Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm

Jodi Forrest a.k.a. Elisabeth "Sissi" Delmas

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Little Vili » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:23 pm

Bambi wrote:Which I did until I discovered Irish music (more or less).

You like Irish music too...which bands would you reccomend?
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Enki » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:25 pm

I think shed reccomend Lunasa since she said shes a big fan. Other than that, I dont know.
This user has been banned.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby DeadViolet » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:03 pm

HI,SISSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SU!!!! :*D :music:

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:23 am

SamBlob wrote:
bambi wrote:
SamBlob wrote: :omg: :hyper: 8P You must have an amazing LP collection!

Alas, it's dispersed to the four winds...

All things must pass, I guess... ;__; (and if All Things Must Pass was part of the dispersed collection then I really shall ;__; ...)

You can relax, I didn't have All Things Must Pass.

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Say Jodi, speaking of the Sissi name, are you a fan of Sissy Spacek? I love her in Carrie and The Ring Two but since you dont watch horror youve probably seen her in other movies, correct?

I did see Coal Miner's Daughter (thanks for the reminder on that one, SamBlob) and I thought she was great.

Little Vili wrote:
Bambi wrote:Which I did until I discovered Irish music (more or less).

You like Irish music too...which bands would you reccomend?

I love The Bothy Band, the duo Martin Hayes and Dennis Cahill, and as Enki mentioned I'm a big fan of Lunasa. What bands would you recommend?

erikanick2getha4eva wrote:HI,SISSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SU!!!! :*D :music:

Hi! What's the "SU" part?
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet,
Temp'ring extremities with extreme sweet.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby DeadViolet » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:12 am

"su" is a japanese word that i dont now what no idea wat means. its in the :D japanese manga,"pita-ten". :D ransomed-hearts avatar. is from pita-ten. so there. :D :*D

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:18 am

SU = Sissi/Ulrich, maybe?

I'm always surprised to find that while the majority of fans obviously don't like Sissi, there's a growing fandom for her as well. U/S is becoming a big deal for ficwriters in particular...
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:28 pm

bambi wrote: You can relax, I didn't have All Things Must Pass.

I have no idea whether I'm happy ('coz you haven't lost it) or sorry ('coz you didn't have it to start with) to hear that...

In either case, thanks.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:59 pm

erikanick2getha4eva wrote:"su" is a japanese word that i dont now what no idea wat means. its in the :D japanese manga,"pita-ten". :D ransomed-hearts avatar. is from pita-ten. so there. :D :*D

Yup, it used to be misha, but now it's Sheeta from Laupta.

Jodi, do you like video games?
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby bambi » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:52 am

erikanick2getha4eva wrote:"su" is a japanese word that i dont now what no idea wat means. its in the :D japanese manga,"pita-ten". :D ransomed-hearts avatar. is from pita-ten. so there. :D :*D

Thanks for your answer.

Star Way wrote:SU = Sissi/Ulrich, maybe?

I'm always surprised to find that while the majority of fans obviously don't like Sissi, there's a growing fandom for her as well. U/S is becoming a big deal for ficwriters in particular...

Oh that's so cool! Thanks for letting me know Star Way.

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Jodi, do you like video games?

I don't think I've ever played one. Are they similar to computer games (excuse my TOTAL IGNORANCE)?
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Star Way » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:54 am

Of course, I'm probably wrong in this case. ^_^;; But the whole Sissi/Ulrich fandom thing is an interesting peice of information in itself, IMO.

Someone should totally make a little fansite JUST dedicated to that pairing. I'd totally add it to my link list here on LF.

XD
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Enki » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:18 am

Hey Jodi. What are your opinions on US presidents past and present? Both of the Bushes had to deal with war with Arabic countries and as much as I criticize the Iraq war, I sometimes feel that we had to do it otherwise what US city wouldve been next? So in a way, I kinda support both Bushes. I also liked Clinton because of his funny side and how he ran the country was great. Reagan proved he could be an actor and a president efficiently. I dont know much about Carter or Ford but I know about Kennedy and Nixon. Kennedy was pretty popular and Nixon was like Clinton, a terrible liar. Besides that, what is your opinion of boxing? Me and my dad and just about every barbershop ive been to are big fans of the sport and I could be a contender someday.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby SamBlob » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:18 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote: ...and as much as I criticize the Iraq war, I sometimes feel that we had to do it otherwise what US city wouldve been next?

The problem with that reasoning is that Saddam Hussein did not have any links with Al Qaeda. Saddam Hussein had a secular government, and had almost as much to fear from Al Qaeda as he had from the Americans. Linking Saddam Hussein to 9-11 was part of a Big Lie orchestrated to rally the hearts and minds of the US behind his little war.

One of the principles utilized in Gulf War II

Another principle utilized in Gulf War II
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:17 am

Enki, I'm not into boxing. I don't like it when people hit each other, but I'm not making any value judgements about it either. As for your other question, I'm not too impressed with American presidents on the whole, although I have a soft spot for Jimmy Carter, who was devoted to peace, ecology, human rights and racial equality. As for the current president in relation to the war in Iraq, SamBlob summed up that one pretty neatly.

Scary quotes, Mr. S.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby MY85 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:29 am

bambi wrote:Scary quotes, Mr. S.

Wanna read Bush quotes?

I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace. --> This one's sorta scary...

I think war is a dangerous place. --> *:rofl: at Bush*

The terrorists are fighting freedom with all their cunning and cruelty because freedom is their greatest fear - and they should be afraid, because freedom is on the march.

There's no bigger task than protecting the homeland of our country. --> What about Katrina?

We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace. --> This one makes me crack up...

More Bush quotes here

Enough for the moment... btw, hw ya doing, Jodi? And sory for bringing the Bush quotes...
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:17 am

bambi wrote: I'm not too impressed with American presidents on the whole, although I have a soft spot for Jimmy Carter, who was devoted to peace, ecology, human rights and racial equality.

I tend to see Carter as an even more tragic figure than Nixon. As president, he tried to bring a positive change to the world while defending America's interests and ended up doing neither. Defending America's interests included bolstering the Shah, which is why Carter is hated in Iran, where his eloquent talk about the importance of human rights cast him as a big hypocrite while he supported the repressive regime of Shah Pahlavi. Thus, when the Shah was eventually overthrown, the new leadership was highly anti-American and anti-Carter and hit him with the biggest weapon they had: the shutoff valves on the oil pipeline...

Reagan fans said that the hostages in the embassy at Tehran were released upon his inaugeration because the Iranians were afraid of Reagan. It is widely believed outside that circle that they actually did that as an insult to Carter.

I personally believe that Carter has dedicated his post-presidency career to improving international relations to atone for them collapsed so horribly under his presidency (to the point where it collapsed the domestic economy via the oil crisis)...

As I write this, I realize that in the 70's America and Jamaica both suffered under dreamers (Carter and Manley) and now we are both suffering under schemers (Bush and Patterson).

bambi wrote:As for the current president in relation to the war in Iraq, SamBlob summed up that one pretty neatly.

Thank you.

bambi wrote:Scary quotes, Mr. S.

Indeed. Even scarier when combined with this one...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mandaz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:01 pm

Hi Jodi, I'm new here. How are doing? and what is it like playing Sissi?, and what is your fave episode you done?
My fave quote from Sissi:
Odd: Hello Ulrich dear, can we talk for a minute?
Sissi: Hello Ulrich dear, can we talk for a minute?
(Odd Laughs)
Nice to meet you Jodi, hope to speak to you in near future.
Mandaz offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby bambi » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:21 am

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace. --> This one makes me crack up...

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH *deep throaty appreciative laugh*

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:... btw, hw ya doing, Jodi? And sory for bringing the Bush quotes...

Loved the quotes, man! And I'm doin' just fine. Got lots of work and lots of friends and the sun is shining and it's a beautiful morning.

SamBlob wrote:I tend to see Carter as an even more tragic figure than Nixon. As president, he tried to bring a positive change to the world while defending America's interests and ended up doing neither.

So true, although I don't see Nixon as a tragic figure. I see him as something I won't say in polite company.

SamBlob, once again you keep me on the right path. I had forgotten that Carter supported the shah. Alas. When will presidents see that "defending America's interests" actually MEANS "bringing positive change to the world"?

Mandaz wrote:Hi Jodi, I'm new here. How are doing? and what is it like playing Sissi?, and what is your fave episode you done?
My fave quote from Sissi:
Odd: Hello Ulrich dear, can we talk for a minute?
Sissi: Hello Ulrich dear, can we talk for a minute?
(Odd Laughs)
Nice to meet you Jodi, hope to speak to you in near future.

Hi Mandaz, pleased to meet you. I'm doing very well, thank you, and yourself? It's great fun playing Sissi. I get to say things I'd NEVER say in real life, even if I thought them. She has no tact whatsoever and believe me it's fun being paid to cut loose and act obnoxious. It's kind of therapeutic!

I don't remember the episodes very well, since we did them over a year ago and I only see my scenes. There's one coming up however that I LOVE, and we can talk about it after you guys see it.

Yes, I remember that quote. *giggles* It's a good one.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby SamBlob » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:28 am

bambi wrote: So true, although I don't see Nixon as a tragic figure. I see him as something I won't say in polite company.

I suppose that, around minors, the word "crook" will do...

bambi wrote: SamBlob, once again you keep me on the right path. I had forgotten that Carter supported the shah. Alas. When will presidents see that "defending America's interests" actually MEANS "bringing positive change to the world"?

When the people who claim to represent America's interests see it the same way, I guess; which won't be any time soon...

bambi wrote: It's great fun playing Sissi. I get to say things I'd NEVER say in real life, even if I thought them. She has no tact whatsoever and believe me it's fun being paid to cut loose and act obnoxious. It's kind of therapeutic!

I'm sure Mr. G. feels sort of the same way about Odd... I guess Sissi's greatest strength is persistence; her conversations with Ulrich resemble Snoopy's confrontations with the Red Baron: she invariably gets shot down...

bambi wrote: I don't remember the episodes very well, since we did them over a year ago and I only see my scenes. There's one coming up however that I LOVE, and we can talk about it after you guys see it.

I'm trying to think what my favourite Sissi quote is and all I can come up with is the one where she quite sarcastically refers to Jeremy as "the closest thing to Bruce Willis"!

My favourite episode regarding Sissi is "Claustrophobia", with Theo. I cannot understand why Odd and Yumi diverted Theo from Sissi after the RTTP. I would have thought that a few initial countermeasures against Herb would be more than made up for by having Sissi's attention diverted from Ulrich, and consequently from all of them...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mandaz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:20 am

I'm doing great Jodi, I can't wait to see the second season, though i have no idea when the new episodes will be coming to the UK, but i'll look out for them.
Mandaz offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Enki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:59 am

Hey Jodi, have you ever read an Archie comic and what do you think of em?
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mandaz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:29 pm

Lmao, another funny quote that made me laugh, it's from 'End of take'
It's when she says just one line...blimmey easy thing to say.
Sissi: AHHHHHHH!!! LOL!

I can't get enough of Sissi, shes too funny most of the time. *goes and watchs code lyoko)
Mandaz offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby bambi » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:38 pm

Dear All,

Will be back on Sunday with replies for everyone. Am recording an original musical theater piece and working non-stop. love and fond thoughts till then,

Jodi
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Enki » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:58 pm

See ya sunday then.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby SamBlob » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:33 am

'Bye 'til then! :hello:
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OB-waN » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:11 am

Hey Ms. Forrest, OBoy here to ask if you would tell me a little about yourself so I can add you in my thread.

I am going to make a little thank you for all the VA's so please give me a little story of your acting life.

Thanks, and good luck with your side project!!! :hello:

OB-waN offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Location: In some galaxy, fighting with my Ominwrench 8000!!!

PreviousNext