Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:25 pm

Jodi Forrest a.k.a. Elisabeth "Sissi" Delmas

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby bambi » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:17 am

SamBlob wrote:I guess Sissi's greatest strength is persistence; her conversations with Ulrich resemble Snoopy's confrontations with the Red Baron: she invariably gets shot down...

Persistence, yes, that's a nice way of saying it!

SamBlob wrote:My favourite episode regarding Sissi is "Claustrophobia", with Theo. I cannot understand why Odd and Yumi diverted Theo from Sissi after the RTTP. I would have thought that a few initial countermeasures against Herb would be more than made up for by having Sissi's attention diverted from Ulrich, and consequently from all of them...

Maybe they thought they were doing a good deed by "saving" him from her. I'd have to see the episode to say for sure...

Enki wrote:Hey Jodi, have you ever read an Archie comic and what do you think of em?

I used to love reading them when I was a kid (my fave character was Jughead). I even learned to draw by copying the pictures!

Mandaz wrote:I can't get enough of Sissi, shes too funny most of the time. *goes and watchs code lyoko)

Hurrah! You just made my day! Ta!

OBoy #1 wrote:Hey Ms. Forrest, OBoy here to ask if you would tell me a little about yourself so I can add you in my thread.

I am going to make a little thank you for all the VA's so please give me a little story of your acting life.

Thanks, and good luck with your side project!!! :hello:

Thanks OBoy! A little story of my acting life, huh? That's a tall order...

My mom took me to see lots of plays, starting when I was very young. She loved the theater and admired actors, so she was a huge influence on me in that respect. She started me out in community theater when I was in elementary school, and I never really stopped acting since then. Most of my professional life has been in the theater, either acting, directing or designing lights. And of course I do alot of voice work in cartoons, narrations and commercials. I love all my work, but if I could only do one thing, it would be directing.

Is that more or less what you were looking for? Is it too long?
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet,
Temp'ring extremities with extreme sweet.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby OB-waN » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:20 am

No, that was just fine...just what I needed!!! Your acting life is so cool, makes me want to do it but I could never remember all of those lines and make funny voices like you can.

Thanks, chat with you soon!!!!
This user has been banned.

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

Postby Enki » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:43 am

I could do the voice actors life since I like cartoons and I can make impressions. If I do decide on that, wish me luck.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Xx te*rs r*n c*ld xX » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:12 am

hey ms. forrest. :) have i posted on your thread before? i don't think i have. oh well. now i will. :P

well before i ask my question i just have to tell you that people in your line of work really REALLY impress me. especially people like you who have to say your lines over video that was originally in a different language. how do you do it? o.o

second thing is, how do you audition for a voice role, exactly? more specifically how did you audition for your role in code lyoko?
-Hayley

tears run cold
but i still hold onto
the feeling you'll come back to me
deep within my soul
but don't take too long
cause i've faced too many sleepless nights
waiting for you to come back home
my tears run cold
Xx te*rs r*n c*ld xX offline

Postby bambi » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:29 am

+TEARS+RUN+COLD+ wrote:hey ms. forrest. :) have i posted on your thread before? i don't think i have. oh well. now i will. :P

Hello and welcome!

+TEARS+RUN+COLD+ wrote:well before i ask my question i just have to tell you that people in your line of work really REALLY impress me. especially people like you who have to say your lines over video that was originally in a different language. how do you do it? o.o

First of all, someone translates the dialogue and makes sure it fits all the mouth movements of the characters. The translation is then hand-written by someone else on a thin strip of film in such a way that when it's projected on the screen (under the images) the dialogue moves from right to left. The actor's job is to read it "in place", and play the situation that's happening in a convincing manner. This technique isn't used in the US.

+TEARS+RUN+COLD+ wrote:second thing is, how do you audition for a voice role, exactly? more specifically how did you audition for your role in code lyoko?

To audition, you go into a sound studio and "read" for one or more characters using the same technique I described above. All the voice tests are sent to the producers and they decide who does what.

I didn't do a voice test for Sissi. I was called in to replaced the original actress (a very good friend) who had other commitments and couldn't continue with the series. I'm not sure but I think she did the first 6 episodes.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby bambi » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:31 am

Enki wrote:I could do the voice actors life since I like cartoons and I can make impressions. If I do decide on that, wish me luck.

Good luck!
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby SamBlob » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:03 am

bambi wrote:
SamBlob wrote:I guess Sissi's greatest strength is persistence; her conversations with Ulrich resemble Snoopy's confrontations with the Red Baron: she invariably gets shot down...

I suppose so... thanks! Yep, persistence against impossible odds (and also against Odd, who can be impossible at times...)

bambi wrote:
SamBlob wrote:My favourite episode regarding Sissi is "Claustrophobia", with Theo. I cannot understand why Odd and Yumi diverted Theo from Sissi after the RTTP. I would have thought that a few initial countermeasures against Herb would be more than made up for by having Sissi's attention diverted from Ulrich, and consequently from all of them...

Maybe they thought they were doing a good deed by "saving" him from her. I'd have to see the episode to say for sure...

Theo didn't look like he needed saving, and Sissi's demeanour seemed to improve under his influence. And the team could certainly do without Sissi's constant attention, which would have been gone if she were diverted from Ulrich to Theo... I guess that was just Odd being odd, but that still doesn't explain Yumi's co-operation... I guess that will remain a mystery.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:53 pm

SamBlob wrote:
bambi wrote:

I suppose so... thanks! Yep, persistence against impossible odds (and also against Odd, who can be impossible at times...)

Nice one, Mr. S!

SamBlob wrote:
bambi wrote:

Theo didn't look like he needed saving, and Sissi's demeanour seemed to improve under his influence. And the team could certainly do without Sissi's constant attention, which would have been gone if she were diverted from Ulrich to Theo... I guess that was just Odd being odd, but that still doesn't explain Yumi's co-operation... I guess that will remain a mystery.

Good point. Good logic. Didn't you say something about being an engineer?
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby SamBlob » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:54 am

bambi wrote:
SamBlob wrote:
bambi wrote: Persistence, yes, that's a nice way of saying it!

Nice one, Mr. S!

Thanks!

bambi wrote:
SamBlob wrote:
bambi wrote: Maybe they thought they were doing a good deed by "saving" him from her. I'd have to see the episode to say for sure...

Good point. Good logic.

Thanks yet again. (I think I'll look for some restraints to prevent my head from swelling too much... :D )

bambi wrote: Didn't you say something about being an engineer?

I studied engineering at university and have spent most of my working life checking measuring instruments for function and accuracy.
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:04 pm

SamBlob wrote:I studied engineering at university and have spent most of my working life checking measuring instruments for function and accuracy.

Which Engineering? Mechanical, Chemistry....?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:55 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:Which Engineering? Mechanical, Chemistry....?

Mechanical.
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:08 pm

SamBlob wrote:

Mechanical.

No wonder you love cars, airplanes and such things related to that...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:23 pm

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:
SamBlob wrote:

Mechanical.

No wonder you love cars, airplanes and such things related to that...

The love of cars, airplanes, etc. was the cause, not the effect...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:10 am

TB3 wrote:Hi Jodi, it's great to meet you.

Likewise, I'm sure.

TB3 wrote:I've been interested in Voice Actors for some time now and it's a pleasure to finally meet some (by extension, hello to Matt, Sharon, Barbara, David and anyone else I've missed) and I feel honoured that unlike many other actors and professionals you've joined your character's fan-groups.

Hard to resist this group!

TB3 wrote:Sissi is without a doubt, one of my favourite Code: Lyoko characters (though first place goes to a certain Oddball) and most of it is due to the wonderful performance you give, as well as Sissi's potential as a character.

Thank you so much! And I agree Sissi's character has great potentiial, some of which is developed in season 2.

TB3 wrote:Reading what you say about the dubbing process for Code: Lyoko is pretty fascinating - you all get together in a single studio am I right? And then read off an on-screen projection.

Yes, that's right.

TB3 wrote:Sorry to babble but VA is a subject I'm quite interested in - I know that in the US and Canada voices are mainly recorded individually, with the actors often never meeting, so the French 'communal' method has a great sense of camararderie from what I've read, and is probably why the on-screen dynamic is so alive. That comment about you and the whole gang going out for meals together gives me a warm feeling in my heart.

Yes, it's much better actually responding to real people than just acting in a vacuum. We've all been good friends for a long time, so the work atmosphere is generally one of relaxed fun. And do I love French lunches!

TB3 wrote:Speaking of food and having recently come back to Britain from visiting France, what is your favourite kind of meal when ordering. 'Plat d'jour'?

Depends on what the plat du jour is. We go to a fantastic place just around the corner from the studio and I always get their plat du jour since it's always delicious.

Do you visit France alot?

TB3 wrote: Extending that a bit further, are you an American living in France (like Matt Geczy) or a French national who speaks really good English.

I'm an American living in France.

TB3 wrote:(As an aside - did you see the Six Nations match when my home-nation, Wales, beat France)

I don't watch television, but congratulations! I didn't realize the Welsh were such good football (oops, soccer, although excuse me it IS football) players.[/quote]

TB3 wrote:Cheers!

Back atcha!
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby SamBlob » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:59 am

bambi wrote:
TB3 wrote:(As an aside - did you see the Six Nations match when my home-nation, Wales, beat France)

I don't watch television, but congratulations! I didn't realize the Welsh were such good football (oops, soccer, although excuse me it IS football) players.

On behalf of every football fan outside the US: THANK YOU! :peck: <3
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Becky » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:47 am

Hi Jodi my name is Becky. (Mandaz sister)
How do u feel when you're playing Sissi?
And was it difficult to play Sissi?
I liked it when Odd imitates Sissi then Sissi say's it (Hello Ulrich dear, can we talk for a minute)
If u had to play a different role in CL, who would you like to play as?
And aslo how are you getting on these days.?
Becky offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby bambi » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:26 am

Becky wrote:Hi Jodi my name is Becky. (Mandaz sister)
How do u feel when you're playing Sissi?
And was it difficult to play Sissi?
I liked it when Odd imitates Sissi then Sissi say's it (Hello Ulrich dear, can we talk for a minute)
If u had to play a different role in CL, who would you like to play as?
And aslo how are you getting on these days.?

Hi Becky! I feel great when I'm playing Sissi and it's not difficult at all. She's lots of fun. Her motivations are very clear. She says exactly what she feels, unless she's trying to get something out of her dad. I guess if I had to play a different role it would be Odd. What a great character! But Matthew is so perfect for the role, I'd much rather he did it. And I'm getting on fine these days, thanks for asking. It's VERY hectic, but I'll have some time to rest in the middle of October.

Who's your favorite character?
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby MY85 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:28 am

Hi again, Jodi. Have you ever tried dressing exactly as Sissi once?
MY85 offline

Postby Becky » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:22 pm

Hi Jodi, thanks for replying back and my fav character is Odd. Whats you're fav character?
Welcome to Room No#49
Becky offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Icelcis » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:30 pm

Wow, Jodi, Sissi is just getting more and more evil.

Icelcis offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Little Vili » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:57 pm

actually, I disagree, this is similar to something she did in season one...though I cant put my finger on it.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:04 am

Is Sissy jealous of Aeleata? Can you answer that Ms. Forrests
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:36 pm

lyokodude wrote:Is Sissy jealous of Aeleata? Can you answer that Ms. Forrests

She could be. Was nicolas drooling in the first episode, or was it me. It was while they were walking to the park, and before Jeremie went back for his laptop.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby lyokodude » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:41 pm

I agree with you starlight
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext