Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

Sharon Mann, AKA Jeremie and Aelita

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby MY85 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:26 pm

It's been a good while since Sharon has posted in these forums. It's almost a waste of time posting here because she won't be replying anytime soon. :santa2:

And I have yet to play Indigo Prophecy.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby zex marquise » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:13 pm

Dude! Best adventure game not-made-by-Lucasarts! Go play it right now.

[quote="Taelia"]I really like Aelita's new "teched-up angel" outfit, Sharon. But I wanna see Jeremie on Lyoko! *exasperated groan*

Also, I like your performance in Indigo Prophecy.

Whoa! That was Sharon? I thought she sounded like Aelita. So cooool.
Last edited by zex marquise on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:14 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:It's been a good while since Sharon has posted in these forums. It's almost a waste of time posting here because she won't be replying anytime soon. :santa2:

And I have yet to play Indigo Prophecy.

Rodri, they're free to ask questions if they want too. Kindly don't discourage them from doing that unless they're asking inappropriate questions. Thank you.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby zex marquise » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:05 pm

I don't really mind if they don't respond any time soon. All important questions will probably be answered in the interview, anyways, once the Teebs gets around to finishing it. "...in the timely manner you've come to expect from us." lol.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:29 pm

First off, I must say that I am big fan of your work (standard greeting), and I do want to play Indigo Prophecy but I've never got around to it... and I most likely won't any time soon. Anyway, my question is that why has Jeremie's voice changed so many times? It changed gradually through season 1, from high to low, and I think some time in season 2, and then got drastically higher in Season 3. I thought puberty made your voice deeper. But, I digress. My questions: Why has Jeremie's voice changed so many times, and was it your decision or the director's/producer's/whomever's decision? Feel free to respond whenever you can. I can wait...

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby matsumo itsu » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:30 pm

hey sharon, i havent seen any new episodes but i bet there the best, your a great great actor to be able to play a boy and girl just fine,

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Aelita1357 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:23 am

jerlita wrote:Thanks for your great welcome, all.

I don't know what you mean, Taelia, by Jeremy's new voice... has the voice changed?!

As for who is harder to play, I don't really think of it that way. I love them both, love that they are couple and the challenge of playing opposite myself, especially when they get lovey-dovey or one of them is in trouble.. But to answer, I'd say Jeremy is harder. He is also the character I prefer because though he's wiz with the supercomputer, he's sweet with Aelita and a good pal to the gang.

I first got into voice acting through David Gasman and another friend of ours who has moved back to the States, Karen Strassman. David directed me in a play (he was a great director by the way) and he and Karen invited me to come and watch them dub and after a while I was given the chance to audition and learn the technique of dubbing as its practiced in France.

As to how to get into voice work, I can only speak for what happened for me and others I know. Sometimes it takes someone taking you under their wing, introducing you to the people who make decisions and then it's how well you can bring life to a character within the confines of the technique, meaning you have to be synch with the mouth movements and expressions. So much of the work world and progessing in it is about being a professional (being on time, for example) and also how much other people want to spend time with you. It may sound superficial but when you are locked up (no, not literally) in a small dark studio for several hours, you want the folks with you to be pleasant, funny is always plus and well I guess not having b.o. helps too. (joke)
It's important too to be able to take direction and criticism and change the way you read a line if it's no working to make it work. But that is acting.

As far as the single take thing goes, it depends on how close the lines are to each other. Sometimes I can't turn on a dime and still stay synch and other times both characters speak in the same scene but are not in the same kind of space (Jeremy in the lab and Aelita on Lyoko, for example) and so technically those lines need to be recorded on 2 different microphones (one with an indoor ambiance/ one with an outdoor ambiance). It is kind of cool when I get it right and flip from one to the next, as it saves time and also is like doing gymnastics (of the tongue and the brain). David is great with going back and forth between two characters, he doesn't have much chance to do it with CL but does on other series we've done. He's also one of those people I was mentioning that you don't mind being locked in room with cause he's such a card (funny guy)! Matthew sometimes says stuff when we are tired like 'OK, let's stay in the fun zone' so that we don't get cranky.

Hope I've answered these fully. If not, ask again or more or whatever. It's coming up on dinnertime here and tonight it's tacos!!! :D

See you next time, Jerlita
I miss the old Jeremy you uste to able to tell his voice fom Aelita's now you can't but it must be harde to both... ;) Anyway I am a big fan of both :kissing: Aelita & Jeremy forever :kissing: :kissing:
Amber Henley

Aelita1357 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:34 am

Aelita1357 wrote:I miss the old Jeremy you uste to able to tell his voice fom Aelita's now you can't but it must be harde to both... ;) Anyway I am a big fan of both :kissing: Aelita & Jeremy forever :kissing: :kissing:

Hi there, Aelita1357. ^^ Since you seem to be new here, why don't you make yourself an introduction thread in the Newbie forum so that we can get to know you better? :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Malkmusian » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:11 am

Do good, Sharon.
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:22 pm

Aelita1357 wrote: I miss the old Jeremy you uste to able to tell his voice fom Aelita's now you can't but it must be harde to both... ;) Anyway I am a big fan of both :kissing: Aelita & Jeremy forever :kissing: :kissing:

really? I thought the voice was fine in Season 1, bad in Season 2 (most likely puberty :P) And good and distinguishable from Aelita's in S3 & S4. :D
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Brava, brava! Encore, encore!

Postby Taelia » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:53 pm

Wow, Sharon! You did a MORPHENOMINAL job in "Distant Memory", especially with Aelita! Though I do have to admit also, y'all do a great job with speedtalkin'! ;)

Keep up the good work! VIVA LA CODE LYOKO!!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Thanks for the messages

Postby jerlita » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:19 pm

Hi Kite444 and thanks for your messages. I love Jeremy and Aelita too! This series is so fun to do and to watch. After reading Taelia's post about #82 Distant Memory I went and looked at part of it online and was really into it. I like how the friendships have developed over the years and all the humor the writers put in!
Hope everyone is doing well. A bientot! Jerlita :hello:
jerlita offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:39 pm

I loved how you did Aelita resisting her "father", Sharon. And I LOVED the convo between Jeremie and his dad. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Son-Neko » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:50 am

Okay, I don't know if you are actually going to see this Sharon, but I wanted to tell you that you rock! And you voice my two fav characters of the show! It also amazes me that you can have a conversation between the two voices in real-time when you are recording lines. That is all thanks for your time.
Son-Neko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Malkmusian » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:58 pm

Sharon, you are amazing. You voice my favorite character, Aelita, and you can switch between two voices.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

What happens now?

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:35 pm

Now that the finale has aired in France, Sharon, what happens now? :(
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

What now?

Postby jerlita » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:20 am

Hi Taelia,
After the end of the season 4? I don't know. I imagine there could be specials but we have no definite information.
Thanks to all Lyoko Freaks for your support and encouragement! I loved working on this series and it was extra special to get feedback from viewers..
Until next, take care,
Jerlita
jerlita offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:00 am

Yeah, I could be being negative too soon.

BUT, according to CL.com, they say that you guys are keeping your jobs and having a fifth season being recorded.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby RySenkari » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:26 pm

Whether or not there's a fifth season, you've done an absolutely outstanding job, Sharon! I love Jeremy and Aelita's voices and it's amazing that you do them both so well. Aelita in particular is just beautiful.
RySenkari offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:28 pm

I agree. Aelita has an angelic voice. I like Jeremie a lot too.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby FènéethxAelita » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:24 am

I watched the show from the begining and still find your ability amazing. If it wasn't for Jeremy and Aelita, I would have never watched the show so long. Please demand a fifth season, PLEASE!
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby Taelia » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:00 am

Hope you guys have a good Noel this year, Sharon. :) :santa2: :angel12: :reindeer:

I know I will, I have my Christmas list planned out and everything.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:51 pm

Happy Christmas, Sharon and all of you!
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby sentai » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:41 am

jerlita wrote:Thanks for your great welcome, all.

I don't know what you mean, Taelia, by Jeremy's new voice... has the voice changed?!

As for who is harder to play, I don't really think of it that way. I love them both, love that they are couple and the challenge of playing opposite myself, especially when they get lovey-dovey or one of them is in trouble.. But to answer, I'd say Jeremy is harder. He is also the character I prefer because though he's wiz with the supercomputer, he's sweet with Aelita and a good pal to the gang.

I first got into voice acting through David Gasman and another friend of ours who has moved back to the States, Karen Strassman. David directed me in a play (he was a great director by the way) and he and Karen invited me to come and watch them dub and after a while I was given the chance to audition and learn the technique of dubbing as its practiced in France.

As to how to get into voice work, I can only speak for what happened for me and others I know. Sometimes it takes someone taking you under their wing, introducing you to the people who make decisions and then it's how well you can bring life to a character within the confines of the technique, meaning you have to be synch with the mouth movements and expressions. So much of the work world and progessing in it is about being a professional (being on time, for example) and also how much other people want to spend time with you. It may sound superficial but when you are locked up (no, not literally) in a small dark studio for several hours, you want the folks with you to be pleasant, funny is always plus and well I guess not having b.o. helps too. (joke)
It's important too to be able to take direction and criticism and change the way you read a line if it's no working to make it work. But that is acting.

As far as the single take thing goes, it depends on how close the lines are to each other. Sometimes I can't turn on a dime and still stay synch and other times both characters speak in the same scene but are not in the same kind of space (Jeremy in the lab and Aelita on Lyoko, for example) and so technically those lines need to be recorded on 2 different microphones (one with an indoor ambiance/ one with an outdoor ambiance). It is kind of cool when I get it right and flip from one to the next, as it saves time and also is like doing gymnastics (of the tongue and the brain). David is great with going back and forth between two characters, he doesn't have much chance to do it with CL but does on other series we've done. He's also one of those people I was mentioning that you don't mind being locked in room with cause he's such a card (funny guy)! Matthew sometimes says stuff when we are tired like 'OK, let's stay in the fun zone' so that we don't get cranky.

Hope I've answered these fully. If not, ask again or more or whatever. It's coming up on dinnertime here and tonight it's tacos!!! :D

See you next time, Jerlita
how do you feel now that Code Lyoko will be gone
sentai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby jerlita » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:46 pm

With the end of season 4, I still have faith that there may be some specials. I would miss not having more to do with Jeremy and Aelita and the gang!
Happy holidays to all, the month is full of festivities.
jerlita offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

PreviousNext