Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

Sharon Mann, AKA Jeremie and Aelita

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Sharon Mann, AKA Jeremie and Aelita

Postby Star Way » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:18 pm

The original thread for Ms. Mann was deleted due to spam. This one will be unlocked if/when she comes. :)
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby TL. » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:21 pm

Which she has! Yay to VAs!
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Taelia » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:24 pm

Okay...introduction!

Hey, Sharon! My name's Angie! But you can call me either Angie or Taelia. I'm a HUGE JxA fan, and I love Jeremie's new voice and Aelita's human look.

Questions!: Do YOU support JeremiexAelita?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odd675 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:24 pm

yeah..Finally i can meet him n_n!
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Darkborn » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:26 pm

Odd675 wrote:yeah..Finally i can meet him n_n!

You mean "her" right?
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odd675 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:33 pm

Darkborn wrote:
Odd675 wrote:yeah..Finally i can meet him n_n!

You mean "her" right?

Ohh! my bad! n.ñ it was! you're right!
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Virus_Xana » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:37 pm

Hey sharon, I was wondering is it hard to do a girls and boys voice since you're a girl. I was just wondering since you play both jeremie and Aelita.
She is the one named Sailor Moon,
She is the one named Sailor Moon,
She is the one, Sailor Moon!
Virus_Xana offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Ulrich Stern. » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:43 pm

I'm sorry I don't know if it's Ms. or Mrs., but welcome to LyokoFreak. :hello: It's a real pleasure to have you here. :)

I guess my first question would be... Is Mrs. Hertz also voiced by you?

Ulrich Stern. offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:56 pm

Actually, Jodi does Mrs. Suzanne Hertz's voice.

Welcome to Lyoko Freak, Sharon!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:46 pm

As I said in the intro thread thanks to you and the other VAs for honouring us like this.

And as my first question - all the others sing your praises about how you can switch instantly between Jeremie and Aelita and record most of their dialogue in a single take - how exactly do you do it?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skorpigeist » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:28 pm

I must say that in Code Lyoko, Jeremie is my favorite character followed by Aelita.
I would also like to say that many thanks in advance for answering our questions and making us feel more connected to the show. Now a few questions

1.Between Jeremie and Aelita, who is the hardest to play?
2.How did you first get into voice acting?
3.What would you say to anyone interested in voice acting
4. and do you ever feel akward having a conversation with yourself playing the two characters?
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby YDV » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:33 pm

I absolutely adore your work as Jeremie and Aelita. I wouldn't be too happy if they had any other voice.

Anyway, my questions pretty much mirror everyone else's, for the moment... (I hope this doesn't seem like too much ^^; )
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby jerlita » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:45 pm

Thanks for your great welcome, all.

I don't know what you mean, Taelia, by Jeremy's new voice... has the voice changed?!

As for who is harder to play, I don't really think of it that way. I love them both, love that they are couple and the challenge of playing opposite myself, especially when they get lovey-dovey or one of them is in trouble.. But to answer, I'd say Jeremy is harder. He is also the character I prefer because though he's wiz with the supercomputer, he's sweet with Aelita and a good pal to the gang.

I first got into voice acting through David Gasman and another friend of ours who has moved back to the States, Karen Strassman. David directed me in a play (he was a great director by the way) and he and Karen invited me to come and watch them dub and after a while I was given the chance to audition and learn the technique of dubbing as its practiced in France.

As to how to get into voice work, I can only speak for what happened for me and others I know. Sometimes it takes someone taking you under their wing, introducing you to the people who make decisions and then it's how well you can bring life to a character within the confines of the technique, meaning you have to be synch with the mouth movements and expressions. So much of the work world and progessing in it is about being a professional (being on time, for example) and also how much other people want to spend time with you. It may sound superficial but when you are locked up (no, not literally) in a small dark studio for several hours, you want the folks with you to be pleasant, funny is always plus and well I guess not having b.o. helps too. (joke)
It's important too to be able to take direction and criticism and change the way you read a line if it's no working to make it work. But that is acting.

As far as the single take thing goes, it depends on how close the lines are to each other. Sometimes I can't turn on a dime and still stay synch and other times both characters speak in the same scene but are not in the same kind of space (Jeremy in the lab and Aelita on Lyoko, for example) and so technically those lines need to be recorded on 2 different microphones (one with an indoor ambiance/ one with an outdoor ambiance). It is kind of cool when I get it right and flip from one to the next, as it saves time and also is like doing gymnastics (of the tongue and the brain). David is great with going back and forth between two characters, he doesn't have much chance to do it with CL but does on other series we've done. He's also one of those people I was mentioning that you don't mind being locked in room with cause he's such a card (funny guy)! Matthew sometimes says stuff when we are tired like 'OK, let's stay in the fun zone' so that we don't get cranky.

Hope I've answered these fully. If not, ask again or more or whatever. It's coming up on dinnertime here and tonight it's tacos!!! :D

See you next time, Jerlita
jerlita offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Vora Lyoko » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:09 pm

Finally! Uh huh *coughs* That asnwered all of my questions! Ooo did you say taco's? I LOVE TACOS!!! <3 :iloveu3:

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Hyuga

Postby Julies » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:10 pm

Hey is Mirabelle Kirkland is she at Home :)

Julies offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Taelia » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:13 pm

Yes, it changed to a low voice. Haven't you noticed? :)

And do you read CL fics? ...*cringes* Don't hurt me!
Last edited by Taelia on Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:13 pm

Huh?

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:24 pm

Another question I have for you, Sharon, is this: What are your thoughts on Jeremie gaining a virtual form on Lyoko and protecting her on the scene?

Have fun eating tacos. I can see it now...
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:49 pm

Thanks for the reply Sharon - this confirms what the other guys say about how good a time you all seem to have.

And you've put me in the mood for Tex-Mex now! ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:06 pm

I can see it now. Jeremie stuffing his face full of tacos and burritos while Aelita watches and Odd thinks "And she says I'M a big glutton."
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:20 pm

Guys, try not to make much spam with the taco subject on Sharon's thread... is it quite disrespectful.

Stepping aside from that, I would like to tell Sharon that she made the right choice into arriving to Lyoko Freak. And enjoy the forum as much as you can.

Question: By seeing the sacrifice made by Franz Hopper on <i>The Key</i> and pointing out that there's a possibility of bringing Franz back to the real world.... could you possibly expect for Franz Hopper, Aelita Hopper or Jeremie Belpois to die on the very final episode of CL, in a matter of sacrifice?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby TL. » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:30 pm

I know by what you mean by David being funny behind the mic. On the extras of the videogame: ‘Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy’, which had you and David as the leads, it shows David going pure wild in the recording booth. Great stuff! :D
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Stephen (x1) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Taelia wrote:And do you read CL fics? ...*cringes* Don't hurt me!

*clears throat in a menacing manner*

Hey Sharon, do you enjoy playing Aelita or Jeremy better?
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skorpigeist » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:20 pm

Wow, thank you for answering all of the questions that I had. other than the questions above me I have to ask, how much different is doing a voice acting job in France different than here? Are there any characters besides yours that you are fond of? without giving a dollar/euro amount, are you paid per episode to voice or are you paid per season.

And another quick question involving Jeremie and Aelita, Do you see more of your own personality in Jeremie or Aelita, or have they become characters very seperate from you.

P.S there were several instances in season 1 where jeremie's voice would change noticeably from episode to episode, but season 2 was rock solid and not much different at all :)
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Vora Lyoko » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Skorpigeist wrote:
P.S there were several instances in season 1 where jeremie's voice would change noticeably from episode to episode, but season 2 was rock solid and not much different at all :)

Yea like in "Log Book" He sounded like a ChickMunk on helium. (Don't kill me either!!!!! Just my thought......)

But you do a great job VA-ing those two. I knew their was a connection between them. Besides the Love connection. :nyeh!: Overall I love your voice acting abilities!!!!! :) :)

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Next