Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

"The customer is always right?"

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

"The customer is always right?"

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:55 am

Whoever invented that phrase was an idiot. The customer is NOT always right. That phrase has done nothing but give justification for people to be jerks to their servers because they forgot to get their side of hash browns or something. I remember being in a Texas Roadhouse one time, a guy freaked because his waitress forgot to give him fries or something with his steak, and he actually called the manager over to complain. The manager apologized profusely and said he wouldn't have to pay for them, even though the waitress came back in about 30 seconds with his fries. Sheesh. I hope that one day, when some moron is whining to the manager about how his server didn't get a small part of his order right, the manager says "Look, they're human and make mistakes like everyone else. If you don't like it, you can leave right now."
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Is the customer paying for whatever services/goods are being provided? Then he has the power of the purse. He can take his business elsewhere.

Does this give the customer a license to be a chuckleduck? NO. :I

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:22 am

If I ruled the world, every person would be required to spend at least one year in customer service in the hopes that they'd be less of a jerk to their servers in the future.

...Probably wouldn't work knowing your average human and their ability to be a jerk but enh...
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TheLQ » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:59 pm

The threat of "I'll take my business elsewhere" only works when the company is tiny. I really think wallmart would just laugh if you threatened with that. Oh noes, they've gone from 2,500,000,000 customers to 2,499,999,999.

As for if the customer is always right, its meant to make you treat the customer nice and not be a dick all the time. While that doesn't apply in this situation, in most it does
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby jym1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:50 pm

I agree with mewberries. People are way nicer once they lose the mentality of "well, it's his job so it's ok to be a jerk"
I think people should also spend time as a janitor. I did it part time for over a year, and suffice to say I clean up after myself way more now
you've heard of LF,CLF, and probably even TL...but have you seen CLV?
jym1 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Saphire-089 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:37 pm

Try vistiting notalwaysright.com it has a bunch of stories that make me feel better after a bad day at work. :)
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby xiaozanghou » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:46 am

Another good site it Customers Suck. The forums are a good read when you're feeling particularly consumer-loathing.
╭☆★☆
http://cl-evolved.com/
╰★☆★
xiaozanghou offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: they asked me where i planned to go then i pointed at the stars and said i haven't really chose