Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

First Accident

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

First Accident

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Fri May 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Hey everyone, yeah its me Virtual Princess dropping in to say hi. Well for my rant I was in my first real car accident just three weeks ago, and I am still living with the injuries.
My boyfriend and I were driving up to see his parents on the friday before Easter. Well two hours into the six hour ride we pulled off of 81 to get gas, we stopped at a stop sign then started pulling through it. What my boyfriend didn't see is the car coming around the bend. I didn't see it either because it was a cloudy day and it was a black car against the dark trees. Anyway the car hit the front part of my car the passanger side of my side of the car. Both cars were totaled. I am still very sad about my car. Even though I have a replacement its not the same. I miss my old car alot. Well after the crash I had my first ambulance ride. I have ranted before of how much I hate hospitals, but Geisinger Health wasn't so bad really friendly janitor came and told us jokes. They took Xrays of my chest because they were worried that my ribs were busted. Let me tell you, the ribs are not busted just very very bruised. Apparently ribs take forever to heal. It hurts to laugh, breathe, sneeze, hiccup, and move. Even now I am still dealing with the side effects they still ache and its been over three weeks since that damned car accident happened. Also we think my hand might be fractured or the bone bruised, because there is a large bump on my right hand and it still hurts to put weight on it. Does anyone know what could be wrong.

I still have bad dreams about the ordeal. I am so sick and tired of being broken. I want everything to go back to normal. I miss my old car, the new one is newer and has some features but it is noisy and I am gonna have to put money into it. Its not as cozy as my old one. I am still upset and dealing with it.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Or words of comfort?
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby Tekirai » Sat May 14, 2011 7:23 am

Hey they're expensive, but cars can be replaced. You can't! People can die in accidents like those, you're actually really lucky. 8(

Bruised ribs do hurt quite a lot, my mum had that happen to her when she fell once. They do take a long time to heal, so you'll probably have to soldier on until they get better. Don't think there's anything else you can do about that.

Everything probably seems really crappy right now but they'll get better! Thing's stop being broken if you let time pass. Life needs its downs otherwise you don't have any ups. 8) I'm just glad you're pretty much okay. It doesn't sound like your injuries are very serious.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Sat May 14, 2011 9:51 pm

Yeah they are not serious, my uncle says my hand will take a couple of months to heal. The hand is a possible fracture or a bruised bone. Its sore but I can live with that. I am still extremely paranoid about driving with people I noticed it tonight riding home from my grandparents. My bruised ribs are still slightly sore but I can function.

Thanks Teriaki.
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Sat May 14, 2011 11:02 pm

Oh my gosh! Are you and your boyfriend okay? well I know you are up and moving around some but what about the boyfriend? I will be praying for both of you, very glad you made it in one piece, those are the accidents that people die from! Glad you are still alive and my prayers go out to you, your boyfriend, and even your families.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Sat May 14, 2011 11:09 pm

My boyfriend the BBof C is fine his knee was bruisied but not badly, he actually made it out better then I did. As for up and moving around yes we are both alright. I am just badly shaken. It was really scary. Looking back I don't remember it in detail. Some times I have nightmares about it. Only two or three of them but they still freak me out. My boyfriend has been a godsend, he waited on me hand and foot, he is extremely sorry that it happened. Accidents happen but he felt really bad. He has been my rock through the whole ordeal.
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Sat May 14, 2011 11:19 pm

Wow glad to hear you are both okay. It is good to hear that your boyfriend is being good to you and helping you out during this rough time, is the Lord also helping? (if that question is overstepping the boundary just ignore it.)

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Sat May 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Its safe I am catholic by religon, though non denominational christian at the moment. My boyfriend did say a prayer with me in the hospital when we were there. I despise hospitals, they scare the ever living snot out of me. The prayer helped to calm my nerves abit but not much. We did go to easter mass which helped too, though I was in pain from all the sitting and standing the traditional roman catholic church does. God I think has helped me. I think it has helped knowing there was someone there looking out for me.
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun May 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Holy crap, VC, you're lucky to have made it out of that ordeal alive. The car isn't as big a deal as the fact that you're still alive; even though you might not like the new one, a car can be replaced. Humans, not so much. I'll be supporting you through prayer.

The thing about your right hand might be a break, but I'm not a physiology expert so I can't say for sure. Either way, you might want to ask a doctor about it.

Hope you feel better
TAF
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Mon May 16, 2011 12:02 am

Thanks TFA. My hand is possibly fractured and still rather sore. Other then that I am still dealing with the emotional aftershock out of the whole ordea. It is amazing to me when things are at their worst people come together to help each other. We had people pulling over to stop traffic. A truck driver came and tried to calm me down, he gave me a hug and I was so tramatized I left a big wet spot on his shirt. I was sobbing and really incoherent, saying my side hurt. I was not my logical and reasonable self. People called and reported the accident for us. It wasn't until the paramedics got me into the ambulance and had me strip to my cami that I started to be some what coherent. They and my dad brought some order to the madness. They were asking questions and like normal I was answering questions automatically and spelling stuff correctly. But when it came to the decision of going to the hospital, I was incapable of making the decision. The Paramedics could not make it for me and my boyfriend made it.

If there was any doubt in my mind that God was not real before it is gone. Both cars were totaled, but no one was hurt. It was two days before Easter. What also amazes me is that I could have been hurt a whole lot worse then I was. I know that God was watching over us. I am greatful for still being alive. This could have been tragedy but he was there every step of the way. Now though I am extremely jumpy when it comes to driving, I am probably going to be paranoid for a while. But things are slowly going back to normal.
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:32 pm

OMG!! Are you okay now?! Jeez! I hope you're alright. O.o I shall pray for you to every angel, saint, god or goddess listening, k'?
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:40 am

:cussout: That's got t hurt the pay check for year. Look at the bight side of life .at least you didn't hit the back of a :cussout: :cussout: :cussout: lorrry in the middle of the gulf derset lol in Oman. hope you getting well like .and remember it not your or your boyfriends fault. :cussout: happens. it's sobs law.

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter