Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am

a loss of yet another friend

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

a loss of yet another friend

Postby Arcangel613 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:21 pm

a little less than a year ago, the Chambersburg area senior high school color day was put in a sudden stand still when we all learn that our 2010 classmate Sarah Hurley, who had been in a coma for the past few day after she and her boyfriend were in a car accident, had died. As a class we were rallied together by a girl named Kacy Straub and we won the color day cup, all for Sarah.

Friday, after the chambersburg Trojan's football game Kacy Straub was driving home when she lost control of her car a crashed into a tree. she was flown to the hospital and prononced dead on satuday. She was my classmate and a good friend.

I didn't recieve the news until Sunday Morning and it hit me hard. I went to bed Sunday night not even wanting to go to school but in the end I'm glad I did. Everyone was dressed to orange, lime green, and red(Colors for Kacy). the new gym was closed off to classes and students were encouraged to go down and spend the entire day if they needed to. I held out til about seventh period, and then spent activities period til the end of the day down there talking, singing, crying, and praying with everyone else. it felt good and my friends were right when they told me it'd help alot, and it did.

so sorry if this seems kinda ranty. I just have alot to get off my chest. they haven't said when the funeral is yet but I plan on going. it's still a little hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that she's gone. Kacy was a great person and never did anything wrong and so it just doesn't seem fair for her to have died. I had hoped that after Sarah died we wouldn't have to face anymore sorrow like this. it pains me to know i was wrong.
Last edited by Arcangel613 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby Rail Runner » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:58 pm

I know how you feel, Ive lost a few good friends in my lifetime as well, but remember one thing, she is in a better place now. Ok, well, two things, the pain will go away. Focus on the good times that you and Kacy shared. If you need anything, we are here.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Acceptance is all you need. I know its hard to go through something like this, but just try and accept it.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Arcangel613 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:32 pm

last thursday they had a huge memorial service at the school after her funeral(her parents wanted a privite burial). over a thousand people showed up and it was a beautiful service. the entire golf team came out(she was the captain) and, one at a time, put her golf clubs into her golf bag. the emotion displayed by that simple little act was enough to make me start crying and then when the preacher asked us all to stand and he quoted her last facebook post(in which she typed that we should love this life and never live a moment in sadness) then I started bawling. my friends were sitting around me and were crying too, my one friend glenn saw how hard i was crying and put his arms around me and held me while i cried, I was so thankful to him for that, it helped me get through the rest of the service.

The pain is starting to go away as I am finally coming to terms with this. though there is still that small part of me in the back of my head that just can't accept that something like that could happen to someone who spent her whole life helping others.

this saturday we're having a huge bonfire for her. and next wednesday there will be a fund raiser set up by the students that is being held at the links. all the money we make we is going to be used to buy two plaques that will be put up in the school. one for sarah and one for kacy. our way to insure that even after we're gone, they will never be forgotten.
Formerly Raven_613

Tekirai wrote:69% of the population thinks sexual innuendo is funny

I saw you smiling.

Arcangel613 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: New Azarath...what, you don't read the comics? the old azarath was destroyed ages ago. Darn Trigon.

Postby Dark William » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:57 am

I know how you feel, if you lose a person you really loved, even though it was family for me, Im sure of it, that it feels to same as with friends.
But remember one thing, Sarah and Kacy aren't really gone, even that you can't see them,
they are still with you. In your heart, in your thoughts.
Keep close to your dearest memories, and im sure that you need to pass on.
Do not get stuck in the past, nvr will.
They do not want that you only suffer. :patpat:
It is okay, to cry and feel sad for awhile, but don't be all the time.
Hope I helped a bit. ;)

Dark William offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid