Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 pm

A world Without fear

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

A world Without fear

Postby optimus304 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:57 am

in 2005 i worked 12 hour shifts at a factory. I worked in a part where thier was no heat, and frost would build on the machines. I was going to college and facing finacial debt. i was at the bottom of the barrel. then i noticed a show with some kids with big heads. yes i scoffed at it at first. but soon i enjoyed it. and it made me feel....Alive. Im not sure how to put this but i would get past the long cold nights of loud machinery and hard concrete adding pressure to my feet by thinking of that show. In the Summer of 2007 i learned of a fanbase. and soon after joined it. First tech links. then Lyoko Geniuses. and then here. lyoko freak.

I owe the show so much. it gave me hope. it made me feel better. and it gave me my girlfriend to which i love with all my heart. But sadly all good things must come to a end.

Effective immediatly I resign from this website.

I have enjoyed my time here. perhaps one day i might return. perhaps not. But one thing is clear. The show taught us we must live in a world without fear. In the community all i see is a world of anarchy and chaos. Emotions continue to run wild. members blackmailing thier own forums such as techlinks case or Lyoko Geniuses. And a dwindling fanbase. but perhaps the reason we continue to lose fans is not because of not the lack of CL stuff, But the Egos of others that drive people away.

I dont post this to fill my own ego. i post it as a warning. If this continuous spree of Words and names continue as they do then thier will no longer be a fanbase. just a pack of savage people growling and nawing at each other. And perhaps the immaturity of the fan base is what is causing Moonscoop to stay away from us.

i wish to personally thank each and every one of you at this time. i hope you dont take this post as a person just posting to fill thier ego. but as a warning that we all love the same thing. we are all here because of our love for Code Lyoko. But it is our emotions, our ego, our persona's that have corrupted, Mutilated a once proud and mighty fanbase. It is my hopes that one day the Coddies fanbase will return to the name we once had. and thier is nothing more that i would like to see then to see that come true.

Thank you for a wonderful 3 years.

Optimus304
TylerDewitt
2/1/10
been thier, destroyed that, saved them,
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TB3 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:35 am

Yo Op - my advice is this - don't resign, because that just contributes to the anarchical collapse you describe

As for the reality of such an anarchist degeneration - I disagree. 2010 is probably going to be the year that CL gets back on its feet, and activity in the fandom will rise proportionally. We'll need dedicated posters then to keep the peace :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby optimus304 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:11 am

TB3 wrote:Yo Op - my advice is this - don't resign, because that just contributes to the anarchical collapse you describe

As for the reality of such an anarchist degeneration - I disagree. 2010 is probably going to be the year that CL gets back on its feet, and activity in the fandom will rise proportionally. We'll need dedicated posters then to keep the peace :)

After a long thinking process. And a break up from my girlfriend. i have decided that tb3 is right. even if this fanbase is full of anarchy and dibachery. I just cant turn my back on it. when the going gets tough you dont just leave. you load your gun and brace for hell. so effective immediatly i am returning to this site.

thanks tb3.

But prime beats megs any day :)
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:50 pm

TB3 wrote:Yo Op - my advice is this - don't resign, because that just contributes to the anarchical collapse you describe

Outside of the Fanslation, how is it going to grow? CL is pretty much dead in my eyes and this forum is more of a hangout that CL talk.

-----

And optimus304, remember this: Humans are destructive people. We all try and make the biggest boom, the loudest entrance and exit; we don't want to take out a leader of a rouge country, we want to destroy it. It is in our nature.

And its only a few people that growl at eachother, but that is not the entire CL fanbase. No matter what group of people you are talking about, there is always going to be an anarchist, someone who wants to stir trouble. There is nothing one can do about it. But the mods here have done a pretty good job of keeping them out.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby optimus304 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:

Outside of the Fanslation, how is it going to grow? CL is pretty much dead in my eyes and this forum is more of a hangout that CL talk.

-----

And optimus304, remember this: Humans are destructive people. We all try and make the biggest boom, the loudest entrance and exit; we don't want to take out a leader of a rouge country, we want to destroy it. It is in our nature.

And its only a few people that growl at eachother, but that is not the entire CL fanbase. No matter what group of people you are talking about, there is always going to be an anarchist, someone who wants to stir trouble. There is nothing one can do about it. But the mods here have done a pretty good job of keeping them out.

On this website yes i agree they have done a excellent job keeping them out. as for other websites though its a diffrent story.

As far as CL goes. Startrek went from 1966 to 1979 before it became the powerful force it was today. granted during the 60's they had thier moments but once it came back for the movie is truley when its empire arrived... some things need time. Moonscoop is after all a tiny company.
optimus304 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid