Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Overwhelming anxiety

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Overwhelming anxiety

Postby Carth » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:51 pm

So...I'm a bit of a mess. Even if just posting in Rant again already makes me feel a little better. :)

Basically, I can't stop worrying about things and need constant reassurance that I'm fine/ people don't think I'm weird/my friends love me, which I in turn worry about because i must seem annoying, which just starts the cycle over again. I have fits of jealousy, I invent conspiracies against myself that could never hope to happen, my self-esteem's in the toilet despite how awesome I am...I just...I feel like if i were as awesome as everyone says, I would feel it, all the time. That the very fact that I am this anxious, that I have lost friends and that I am so different, means I really do suck.

I've tried everything. I know every truth I possibly could but the feelings return and I find myself saying the same anxiety-fueled untruths over and over. I don't know how to stop. Should I just need this constant reassurance? Or cease to care? Or...I don't know. It's getting in the way of everything I want to do and be. I can't take it anymore.
Carth offline

Re: Overwhelming anxiety

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Carth, as I've told you via Tumblr and text, there's nothing wrong with you. However, I know that at your university, there are trained professionals who know what exactly is going on with you, and have almost certainly seen this exact thing happen before with other people. What I want you to do is to go and talk with them, and tell them about your problems. They can help.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:51 pm

I have tried before, but the time could be ripe for another attempt. Their office is probably closed now, but I'll call when I can. :)
Carth offline

Postby TheLQ » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:35 pm

I honestly take the chill stoner approach to life: It doesn't matter what others think. All that happens when you constantly worry what others think is you turn into an emotional wreck.

When you stop worrying all the time you'll find that life is more positive, a little more care free, and better IMHO
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby LyokoMan95 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Taking LQ's point and adding my experience...
The difference between 'friends' and real friends is even if you get on their nerves your real friends stick by you when you need them.
And it seems like your friends offline are with you (and don't forget all of us)
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Soul Jelly » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Ah, I know this feel. Anxiety sucks and one of the most infuriating bits is that it knows no logic; you can know everything's fine and you're cool and etc., but the worry, doubt, what have you, can be super overwhelming. First thing, know that you're not alone and tons of people go through this and it can be treated.

Talking helps. Guidance counsellors, therapists, university people who do that kind of thing, etc. They can teach you useful coping techniques on how to manage your thoughts and any physical symptoms. Good luck to you. :)
Soul Jelly offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Keith Fordson Jr. » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 pm

You must find peace of mind through meditation, but it requires dedication and patience as well. Focus on your heart, breathe... concentrate. Whatever evil that lies within must be eliminated, so then the good will prevail and so you'll be able to revitalize your very self. You'll accept your inner nature, and thus, feel better about who you are, not being afraid of people or what they may think about you.

You're one soul, one being - bring safety to this little being and make it feel comfortable, guard it with your heart and the shadows will turn to light.
Keith Fordson Jr. offline
New Kid
New Kid