Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 am

Jodi Forrest a.k.a. Elisabeth "Sissi" Delmas

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Movie-Man » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:19 pm

Say Jodi, we were you aware of another voice actress playing Sissi before you by any chance?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby bambi » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:56 am

Taelia wrote:You like me after all! *hugs* I have something to show you.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/34042391/

Hey Taelia, cool pic! I got married in a long red dress...

TB3 wrote:
bambi wrote:
TL. wrote:You've been quite busy! Do you kids know what else you do?

Hi TL! Which kids?

Lol, on behalf of my moronic brother (you knew that TL and I were brothers right?) I think he meant "did the kids in the shows know you also Voice Acted", though since I assume they are French, it might not have that much relevance to them...hmmm...BUT WE STILL WORSHIP YOU! ;)

I've done some amateur dramatics so I'm curious about the shows - what were they like? I hope they did well at the box office as well :)

Hehe - wonderful to have you back :thumbs up:

Wonderful to be back.
I didn't know you and TL were brothers.... but then I'd never met him before (I think??? maybe I'm the moronic one!!!). But anyway to answer your, or his, question, I didn't tell them I was voice actor, basically for the reason you came up with. As to the WORSHIP, I bow humbly, and oh so gratefully, before you.

The show was a musical that they put together themselves over a period of 7 months (I came in for the last 2 weeks). There were excellent dance numbers: African, high-powered hip hop stuff, some very elegant choreography, and (this was my favorite) a kind of interpretive/movement section that exteriorized one character's existential crisis. Very moving and beautiful. The singing was excellent, as well. The acting, however, wasn't really happening, and some of the scene changes were excruciatingly long. The theater was packed and the audiences went crazy, particularly on opening night. It was like a rock concert with people screaming and calling out to the actors.

Chiquita wrote:
bambi wrote:
Chiquita wrote:I have a question...and a strange one....what color is your hair? (PLEASE SAY BLONDE. :*D )

Hello Chiquita, cool name. BLONDE. But in fact I have black hair like Sissi.

Oh FEW....I saw something I got scared of.... :D

What do you mean, Chiquita?

Agent_Marquez wrote:Mrs. Forrest... how are you doing? I hope you're doing well in your life...

How did it felt to deal with 30 teenagers and 10 kids on that show you worked on?

I'm doing very well, indeed, Agent Marquez, and I trust you are as well? It felt great to be involved in that project. I LOVED working with everyone and couldn't wait to get my butt over to rehearsals. I should mention that there were 2 other adults (very, very cool people) who had the initial idea of the show and organized the whole thing. They were very actively involved and naturally that was a big help.

Taelia wrote:I'm doing a Sissi-themed fanart contest on my DeviantART page. It's a character/costume design contest.

Looking forward to see the results.

Movie-Man wrote:Say Jodi, we were you aware of another voice actress playing Sissi before you by any chance?

Yes I was, Movie Man. I thought everyone knew that!
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet,
Temp'ring extremities with extreme sweet.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:22 am

bambi wrote:
Hey Taelia, cool pic! I got married in a long red dress...

Well, what a coincidink! :D Basically, the prompt of the contest is to draw Sissi as a princess, from my upcoming fic series, Pretty Guardian Sailor Lyoko. In the story, Sissi is actually the reincarnation of the Princess of Mars, Crown Princess Elisabeth (Crown Princess Sissi is, like in the present, the name that she prefers ;) ). She actually has many different outfits (including outfits with pants), but the red dress with the opera-length gloves seems to be her favorite. :D :D While her Sailor Scout color is blue, her princess outfit's color is red, like your bridal dress. That's because Mars, in Japanese astrology, is known as the fire star, though there is ice on Mars, hence Sissi's Scout alias, Sailor Glacier, and her use of cold water- and/or ice-themed powers and attacks.

Phew, long-winded, huh? :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby EarlMadness » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:08 am

I'm sorry for my noobness, this was probably asked before on one of the earlier pages but, do you think Sissi is mean or misunderstood?
EarlMadness offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:24 pm

bambi wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:Say Jodi, we were you aware of another voice actress playing Sissi before you by any chance?

Yes I was, Movie Man. I thought everyone knew that!

So you were aware? Well the thing is, I had the idea you weren't since Matthew Geczy did say he did not know another guy was playing Odd before he did also Jodi, do you like Horror films? Sorry if I asked already.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Sithking Zero » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:05 am

Miss. Jodi, do you know how one would get a job like yours?

Wait, dumb question. You have the job, so of course you do.

How would one go about getting a job as a voice actor on any show?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:20 pm

Hey, Jodi.

What are your expectations for Sissi's character development?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:06 am

Hello all you Lyoko Freaks, I'm back after a long hiatus from posting here. Matthew, Mirabelle and I just recorded the first 2 episodes of season 3 (the others will do their roles soon) and I really liked them...

EarlMadness wrote:I'm sorry for my noobness, this was probably asked before on one of the earlier pages but, do you think Sissi is mean or misunderstood?

Hi EarlMadness, glad to meet you (never heard the word noobness!). It's true I have been asked this before, but not so succinctly. I think she's spoiled and is used to getting whatever she wants. The fact that she can't have Ulrich is driving her crazy which kind of goes against everything she grew up expecting. So, to answer your question, I think she's both mean and misunderstood, but most of all, lacking grace.

Movie-Man wrote: Jodi, do you like Horror films? Sorry if I asked already.

No, I don't. The news is horror enough for me.

Sithking Zero wrote:Miss. Jodi, do you know how one would get a job like yours?

Wait, dumb question. You have the job, so of course you do.

How would one go about getting a job as a voice actor on any show?

Howdy, Sithking Zero, unusual name! That's not an easy question to answer. Well, let's see. Voice artists are generally actors first, for the obvious reasons, and when you're an actor you work with other actors and some of those actors may be voice artists already. You talk to them and kind of worm your way in, find out who the directors are, when the voice tests are, ask if you can sit in on recordings, etc., and of course make a voice demo, which you'd send to different agents and possible employers. The situation is a bit different here in France because the anglophone acting community is small and everybody knows each other which makes things easier.

Taelia wrote:Hey, Jodi.

What are your expectations for Sissi's character development?

Howdy Taelia! Quite honestly, I don't have great expectations for her but I sincerely hope to be proven wrong. I think they need her as an antagonist to notch up the danger (or at least the annoyances).
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:27 am

Do you want her to join the group? After all, she did say so in "Holiday in the Fog". ;) Jedi General and I are writing a story together that has just that. :D Do you want to have a look at what we have so far, even though I'm not supposed to ask you this?
Last edited by Taelia on Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:29 pm

bambi wrote:Hello all you Lyoko Freaks, I'm back after a long hiatus from posting here. Matthew, Mirabelle and I just recorded the first 2 episodes of season 3 (the others will do their roles soon) and I really liked them...

Welcome back. Nice to know where production is, too.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:14 pm

bambi wrote:
Movie-Man wrote: Jodi, do you like Horror films? Sorry if I asked already.

No, I don't. The news is horror enough for me.

Oh. So anyway, have you considered audtioning for a film called Transformers? TB3 said with your Xanafied voice you would make a good Starscream but if this offends you I'm sorry but he said it first not me.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:14 am

I thought I've run out of questions to ask to the VA's... but I got two just for Jodi:

Do you love gnomes? I'm thinking about it given your avatar display... and by the way, where does it come from?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:48 pm

Movie-Man wrote:TB3 said with your Xanafied voice you would make a good Starscream but if this offends you I'm sorry but he said it first not me.

Wuss...

(of course, none of us want to offend Jodi, but still...)
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:29 am

Taelia wrote:Do you want her to join the group? After all, she did say so in "Holiday in the Fog". ;)

Yes, I'd love her to join the group, mostly so she can go to Lyoko and I can do all the shrieking and grunting the others get to do!

Cassius335 wrote:Welcome back. Nice to know where production is, too.

Thanks Cassius335, nice to be back.

Movie-Man wrote:So anyway, have you considered audtioning for a film called Transformers? TB3 said with your Xanafied voice you would make a good Starscream but if this offends you I'm sorry but he said it first not me.

No, I'm not thinking of auditioning for Transformers. And no offense taken WHATSOEVER on the Starscream remark. Sounds kinda cool.

MakeYourself wrote:I thought I've run out of questions to ask to the VA's... but I got two just for Jodi:

Do you love gnomes? I'm thinking about it given your avatar display... and by the way, where does it come from?

Hi MakeYourself! Do I love gnomes? Gee, I really don't know anything about them (perhaps you can clue me in?). The avatar, which I do love, is from allavatars.com.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:00 am

I hope TB3's virtual form for Sissi gives you some excitement. =DD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:39 pm

Ok Jodi, glad to know that you're not offended. Anyway, how many episodes of Season 3 have you recorded so far by any chance?
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby EarlMadness » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:27 pm

Think she said two so far (If I am correct), yeah, I'm hopin' I made "noobness" up. Allows me to make some money for change^^. Yeah, I agree with how you see Sissi's persoanlity, though i think there's abit more to it...but we'll see in 3, won't we? Also, I congrats you on the voice-acting so far, I understand how hard it can be to get a certain sound sometimes with a certain voice. I'm killing my lungs with my own on-line series...'course, that's becasue I have all foreign sounding characters and just me for the voices, not smart in the long-run. I actually find your anaylsis very useful with my fanfic i'm writing which centers on Sissi's personality and possible evolution in a different way at the end of each chapter, I'll post it on the site's story corner, if ya'll got any free time.

Later.
EarlMadness offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Movie-Man » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:07 pm

EarlMadness wrote:Think she said two so far (If I am correct), yeah, I'm hopin' I made "noobness" up. Allows me to make some money for change^^. Yeah, I agree with how you see Sissi's persoanlity, though i think there's abit more to it...but we'll see in 3, won't we? Also, I congrats you on the voice-acting so far, I understand how hard it can be to get a certain sound sometimes with a certain voice. I'm killing my lungs with my own on-line series...'course, that's becasue I have all foreign sounding characters and just me for the voices, not smart in the long-run. I actually find your anaylsis very useful with my fanfic i'm writing which centers on Sissi's personality and possible evolution in a different way at the end of each chapter, I'll post it on the site's story corner, if ya'll got any free time.

Later.

Yes she said that but I ment how many now.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:11 pm

bambi wrote:
MakeYourself wrote:I thought I've run out of questions to ask to the VA's... but I got two just for Jodi:

Hi MakeYourself! Do I love gnomes? Gee, I really don't know anything about them (perhaps you can clue me in?). The avatar, which I do love, is from allavatars.com.

Read here for what a gnome stands for. And you got a cool avatar... and by the way, I'm Rodri.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Odd675 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:01 pm

Mrs Forrest, have you viewed the flim called Silent Hill? on Sunday i was going to the cinema to see the Silent Hill movie..but it's great and horror at same time like all Silent Hill saga.

(sorry x3U thanks, Chosen_One!), Editing!
Last edited by Odd675 on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Chosen_one » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:45 pm

This is Ms. Forrest's thread...
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:02 pm

Say Jodi, how would you feel if you have been offered to have a cameo appearence in a live action Code Lyoko?
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:55 pm

Hmmm...

Jodi, would you want Suzanne Hertz to go out with Jim? ;) *_*
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:58 am

Movie-Man wrote:Ok Jodi, glad to know that you're not offended. Anyway, how many episodes of Season 3 have you recorded so far by any chance?

Just the 2. The next recording is on the 1st.

EarlMadness wrote:Also, I congrats you on the voice-acting so far, I understand how hard it can be to get a certain sound sometimes with a certain voice. I'm killing my lungs with my own on-line series...'course, that's becasue I have all foreign sounding characters and just me for the voices, not smart in the long-run. I actually find your anaylsis very useful with my fanfic i'm writing which centers on Sissi's personality and possible evolution in a different way at the end of each chapter, I'll post it on the site's story corner, if ya'll got any free time.

*big, happy smile* Thanks so much for the compliments! Yeah, I know just what you mean. My vocal chords get an abrasive workout with Sissi. Yolande is much easier since she's generally very relaxed.

MakeYourself wrote:Read here for what a gnome stands for. And you got a cool avatar... and by the way, I'm Rodri.

Rodri, hey man, I didn't recognize you! How you doin? Thanks for the gnome info, very interesting. I'm glad you like the avatar. It actually says alot about me.

Odd675 wrote:Mrs Forrest, have you viewed the flim called Silent Hill? on Sunday i was going to the cinema to see the Silent Hill movie..but it's great and horror at same time like all Silent Hill saga.

No I haven't seen it. I'm not into horror films. The last things I've seen were dvds of Romeo and Juliet (the Zeffirelli and Lurhman versions) since I'm working on the play. One movie I saw recently which I loved was Syriana.

Chosen_one wrote:This is Ms. Forrest's thread...

I didn't realize that was in question...

Movie-Man wrote:Say Jodi, how would you feel if you have been offered to have a cameo appearence in a live action Code Lyoko?

I'd have mixed feelings about it. I'm not a film actor and I'm not sure I'd make a good one. Stage acting is my thing. But a cameo apprearance might be fun!

Taelia wrote:Hmmm...

Jodi, would you want Suzanne Hertz to go out with Jim? ;) *_*

Interesting question...
I think she's alot more intelligent than Jim is and he would probably end up exasperating her alot. He's got a good heart though and might do her alot of good in the affection department. What do you think, Taelia?
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:51 am

I think she would date him if he lost all that weight.

And I know what you mean about doing Sissi's voice. Your experience with her voice reminds me of Richard Horvitz, another voice actor that I know. He did the voice of Zim on "Invader Zim" and had similar difficulties because occasionally he and the other VAs would voice two episodes a day, and it would be just impossible because Zim usually has a raised voice, and is constantly yelling and screaming. The same thing occurs to you, but instead of raising your voice's loudness, you're raising your voice's pitch. Sissi sounds very high and squeaky, while Yolande and Ms. Hertz are normal and relaxed.

Now Samantha (the African-American girl from "Rock Bottom?") is a bit different. You haven't told us about recording her voice yet.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext