Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 pm

Jodi Forrest a.k.a. Elisabeth "Sissi" Delmas

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby MY85 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:32 pm

bambi wrote:France's nightlife is a great unknown to me, other than movies, theater, and dining. There are tons of movies from all over the world, lots of theater and super yummy restaurants. But I take it that's not your idea of nightlife!

The voice acting business is up and down, up and down my man. Fortunately France has unemployment compensation for actors.

It's part of my idea of nightlife. And interesting to know that VA business goes up and down.

SamBlob wrote:(I hope MewBerries151 doesn't mind me decoding her name... ^^; ) The "Mew" and "151" are Pokémon references; Mew is a rare Pokémon and is number 151 on the Pokédex. "Berries" is in reference to a colour, I think...

And the berries thing...

From ff.net, Mewberries wrote:And the berries part of my name? Berries are a dark shade of pink sometimes right? Well that's where it comes from!

On DA, she drew Mew in a different shade than the original Pokémon.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:28 pm

Thanks for answering my questions, Ms. Forrest! :)

*laughs* I'll explain my name in a moment. SamBlob hit most of the important points in his post.

SamBlob wrote:(I hope MewBerries151 doesn't mind me decoding her name... ^^; ) The "Mew" and "151" are Pokémon references; Mew is a rare Pokémon and is number 151 on the Pokédex. "Berries" is in reference to a colour, I think...

That's the jist of it (combined with what BHR copied from FF.net). Mew is my favorite pokemon (always will be) and 151 is Mew's pokemon number. The berries does reference a color (which I somewhat mentioned on FF.net), but I can explain it a little further.

There was an episode in which the main characters of Pokemon visited an island called Pinkan Berry. This island grew Pinkan Berries, which would turn any Pokemon that ate them temporarily a lovely shade of pink. Mew's usually depicted as a light pink or as white with light pink shading. But I liked the Pinkan berry Pink shade, and thought, well why not create a Mew of that color. Thus "Mewberries", a Mew the color of Pinkan Berries. ^_^

*laughs* Actually a true "Mewberry" was something that would have appeared in a Pokemon OC fanfic I started writing years ago, but never finished... *looks up at post* I better stop before I end up posting my whole life story. XD But, that's where the name "Mewberries" comes from. I usually add in the "151" for forums, and keep just the name for fan works. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby vertig73 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:34 pm

thanks for explaining or we would of never known
vertig73 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Enki » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:45 pm

Good news for you Mewberries, since you like Mew so much. In this year 2005, in Japan was released a new Pokemon movie in which Mew was featured. Dont think Mewtwo was involved since no mention of him was in the research ive done. Since movies are always one year behind in America, itll be in US next year.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:49 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Good news for you Mewberries, since you like Mew so much. In this year 2005, in Japan was released a new Pokemon movie in which Mew was featured. Dont think Mewtwo was involved since no mention of him was in the research ive done. Since movies are always one year behind in America, itll be in US next year.

Yep I heard! I'm really excited for it! Hey, I know a great site that has screenshots of the movie and everything, if you're interested. PM me and I'll give you the link. I'm afraid I might end up turning Ms. Forrest's thread into a Pokemon chat thread otherwise. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lotho » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:28 am

bambi wrote:
Celahir Ciryatan wrote:Ian McKellan, who?...I don't remember names well. lol

He played Gandalf.

Then yes, Gandalf was awesome, expecially with the "You shall not pass!" part in fellowship of the ring. With the giant fire monster thing, that I don't remember the name too.

Anyways, I was wondering about copyright, is your Sissi voice copyrighted or is it only when it's played in the show. If it was I think that'd be a little wierd.
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:30 pm

Celahir Ciryatan wrote:Then yes, Gandalf was awesome, expecially with the "You shall not pass!" part in fellowship of the ring. With the giant fire monster thing, that I don't remember the name too.

That would be specially, and the monster you're looking for is a Balrog.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Lotho » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:23 am

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:
Celahir Ciryatan wrote:Then yes, Gandalf was awesome, expecially with the "You shall not pass!" part in fellowship of the ring. With the giant fire monster thing, that I don't remember the name too.

That would be specially, and the monster you're looking for is a Balrog.

Hmn.. okay thn, let me rephase.

I wrote:Then yes, Gandalf was awesome, especially with when he said "You shall not pass", in The Fellowship of The Ring, with the Balrog.

EDIT: Oh and my last question remains...
Lotho offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:33 am

Now you wrote:Then yes, Gandalf was awesome, especially with when he said "You shall not pass", in The Fellowship of The Ring, with the Balrog.

Celahir Ciryatan wrote:EDIT: Oh and my last question remains...

*waits for it to be answered*
MY85 offline

Postby bambi » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:52 am

Celahir Ciryatan wrote:EDIT: Oh and my last question remains...

Are you referring to this one:

Celahir Ciryatan wrote: Anyways, I was wondering about copyright, is your Sissi voice copyrighted or is it only when it's played in the show. If it was I think that'd be a little wierd.

The entire soundtrack is copyrighted, but I don't think there's anything in the contract specifying that I wouldn't be able to use the same voice again for another character in another cartoon. In any case, I wouldn't want to. It would be weird hearing Sissi's voice coming out of someone else's mouth. Interesting question, though...
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet,
Temp'ring extremities with extreme sweet.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby SamBlob » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:37 am

bambi wrote: The entire soundtrack is copyrighted, but I don't think there's anything in the contract specifying that I wouldn't be able to use the same voice again for another character in another cartoon. In any case, I wouldn't want to. It would be weird hearing Sissi's voice coming out of someone else's mouth. Interesting question, though...

This reminded me of the scene from "Log Book" where Yumi mimicked Sissi while reading an extract from her diary on the 'phone to her... :D

This also reminded me, in contrast, of the late Lorenzo Music, who sounded the same in everything he did: from Carlton the Doorman in Rhoda through Dr. Peter Venckman in The Real Ghostbusters to the voice of Garfield. I remember hearing Garfield's voice for the first time and thinking: "Wait a minute; isn't that 'Carlton your door man' from Rhoda?" I thought he was also the voice of Tummi in Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears, but I was wrong...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Enki » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:48 am

An Enki question from yours truly: why is it that almost none of the voice actors of Code Lyoko are horror movie fans? I think David is the exception but even Matt himself said hes not into them.
This user has been banned.
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby bambi » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:24 am

Just to let you all know we recorded 2 super-fun episodes yesterday. We loved them and I bet you will, too!

Enki Ishiyama wrote:An Enki question from yours truly: why is it that almost none of the voice actors of Code Lyoko are horror movie fans? I think David is the exception but even Matt himself said hes not into them.

That's a tough one! Maybe David has a more resilient psyche than the rest of us...

SamBlob wrote:This also reminded me, in contrast, of the late Lorenzo Music, who sounded the same in everything he did: from Carlton the Doorman in Rhoda through Dr. Peter Venckman in The Real Ghostbusters to the voice of Garfield. I remember hearing Garfield's voice for the first time and thinking: "Wait a minute; isn't that 'Carlton your door man' from Rhoda?" I thought he was also the voice of Tummi in Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears, but I was wrong...

Whoa, sounds like you are really into voices!
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby MY85 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:26 am

bambi wrote:Just to let you all know we recorded 2 super-fun episodes yesterday. We loved them and I bet you will, too!

I thought the recording were finished...
MY85 offline

Postby SamBlob » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:30 am

bambi wrote:
SamBlob wrote:This also reminded me, in contrast, of the late Lorenzo Music, who sounded the same in everything he did: from Carlton the Doorman in Rhoda through Dr. Peter Venckman in The Real Ghostbusters to the voice of Garfield. I remember hearing Garfield's voice for the first time and thinking: "Wait a minute; isn't that 'Carlton your door man' from Rhoda?" I thought he was also the voice of Tummi in Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears, but I was wrong...

Whoa, sounds like you are really into voices!

Not really; I guess I just watched Rhoda at a young enough age to have "Hello, this is Carlton your door man" stuck in my mind...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:58 am

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:
bambi wrote:Just to let you all know we recorded 2 super-fun episodes yesterday. We loved them and I bet you will, too!

Nope, we finish up in October.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby MY85 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:26 am

bambi wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:

Oh, I see... hope it all goes good, Jodi.
MY85 offline

Postby Enki » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:34 am

Say Jodi, before you got into Irish music what did you listen to usually?
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby bambi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:06 am

TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:
bambi wrote:
TheBloodyOneIsMe wrote:

Oh, I see... hope it all goes good, Jodi.

Thanks! We recorded another one yesterday. I only had one loop so I don't really know what happens, but everybody said it was good.

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Say Jodi, before you got into Irish music what did you listen to usually?

When I lived in the States I was into the Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Santana, the Beatles, Frank Zappa, Joni Mitchell, Arlo Guthrie, Phil Ochs, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, etc. etc. Then I moved to France, where I didn't have a stereo or my records and learned to live without music. Which I did until I discovered Irish music (more or less).
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby SamBlob » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:28 am

bambi wrote: When I lived in the States I was into the Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Santana, the Beatles, Frank Zappa, Joni Mitchell, Arlo Guthrie, Phil Ochs, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, etc. etc. Then I moved to France, where I didn't have a stereo or my records and learned to live without music. Which I did until I discovered Irish music (more or less).

:omg: :hyper: 8P You must have an amazing LP collection!
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bambi » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:24 pm

SamBlob wrote: :omg: :hyper: 8P You must have an amazing LP collection!

Alas, it's dispersed to the four winds...
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Enki » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:44 pm

Whatever happened to Christine Flowers, the original VA for Sissi? Was she fired or did she quit? Also, whats the name of the original VA for Odd before Matt took over and was that VA fired or quit?
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby SamBlob » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:12 pm

bambi wrote:
SamBlob wrote: :omg: :hyper: 8P You must have an amazing LP collection!

Alas, it's dispersed to the four winds...

All things must pass, I guess... ;__; (and if All Things Must Pass was part of the dispersed collection then I really shall ;__; ...)

BTW, Enki, as to Odd's original English voice, Jodi answered that already, either in this thread or the Sharon Mann thread. I'll check later, but I believe she said his name was Christophe Raymond...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Enki » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:17 pm

Say Jodi, speaking of the Sissi name, are you a fan of Sissy Spacek? I love her in Carrie and The Ring Two but since you dont watch horror youve probably seen her in other movies, correct?
Enki offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby SamBlob » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:55 pm

Enki Ishiyama wrote:Say Jodi, speaking of the Sissi name, are you a fan of Sissy Spacek? I love her in Carrie and The Ring Two but since you dont watch horror youve probably seen her in other movies, correct?

...you mean like Coal Miner's Daughter, Missing, and In The Bedroom?
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext