Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

Sharon Mann, AKA Jeremie and Aelita

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Vora Lyoko » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:36 pm

Oh boy Hidushkai...

Anyway, I think it's wonderful having you here.

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Hidushikai » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:03 pm

Edited once again by Mewberries151: Hidushikai, unless you are a professional voice actor, do not consider yourself able to tell the VAs how to do their job. Not only is this against the rules, but it is also very rude. What you said regarding spam here, was particularly unacceptable. Do not let me catch you doing this again.
This user has been banned.
Hidushikai offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby *Star* Gazer » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:02 pm

I really have no intention but......NO!

Hello Ms.Man OR Ms.Sharon, I really enjoy your voice acting abilities. I bet it took much pratice :3 You're very good at it! No wonder I really liked those (somewhat shy) couple.
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby TB3 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:22 pm

I hardly think this behaviour is acceptable - constructive criticism only works when the person in question knows the subject well - Ms. Mann is a professional Voice Actor, you are not. Also her felow professionals, including her director seem to approve of her work so you are clearly a minority.

We also have certain rules about politeness regarding the VAs - they are very generous in taking their time out to visit us here, and when you offend them you offend all of us and ruin the experience for everyone.

Thirdly, your attitude in general seems to be quite arrogant in assuming you can simply state your preferences as fact - I personally feel Ms. Mann is one of the best VAs in her business, as do her collegues.

Basic tip, think about what you're saying and how others will interpret it BEFORE you say it. Otherwise you make yourself seem extremely foolish and you make no friends around here.

That said, I'm now going to apologise to Ms. Mann for sidetracking her thread. If you Hidishikai have a problem with what I said, PM me.

Sorry about that Sharon, and also I apologise in general to everyone.
Last edited by TB3 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:26 pm

Hidushikai, you are already walking a very thin line in regards to the rules already.

Rule number one with the VAs is that you give them your upmost respect. Unless you are a professional voice actor yourself, you have absolutely no right to tell Ms. Mann how to do her job, and even then, it would still be disrespectful. This behavior is not acceptable.

I am editing your posts again (although I am keep copies as evidence). Do not post anything of this sort again. It is not going to go unpunished here.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:31 pm

How did you audition for the role of Jeremie and Aelita after Barbara got the part of the handsome Ulrich Stern, Sharon? What were the vocal requirements for these roles?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby The BB of C » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:21 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Hidushikai, you are already walking a very thin line in regards to the rules already.

Rule number one with the VAs is that you give them your upmost respect. Unless you are a professional voice actor yourself, you have absolutely no right to tell Ms. Mann how to do her job, and even then, it would still be disrespectful. This behavior is not acceptable.

I am editing your posts again (although I am keep copies as evidence). Do not post anything of this sort again. It is not going to go unpunished here.

Hes told me what he said before. There is absolutely no disrespect in it. I've got news for you too. He is a professional voice actor. He has taken special classes for his abilites. He has done cartoon voices in the past. He has gotten paid for it. The only thing that isn't professional about him is the amount of recognition hes gotten.
The BB of C offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:28 pm

It was indeed disrespectful and regardless of whether or not he is a professional VA, particularly a 16 year old one at that, negative criticism is not appreciated here. And I've got news for you. If he continues to blatantly disregard the rules as he has previously, actions will be taken.

Any further discussion of this event can be moved to PMs as I would rather Ms. Mann's thread stay spam-free. PM me if either you or Hidushikai would like to further argue your case, but do not post here. Thank you. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Little Vili » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:40 pm

I know Im going to sound like a creepy fanboy, but I just love the job that you've done with Aelita's voice. You play her so well (Jeremy too), its one of the many reasons why I love her (not to sound obsessive, but I have various "rants" posted about this forum). I've been waiting forever for you to come so that I could thank you for the great job you've done. It’s a shame you couldn’t have been on tvtome, but here is just fine. Im--actually, we are so honored to have you here (as well as the other VA's). I hope that you enjoy your stay, and that no one harasses you (if they do, Ill hunt them down with a specially modified 12-gauge shotgun).
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LoVeIsBeAuTiFuL » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm

Hi Ms. Mann. :hello: Quick question if you live in France but speak english is it hard to live there?
LoVeIsBeAuTiFuL offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Chiquita » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:39 pm

Somebody told me that most Europeans learned English that you barely know they ever spoke french....but I don't know.

So Ms.Mann, just asking a pointless question-

How are you?
No signature apparently. I'm boring....O_O
Chiquita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Max Gene » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Hey! I went away for a little while and she showed up!

Greetings, once again, Sharon! Glad to see you here! I'm a fan of Jeremie and Aelita, mostly because I'm a geek with girl troubles, and I'm still waiting to meet MY Aelita... =P

At any rate, their voices fit them like a glove- weird metaphor aside- and I absolutely love your work with them. Thanks!
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Odd675 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:18 pm

Odd675 wrote:One question!

Jeremie really hate the impatience of all?

Thanks n_n

i was wondering about the question..it was because, in other episodes of C.L on Season 1, he was impatienced and he just start to slam in his chair and looking to all..very serious and very angered..of all the problems was about talking Ulrich, Yumi and Odd..(on Season 1) and in Season 2, he was sooo very impatience and just looking at the hour..Yumi was taking soo very late! and i thinked he really HATE the patience! º.º it's true?
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:22 pm

Odd675 wrote:
Odd675 wrote:One question!

Jeremie really hate the impatience of all?

Thanks n_n

i was wondering about the question..it was because, in other episodes of C.L on Season 1, he was impatienced and he just start to slam in his chair and looking to all..very serious and very angered..of all the problems was about talking Ulrich, Yumi and Odd..(on Season 1) and in Season 2, he was sooo very impatience and just looking at the hour..Yumi was taking soo very late! and i thinked he really HATE the patience! º.º it's true?

Odd675, could you possibly use a bit better spelling and grammar when you ask a question? I know I've brought this up with you before and that you've given me a reason, but the VAs will have an easier time answering your questions if they are legible. Thanks. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:01 pm

OH.

MY.

I decide to leave this part of the forum, and the voice of the cutest character on the show, well...shows up.

Now, for my first question.

Do you want my Perfectly Sane greeting, or my Totally Fangirlishly Nuts As Far As The Mods Will Let Me Go greeting?
Carth offline

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:42 am

Don't know about Sharon, but I say do both

EDIT: Whoops, Didn't mean to call you Sharo
Last edited by Jazzy Josh on Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby jerlita » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:09 am

Brightstar wrote:Hi Ms. Mann. :hello: Quick question if you live in France but speak english is it hard to live there?

Brightstar, I studied french for a semester at the end of college. And now after 16 years here my french is pretty darn good. I still have a slight accent though and make the mistakes I'm no longer aware of but it gets me by just fine. I think though with just a bit of basic french one could have a nice vacation here but knowing the language is definitely better for living and working. The french in general aren't very good with languages other than their own. Though more and more english expressions are coming into the language like 'positive attitude' which separately are 2 words that already exist in french but not in that combination with that meaning.

Max Gene and Little Vili, thanks for the good vibes.

Carth upon a Star, I agree with Lyoko is cool: Let's have both greetings!!

Odd675, I guess you could look at Jeremie's attitude as impatience but I think he's mostly stressed because he's in charge of getting everyone to Lyoko to fight Xana and when someone is late it puts the others in danger and gives Xana the chance to wreak more havoc.

Chiquita, I'm doing good. Thanks for asking. Hope you are well too.

Bye for now,
Jerlita :)
jerlita offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Carth » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:39 pm

Both greetings, eh?

Here's my nuts greeting. Cover your ears.

EEEEEEEEK! YOU'RE HERE! YOU'RE HEEEEEEERE!!! AND YOU SAID WORDS TO ME! I'VE WAITED FOR THIS DAY...SINCE AROUND SEPTEMBER! EEEEEE!! Didja know that Jeremie is my favorite character? YOU KNOW NOW! WOOOOOOOO!!! I GONNA HUG YOO NOW! YAY!!!!

(cough) And now here's my sane greeting.

Well, hi. I guess you can call me Carth, everyone here does. As you can see from the insane greeting, yes, Jeremie is my favorite character. (He's really cute...^^) I think you did a really good job on both Jer and Aelita's voices.

And...no! I ran out of words! NOOOOO!

So I'll just ask a question instead.

I ran out of words for questions too. How strange.
Carth offline

Postby Vora Lyoko » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:44 pm

TMOB....

Anyway Sharon is probably busy. (As for the animators too if their working on Season 3. I can guess they are wiped out.)

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Syody » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:31 am

Hello! I know little to nothing about Code Lyoko, but I am trying to catch all the episodes.
I love Aelita's voice and I would never have known Jeremie's voice was done by a female. Good job!

My question: Does your real voice sound like Aelita's?
syody of syody designs

~~ Forever gone ~~
Syody offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:44 pm

Hello. :hello: I have one question for you. Does it sometimes get a little strange flirting with yourself? You do a great job as Jeremie and Aelita! :D
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Odd675 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:58 pm

One question Mrs Mann..

(i can wait for your answer)
Will Jeremie to worry about Yumi and take care on her like a "brother" of her?
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Agent_Marquez » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:06 pm

Odd675 wrote:One question Mrs Mann..

You're giving us latinos a bad name. You should worry about your posts. How about:
Will Jeremie have to worry about Yumi and take care of her like if he was her "brother"?

Back on the topic, my apologies to Sharon and everybody else for butting in this way.

jerlita, I'm Agent_Marquez. Pleased to meet you.

Question: Do you know why Aelita's clothes changed from Season 1 to Season 2?
A Requiem To Our Homeland - Stand-by

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
- William Shakespeare
Agent_Marquez offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Odd675 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:29 pm

Agent_Marquez wrote:
Odd675 wrote:One question Mrs Mann..

You're giving us latinos a bad name. You should worry about your posts. How about:
Will Jeremie have to worry about Yumi and take care of her like if he was her "brother"?

Back on the topic, my apologies to Sharon and everybody else for butting in this way.

jerlita, I'm Agent_Marquez. Pleased to meet you.

Question: Do you know why Aelita's clothes changed from Season 1 to Season 2?

oh, my apologies, it was! n.ñ thanks for re-writing correctly my question
it's because i'm a little oxidous at english
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Demonkiller » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:14 am

Nice to meet you, Ms. Mann.

I have two questions, is it hard to turn your voice into Jeremies, and do you know the correct way to spell scyphazoa?

Once again, it's very nice to meet you. :hello: Jeremie is my second favorate character.

Pending, Please wait…
Demonkiller offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext