I really, really want to go back someday.
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby FormicaArchonis » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:32 pm

Pardon me for popping in so abruptly, but....

bambi wrote:Oops, by "panto" I meant pantomime.

And by 'pantomime' you mean a theatre production typically put on around Christmas, involving singing, dancing, and humor. Not the kind of pantomime that involves wearing clown-type makeup and never speaking.:) (Just mentioning that because the odds of a forum reader confusing the two terms increases the further he/she is from the UK or Australia.)

Which about expends my theatre knowledge. When I think of Pinter the first thing that comes to mind is the Pet Shop Boys song "Up Against It". :)

FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Skorpigeist » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:47 pm

FormicaArchonis wrote:Pardon me for popping in so abruptly, but....

bambi wrote:Oops, by "panto" I meant pantomime.

And by 'pantomime' you mean a theatre production typically put on around Christmas, involving singing, dancing, and humor. Not the kind of pantomime that involves wearing clown-type makeup and never speaking.:) (Just mentioning that because the odds of a forum reader confusing the two terms increases the further he/she is from the UK or Australia.)

Which about expends my theatre knowledge. When I think of Pinter the first thing that comes to mind is the Pet Shop Boys song "Up Against It". :)

ah okay, thanks for that clarification.
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby MY85 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:10 pm

...it's okay. Be aware that you're the first (and only, at the moment) person who requested to me access to the VAR. Have fun interacting with the VA's. And I'm sure you read the rules already.

bambi wrote:LIfe's going just fine, Rodri, just fine. What's up with you? Oh, and by the way, I LOVE "Big Mouth Strikes Again"!

Good to know that. About myself...not much to say, except that I'm on vacations. And cool to know you love Bigmouth Strikes Again...

Okay, I have one question: From all the VA's of Code Lyoko, who's the youngest and who's the oldest? Giving their age is optional... I bet you're no older than 40, Jodi.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:25 am

:toomuch: 30, he meant 30...
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby FormicaArchonis » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:25 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:...it's okay. Be aware that you're the first (and only, at the moment) person who requested to me access to the VAR. Have fun interacting with the VA's. And I'm sure you read the rules already.

The first? Wow. (Edit: Thanks for granting permission, BTW.) And yes, I read the rules. No pets allowed, check heavy weapons at the door, say it don't flame it, and sticking a live ferret down your pants is rarely funny.:)

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Giving their age is optional... I bet you're no older than 40, Jodi.

Cassius335 wrote::toomuch: 30, he meant 30...

Hehe, been burned asking someone about their age before, Cassius335?:)

But no, if Jodi was under 30, she'd be my contemporary. As cool as that would be, I think (could be wrong, feel free to smack me if I am) she's been working in French theatre since I was in elementary school. Jodi has been acting since elementary school, but I severely doubt her first role was a professional gig.:)
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby MY85 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:41 pm

FormicaArchonis wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:...it's okay. Be aware that you're the first (and only, at the moment) person who requested to me access to the VAR. Have fun interacting with the VA's. And I'm sure you read the rules already.

The first? Wow. (Edit: Thanks for granting permission, BTW.) And yes, I read the rules. No pets allowed, check heavy weapons at the door, say it don't flame it, and sticking a live ferret down your pants is rarely funny.:)

You're welcome. And WTF did you meant with the "sticking a live ferret down your pants is rarely funny" part? The smilie even makes it sound scary.

FormicaArchonis wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Giving their age is optional... I bet you're no older than 40, Jodi.

Cassius335 wrote::toomuch: 30, he meant 30...

Hehe, been burned asking someone about their age before, Cassius335?:)

But no, if Jodi was under 30, she'd be my contemporary. As cool as that would be, I think (could be wrong, feel free to smack me if I am) she's been working in French theatre since I was in elementary school. Jodi has been acting since elementary school, but I severely doubt her first role was a professional gig.:)

LOL. Well, it's supposed to say you never ask a woman about her age. Although, the question came out of curiosity and I don't mind at all asking people about their age. Yeah, it'd be cool if Jodi was 30 (it could be logical to believe she could be 30)... and she's not single, btw. Sorry to to 20-40 year old LF members for pointing that out. *shoots himself*
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:23 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:You're welcome. And WTF did you meant with the "sticking a live ferret down your pants is rarely funny" part? The smilie even makes it sound scary.

It was an attempt at humor, which clearly failed miserably. ;) And the concept of a ferret in one's trousers (I meant American pants, not British ones) has actually been done as comedy.

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Although, the question came out of curiosity and I don't mind at all asking people about their age.

I'd say I did mind, but my in-depth discussion was no better! But I'm sure Jodi is incredibly kind, forgiving, wonderful, forgiving, sweet, forgiving....

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Yeah, it'd be cool if Jodi was 30 (it could be logical to believe she could be 30)... and she's not single, btw. Sorry to to 20-40 year old LF members for pointing that out. *shoots himself*

(Deadpan)I'm heartbroken.(/Deadpan) Because there's a lot of real good bachelors on the Group W bench that is the Internet. :)
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MG » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:39 am

Yo, guys, listen up. Lesson number one from Odd who knows the ways and has all the moves with the ladies. Never ask about, discuss, or even remotely skirt around the subject of age with a woman, OK??? :D :D :D Post it on your bathroom mirror for a full year if necessary.

One thing I can tell you guys though is that she is one of the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my life. And also one the happiest married!

MG offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby bambi » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:07 am

Agent_Marquez wrote:My apologies to Jodi and skorpigeist for interrupting their conversation, but I just wanted to say hi to Jodi again. It's great to see you back at LF.

Thanks, Agent Marquez! Feel free to interrupt when you like.

Agent_Marquez wrote:I haven't been to Thailand, Morocco and Scandinavia yet... but I have just returned from South Africa. And from what I've seen, I'd really like to go back there in a sober state, but it seems impossible to not ignore Cape Town's nightlife. At this moment, I'm tired from the trip and in a hurry, since I have to visit my family.

Don't tell me you went all the way to South Africa for the night life. You are one serious partyer!

Agent_Marquez wrote:And before I leave, nice job with Sissi's voice.

Squanx!

Skorpigeist wrote:Perhaps Jodi you should check it out sometime, if it is in the studio.

It isn't! I think it's locked away in some vault.

Skorpigeist wrote:I played Lord Montague in Romeo and Juliet, and the playwright that you mention sounds very intriguing. I think I will have to do some research now.

One of his well known plays is "Betrayal" which is cool because it goes backward in time. He's also done some political pieces which are very subtle but intense, especially "One for the Road".

Skorpigeist wrote:and maybe try a new food.

Hah! Brave man! However they don't serve raw herring with "pickles and herring" (duh!) as I mentioned above, but with pickles and onion.

Skorpigeist wrote:you mentioned that you had done other cartoon shows. How many exactly and what parts? and what is your favorite thing about Sissi's character?

I don't remember how many other cartoons I've done! Some of the characters were: an alligator, rodent, queen bee, grasshopper, bear, rabbit, various boys, girls, grown-ups, oh and Gohan (as a little boy) in Dragon Ball Z. My favorite thing about Sissi's character is that she never gives up no matter how much people laugh at her.

Skorpigeist wrote:agian, hope that you are doing well and having fun on the continent. I really, really want to go back someday.

If you really want to, you really will.

Let me guess... spidery ants? archaic table tops? crystalized Archie comic books?.... Welcome, FormicaArchonis!

FormicaArchonis wrote:And by 'pantomime' you mean a theatre production typically put on around Christmas, involving singing, dancing, and humor. Not the kind of pantomime that involves wearing clown-type makeup and never speaking.:)

Exactly!

FormicaArchonis wrote:Which about expends my theatre knowledge. When I think of Pinter the first thing that comes to mind is the Pet Shop Boys song "Up Against It". :)

Ah, yes, it's easy to mis-direct Pinter plays.

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:About myself...not much to say, except that I'm on vacations. And cool to know you love Bigmouth Strikes Again...

I'm a VERY big Smiths fan. Have fun on vacation!

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Okay, I have one question: From all the VA's of Code Lyoko, who's the youngest and who's the oldest? Giving their age is optional... I bet you're no older than 40, Jodi.

OOOOOOOOOO, Rodri, no can answer. :rabbit:

FormicaArchonis wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote: And WTF did you meant with the "sticking a live ferret down your pants is rarely funny" part? The smilie even makes it sound scary.

It was an attempt at humor, which clearly failed miserably. ;)

I laughed! But then I'm not a man.

FormicaArchonis wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Although, the question came out of curiosity and I don't mind at all asking people about their age.

I'd say I did mind, but my in-depth discussion was no better! But I'm sure Jodi is incredibly kind, forgiving, wonderful, forgiving, sweet, forgiving....

Flattery will get you everywhere.

FormicaArchonis wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Yeah, it'd be cool if Jodi was 30 (it could be logical to believe she could be 30)... and she's not single, btw. Sorry to to 20-40 year old LF members for pointing that out. *shoots himself*

(Deadpan)I'm heartbroken.(/Deadpan) Because there's a lot of real good bachelors on the Group W bench that is the Internet. :)

Sorry boys!

The Voice of Odd wrote:Yo, guys, listen up. Lesson number one from Odd who knows the ways and has all the moves with the ladies. Never ask about, discuss, or even remotely skirt around the subject of age with a woman, OK??? :D :D :D Post it on your bathroom mirror for a full year if necessary.

Now that's a professional speaking! Hey Matthew, you hunk, good to see you!

The Voice of Odd wrote:One thing I can tell you guys though is that she is one of the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my life. And also one the happiest married!

Gosh, thanks Matt! *deep purple blush* And yes, I am very very happily married.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby TB3 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:46 am

Hehe - there are a lot of broken hearts on LF tonight - and thankyou Odd for the dating advice :*D
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Shi_Min_Xi » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:15 pm

bambi wrote:
Skorpigeist wrote:you mentioned that you had done other cartoon shows. How many exactly and what parts? and what is your favorite thing about Sissi's character?

I don't remember how many other cartoons I've done! Some of the characters were: an alligator, rodent, queen bee, grasshopper, bear, rabbit, various boys, girls, grown-ups, oh and Gohan (as a little boy) in Dragon Ball Z. My favorite thing about Sissi's character is that she never gives up no matter how much people laugh at her.

Really?!? You were the voice for young Gohan?!?!? *gasp and state of shock* :D

Hello Mrs. Forrest! :hello: I may not be a big fan of Sissi but I still love your voice for her. Although I think I can change my feelings towards her. She seems likely to have a major attiude change (for a good one) and could become one of the more likeable characters. I would ask you "do you get scared for Sissi when she's in a dangerous situation" but if memory serves...Sissi hasn't been in a dangerous situation....Right...? Forgive me if she has. Well that's all I have to say. I hope to have more pleasent conversations with you.
Habataku mono wo mukaeru sora/Shihaisareru no wo osoreyashinai/Akogareru mabayusa wa/Subete wo kaeru tame ni/Dare mo yurusazu ni/Doko he yukeru darou?

The sky greets those who fly,I don't fear of being controlled/The dazzling brightness that I aspire for is to change everything/I cannot forgive anyone, where can I go?

-Doubt & Trust, access

Note: Avatar is from Mahou Sentai Magiranger. Watch it. It is made of win.
Shi_Min_Xi offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SamBlob » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:09 pm

dragondasher wrote:I would ask you "do you get scared for Sissi when she's in a dangerous situation" but if memory serves...Sissi hasn't been in a dangerous situation....Right...? Forgive me if she has. Well that's all I have to say. I hope to have more pleasent conversations with you.

That depends. How dangerous a situation is it to be gassed, to be trapped in an elevator with a rising water level, to be trapped by an out-of-control movie monster prop, to be trapped in a crumbling lunchroom, to be surrounded by zombies...

bambi wrote:
FormicaArchonis wrote:And by 'pantomime' you mean a theatre production typically put on around Christmas, involving singing, dancing, and humor. Not the kind of pantomime that involves wearing clown-type makeup and never speaking.:)

Exactly!

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Okay, I have one question: From all the VA's of Code Lyoko, who's the youngest and who's the oldest? Giving their age is optional... I bet you're no older than 40, Jodi.

OOOOOOOOOO, Rodri, no can answer. :rabbit:

That's what "pantomime" means in Jamaica too. I wonder how it got the dual meaning...

On the other matter, checking IMDb won't help Rodri and other nosy people (like me); your birth date isn't there... <Dick Dastardly imitation> DRAT, DRAT and double DRAT!</Dick Dastardly imitation>
Last edited by SamBlob on Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:50 pm

bambi wrote:Sorry boys!

Well, it was just a try. Still, the question I made wasn't answered yet (about who's the youngest and oldest CL Voice Actor), but I guess the VA's are going to kick my butt if I insist. *runs away*

SamBlob, please don't double post. Copy, paste and delete one of your messages.
MY85 offline

Postby Skorpigeist » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:19 pm

bambi wrote:
Skorpigeist wrote:Perhaps Jodi you should check it out sometime, if it is in the studio.

Awww that makes me sad ;__; . I would keep something like that in the studio. Of course, it is probaly a good thing that A. I dont run things, and B. It is good that it is not just out in the open

bambi wrote:
Skorpigeist wrote: I played Lord Montague in Romeo and Juliet, and the playwright that you mention sounds very intriguing. I think I will have to do some research now.
One of his well known plays is "Betrayal" which is cool because it goes backward in time. He's also done some political pieces which are very subtle but intense, especially "One for the Road".

Ah thanks, that makes my research a lot easier.

bambi wrote:
Skorpigeist wrote:and maybe try a new food.

Hah! Brave man! However they don't serve raw herring with "pickles and herring" (duh!) as I mentioned above, but with pickles and onion.

Hahaha :*D. That is okay, because I didn't even notice.

bambi wrote:

Neato about the Dragon Ball Z, because I have watched every episode of that show.
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:01 am

bambi wrote:

Maybe we should keep that in mind for the next time someone asks "Can you tell me what's gonna happen in Season #?" Say all the information's locked in a vault. And if you tell them, they'll have to be locked in the vault too.

bambi wrote:

Let me guess... spidery ants? archaic table tops? crystalized Archie comic books?.... Welcome, FormicaArchonis!

Thank you for the warm welcome. And as to the name.... As someone once said to me, "I had just figured you were one who led the myrmidons into battle while The Queen Of The Ants was unavailable. ;)" It's a mix of Gnosticism and binomial nomenclature. Picked on a whim, but I've come to find the mix of arrogant god and lowly ant amusing.

bambi wrote:
FormicaArchonis wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote: And WTF did you meant with the "sticking a live ferret down your pants is rarely funny" part? The smilie even makes it sound scary.

It was an attempt at humor, which clearly failed miserably. ;)

I laughed! But then I'm not a man.

But I'm male, and I found it funny, so what's that make me?:)

bambi wrote:
FormicaArchonis wrote:I'd say I did mind, but my in-depth discussion was no better! But I'm sure Jodi is incredibly kind, forgiving, wonderful, forgiving, sweet, forgiving....

Flattery will get you everywhere.

Great, someone I can butter up and I can't find the butter.:)

bambi wrote:
The Voice of Odd wrote:One thing I can tell you guys though is that she is one of the most beautiful woman I have ever met in my life. And also one the happiest married!

Gosh, thanks Matt! *deep purple blush* And yes, I am very very happily married.

And very very beautiful, I'm sure. (Found the butter!:) )
(Hmmm. The joke's starting to edge into creepy fanboy territory, no? Time for me to stop.)

SamBlob wrote:Where's the delete option?

I think it vanishes when someone replies to your post. So you can't flame someone, wait for them to reply, then delete your post to try make it look like they started it.
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby bambi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:49 am

TB3 wrote:Hehe - there are a lot of broken hearts on LF tonight -

SamBlob wrote:On the other matter, checking IMDb won't help Rodri and other nosy people (like me); your birth date isn't there... <Dick Dastardly imitation> DRAT, DRAT and double DRAT!</Dick Dastardly imitation>

FormicaArchonis wrote:
bambi wrote:And yes, I am very very happily married.

And very very beautiful, I'm sure.

Wow! I should come here more often! "Is that a pistol in your pocket..."

dragondasher wrote:Really?!? You were the voice for young Gohan?!?!? *gasp and state of shock* :D

*fans dragondasher till he revives* The Dragonball Z series was dubbed many times by tons of different voice artists. Here, have a glass of water.

dragondasher wrote:Hello Mrs. Forrest! :hello: I may not be a big fan of Sissi but I still love your voice for her. Although I think I can change my feelings towards her. She seems likely to have a major attiude change (for a good one) and could become one of the more likeable characters. I would ask you "do you get scared for Sissi when she's in a dangerous situation"

Dragondasher (as opposed to dragonprancer or dragonblitzen?), hello! Thank you so much for your wonderful compliment. I think we'd all change our feelings about Sissi if she was kinder. But heros need villains to fight, large and small, and while Sissi is not exactly what you'd call a worthy opponent at least she's a bug up their fill-in-the-blank. No, I don't worry about her when there's danger. She's a survivor!

dragondasher wrote:I hope to have more pleasent conversations with you.

*heavy New York accent* Likewise I'm sure!

SamBlob wrote:How dangerous a situation is it to be gassed, to be trapped in an elevator with a rising water level, to be trapped by an out-of-control movie monster prop, to be trapped in a crumbling lunchroom, to be surrounded by zombies...

Piece of cake.... Hey SamBlob, how you been?

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Still, the question I made wasn't answered yet (about who's the youngest and oldest CL Voice Actor), but I guess the VA's are going to kick my butt if I insist. *runs away*

*waves and shouts*: "Rodri! A bit of mystery is intriguing!" (from the Department of Redundancy Department.)

FormicaArchonis wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome. And as to the name.... As someone once said to me, "I had just figured you were one who led the myrmidons into battle while The Queen Of The Ants was unavailable. ;)"

Is "someone" calling Achilles a queen? Is that someone calling Patroclus an ant?

FormicaArchonis wrote:It's a mix of Gnosticism and binomial nomenclature. Picked on a whim, but I've come to find the mix of arrogant god and lowly ant amusing.

Aha! No slapstick, slip on a banana peel pie in the face for you!
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:16 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:SamBlob, please don't double post. Copy, paste and delete one of your messages.

I don't think he can. Something I've noticed: after someone else has posted after one of my posts, the 'delete this post' option becomes unavailable on that post.

FormicaArchonis wrote:I think it vanishes when someone replies to your post. So you can't flame someone, wait for them to reply, then delete your post to try make it look like they started it.

Ah, that would explain it.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:58 pm

bambi wrote:
FormicaArchonis wrote:
bambi wrote:And yes, I am very very happily married.

And very very beautiful, I'm sure.

Wow! I should come here more often!

(Masher) Come here often? (/Masher)

bambi wrote:"Is that a pistol in your pocket..."

If it were, I'd probably shoot myself accidentally.:) And where am I going to get replacement parts? I'm out of warranty!

bambi wrote:
FormicaArchonis wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome. And as to the name.... As someone once said to me, "I had just figured you were one who led the myrmidons into battle while The Queen Of The Ants was unavailable. ;)"

Is "someone" calling Achilles a queen? Is that someone calling Patroclus an ant?

Can't say for sure, but I doubt it. I'd presume he was just mixing pre- and post-transformation elements of the Myrmidons. Perhaps the guy was a fan of Grant Morrison's The Invisibles. That would make a bit more sense. Insofar as The Invisibles ever made sense, anyway....

bambi wrote:
FormicaArchonis wrote:It's a mix of Gnosticism and binomial nomenclature. Picked on a whim, but I've come to find the mix of arrogant god and lowly ant amusing.

Aha! No slapstick, slip on a banana peel pie in the face for you!

Of course not. I make a fool of myself easily enough with these posts, I don't need props.:)
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SamBlob » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:55 pm

bambi wrote:
SamBlob wrote:How dangerous a situation is it to be gassed, to be trapped in an elevator with a rising water level, to be trapped by an out-of-control movie monster prop, to be trapped in a crumbling lunchroom, to be surrounded by zombies...

Piece of cake.... Hey SamBlob, how you been?

Swamped, but otherwise O.K.

bambi wrote:*waves and shouts*: "Rodri! A bit of mystery is intriguing!" (from the Department of Redundancy Department.)

Ah! Someone else who uses the term "Department of Redundancy Department"! :D For a while I thought I was the last one in the world...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:59 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:SamBlob, please don't double post. Copy, paste and delete one of your messages.

I don't think he can. Something I've noticed: after someone else has posted after one of my posts, the 'delete this post' option becomes unavailable on that post.

FormicaArchonis wrote:I think it vanishes when someone replies to your post. So you can't flame someone, wait for them to reply, then delete your post to try make it look like they started it.

Ah, that would explain it.

Sorry if I made it look like a flame. Anyways, I deleted the post.

On topic: Sorry for being a bit disrespectful about the ages thing. It's not a crime to age...

Another question to Jodi: When are you guys going to start recording Season 3 episodes?
MY85 offline

Postby FormicaArchonis » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:33 pm

So I was cooking supper and the following comment of Jodi's popped into my mind.

bambi wrote:Ah, yes, it's easy to mis-direct Pinter plays.

If you don't mind me asking, how so? What is it about Pinter that makes it easy to err in directing? Perhaps the answer will be a bit too complex for a theatrical ignoramus such as myself, but I've suddenly got a nagging curiosity.

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Another question to Jodi: When are you guys going to start recording Season 3 episodes?

March, according to Matthew Géczy.
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext