Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

Sharon Mann, AKA Jeremie and Aelita

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby FormicaArchonis » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:29 am

Demonkiller wrote:and do you know the correct way to spell scyphazoa?

"Scyphozoa".
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Demonkiller » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:36 pm

Okay, That's one question down.

Pending, Please wait…
Demonkiller offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Movie-Man » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:26 pm

Hello Sharon, my name is Movie-Man and I'm sure Barbara, Matthew and David told you about me already so anyway, you're awesome as Jeremy and Aelita so my question how did you approach the idea of playing both characters?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:52 pm

jerlita wrote:Thanks for your great welcome, all.

As far as the single take thing goes, it depends on how close the lines are to each other. Sometimes I can't turn on a dime and still stay synch and other times both characters speak in the same scene but are not in the same kind of space (Jeremy in the lab and Aelita on Lyoko, for example) and so technically those lines need to be recorded on 2 different microphones (one with an indoor ambiance/ one with an outdoor ambiance). It is kind of cool when I get it right and flip from one to the next, as it saves time and also is like doing gymnastics (of the tongue and the brain). David is great with going back and forth between two characters, he doesn't have much chance to do it with CL but does on other series we've done. He's also one of those people I was mentioning that you don't mind being locked in room with cause he's such a card (funny guy)! Matthew sometimes says stuff when we are tired like 'OK, let's stay in the fun zone' so that we don't get cranky.

See you next time, Jerlita

I think that should answer your question, Movie-Man. ;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:56 pm

Sharon hasn't been much at LF. I think we should wait for her to come back and answer our questions, unless she quitted the forum. If you wanna make questions. let's try asking questions that are different from the traditional ones that Sharon would answer to.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Movie-Man » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:20 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
jerlita wrote:Thanks for your great welcome, all.

As far as the single take thing goes, it depends on how close the lines are to each other. Sometimes I can't turn on a dime and still stay synch and other times both characters speak in the same scene but are not in the same kind of space (Jeremy in the lab and Aelita on Lyoko, for example) and so technically those lines need to be recorded on 2 different microphones (one with an indoor ambiance/ one with an outdoor ambiance). It is kind of cool when I get it right and flip from one to the next, as it saves time and also is like doing gymnastics (of the tongue and the brain). David is great with going back and forth between two characters, he doesn't have much chance to do it with CL but does on other series we've done. He's also one of those people I was mentioning that you don't mind being locked in room with cause he's such a card (funny guy)! Matthew sometimes says stuff when we are tired like 'OK, let's stay in the fun zone' so that we don't get cranky.

See you next time, Jerlita

I think that should answer your question, Movie-Man. ;)

Oh sorry, let me repharse the question.

Sharon, Barbara told me you were in a Tales from the Crypt episode and you were credited under the name Lee Danner so the question is which episode were you in and did you ever got a chance to see the Crypt Keeper puppet?
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby jerlita » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:57 am

Hey Y'all,
Sorry I've been so quiet - haven't quit the forum.
Thanks for the new welcomes.
To answer your question movieman I was in an episode of Ghost Stories that probably only had one season. The episode was called Sleep no more. I played a dream therapist that took away her clients bad dreams and ended up living them herself. It was hokey probably but lots of fun. Yes that was under the name Lee Danner.
Hope you all are enjoying the springtime weather.
Jerlita
jerlita offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Movie-Man » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:08 pm

jerlita wrote:Hey Y'all,
To answer your question movieman I was in an episode of Ghost Stories that probably only had one season. The episode was called Sleep no more. I played a dream therapist that took away her clients bad dreams and ended up living them herself. It was hokey probably but lots of fun. Yes that was under the name Lee Danner.
Jerlita

That episode sounds cool, I'm interested seeing that episode. So Sharon, do you like Horror films?
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Carth » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:58 pm

Jerlita

YAY! YOU BAK NOW!

Prepare for big long post now.

I'm watching TeddygoZilla right now. It's pretty obvious the show has changed since then, especially with the amazing finale on last night.

WARNING: Friendly critisism ahead!

Jeremie's voice in that episode sounded like...well, a girl. Aelita sounded GREAT. I don't know if you've changed the voice that much since then, but, she sounded really...how should I say this...very mature and calm. (I think nowadays it sounds like she's out of breath all the time, but it's still pretty good. Jeremie's current voice sounds like a kid in my class-it's so funny! Cept that kid's not as cute as Jeremie.)

End friendly critisism.

Now, for a few questions.

Are you working on anything else besides CL?

When you read these posts, do you have a bowl of popcorn handy? (Our theories must make you laugh.)

When you look back on old episodes of CL, what do you think to yourself?

[size=0]Any hopes or hints for, oh, say, a Human XANA?[/size]
Carth offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:01 am

Jerlita

Welcome back, Ms. Mann! It's a pleasure to see you on the forum again! ^_^

Indeed, Spring is in the air and I'm looking forward to warmer weather again, most definitely! :D

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jerlita » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:06 am

Movieman, I'm not a horror film fan. My favorite types of films are psychological thrillers and comedies. I also like to check out the new martial arts films with Tony Jaa.

Carth, I don't know when we recorded that episode but it sounds like it was one we did before we landed the series. I'm sure someone explained the story on one of these threads about how we were copying the french voices which were more girly even on the guys. When we came back to the series after a few months there was no example in the studio of what we'd done before and I had to wing it.

I just completed a series called the Odd Family and another called Little Friends of the Forest. Also did a pilot for a series about an adventure into the human body playing a character called Adibou (very popular cartoon character in France).

Not much chance to see the episodes we've done. Particularly season one. I think CL is a great show.
jerlita offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:02 pm

jerlita wrote:Movieman, I'm not a horror film fan. My favorite types of films are psychological thrillers and comedies. I also like to check out the new martial arts films with Tony Jaa.

Oh ok.

Also Sharon, I noticed something in the episode The Robots, I noticed that the sound quality in Aelita's voice whenever she appears on Jeremy's computer and labtop is quite low, why is that? Sore throat perhaps?
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:52 pm

jerlita wrote:Carth, I don't know when we recorded that episode but it sounds like it was one we did before we landed the series.

Most likely. Jodi Forrest and Matthew Géczy weren't part of the cast for "Teddygozilla". And I think everyone sounded at least a little off "normal" in that episode. For one thing, I'm very glad that Mr. Delmas's voice lost that horribly nerdy aspect it had in these early episodes!

Movie-Man wrote:Also Sharon, I noticed something in the episode The Robots, I noticed that the sound quality in Aelita's voice whenever she appears on Jeremy's computer and labtop is quite low, why is that? Sore throat perhaps?

I'd lay odds it was a post-production glitch. Not only does it not sound like a strained voice (rather, it simply sounds muted), but as I recall it's not present when Aelita's talking to someone who's also on Lyoko. It only happens when Aelita's talking to Jeremie through the computer. All that dialogue would've been done on a different track so that the slight echo effect could be added to it. I'd bet that whoever was doing the track messed up the volume and it wasn't caught until the episode was already finished.
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Demonkiller » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:29 am

Hey Sharon, would you mind if I post a picture (Or what I think is a picture) of you on here?

Pending, Please wait…
Demonkiller offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:37 am

Demonkiller wrote:Hey Sharon, would you mind if I post a picture (Or what I think is a picture) of you on here?

We already have a thread with a picture of Ms. Mann in it. It's right here. ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

I now realize that my question has already been answered.

Postby Chosen_one » Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:09 pm

I'm changing my question.

Hello, Ms. Mann, I'm Chosen_one. It's a pleasure to meet you.

I think that Aelita's voice sounds very mature angel-like and Jeremie's voice sounds... watery. (I have weird visualizations.)
How do you accomplish these two almost opposite voices?
Last edited by Chosen_one on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Movie-Man » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:35 pm

Say Sharon, you like comic books? If yes, what are your favorites?
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Fri May 05, 2006 1:50 am

Hey Sharon, next season is Jeremie or Aelita gonna make a move on each other like kissing, holding hands, etc
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue May 09, 2006 12:20 pm

One question at time people. I think Ms.Mann needs break. But I hope the crew is happy! Unless their tired...

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Jeremified » Sun May 14, 2006 2:07 pm

Okay. I used the search feature and didn't find this question (which surprised me), so if I missed it, I'm sorry.

Mrs. Mann, what's your opinion on how the romance between Jeremie and Aelita will change in Season 3? Do you think that Aelita will begin to like Jeremie less and less, or will they stay together?
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby *Star* Gazer » Mon May 15, 2006 12:26 pm

Jeremified wrote:Okay. I used the search feature and didn't find this question (which surprised me), so if I missed it, I'm sorry.

Mrs. Mann, what's your opinion on how the romance between Jeremie and Aelita will change in Season 3? Do you think that Aelita will begin to like Jeremie less and less, or will they stay together?

That was asked......

But not awnsered.
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby Movie-Man » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:21 pm

Say Sharon, if you're recording Season 3 how was it? Aslo, I promise won't ask what's Season 3 about, I'll find that out by myself.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Tom Bone » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:56 pm

Hello, Ms. Mann :D . This may be kind of a weird question but do you voice anyone in the Hercules Disney movie? My friend said he was watching the credits and she could've sworn he saw the name "Sharon Mann". Was it you?
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.

Postby Sithking Zero » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:15 am

Sorry if there are a lot of questions about the show and other things, but as an aspiring actor, what's it like knowing that all over the world, people hear your voice on a popular kids TV Show? Does it feel wierd when you watch the show?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:41 pm

I will ask you these questions again...

How did you audition for the role of Jeremie and Aelita after Barbara got the part of the handsome Ulrich Stern, Sharon? What were the vocal requirements for these roles?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext