Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 am

Stupid Pre-AP AP Classes!

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Stupid Pre-AP AP Classes!

Postby mcrlvr394 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:34 pm

Ugh! I'm so tired of Pre-AP/AP chemistry. I'm only a sophmore but my Honor's Biology teacher signed me up for it Freshman year. I honestly can't do it! It's been like what 3 weeks, and already I'm failing with a 58. I got 4 answers out of 25 right on my last test. It juist doesn't click. I'm wondering if I should just tough it out and deal, or change my schedule because I still have 2 years to build up college credit.

And on top of it all, I was supposed 2 go for tutoring tuesday morning but I got my phone taken up so now I've got detention. So I'll have to reshedule.

And on top of that my father's in the hospital and can't come home for another week after already being in there for a week! I'm just too stressed out!

Please help me figure out what to do!!
RIP Bobo

lovelikewoe

~formerly known as yumi_713~
mcrlvr394 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Rho » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I don't know how it works at your school, but if it's the way I think it is, then request to see your counselor and request that they change that class. It may or may not take a while, depending on how efficient your school is. (It took mine over two weeks just to switch me from French 1, which I had been put in by mistake, into French 2.)
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:42 pm

At least at my school, you can drop down a level from AP to honors/advanced. Its not that hard. Just remember that you cannot come backup.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

You on?

Postby mcrlvr394 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Well problem is, school's been in for like two months almost so It's too late to change classes now. Ugh! Idk what to do!!
RIP Bobo

lovelikewoe

mcrlvr394 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby . » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:12 pm

That's bullsh*t Sir, you go in and demand that you get changed. They'll try to talk you out of it, but if it's what you really want.

Honestly the fact that your in honors anything makes you seem pretty smart to me. are you sure your just not applying yourself?
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mcrlvr394 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Well i am applying myself but i didn't sign up for AP. I only signed up for honors. I'm not in college! There's no need for me to take college courses my sophmore year. Ugh! So frustrating! Any ideas as to what i can do to get through the class?!
RIP Bobo

lovelikewoe

mcrlvr394 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby . » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:14 am

Yumi_713 wrote:Well i am applying myself but i didn't sign up for AP. I only signed up for honors. I'm not in college! There's no need for me to take college courses my sophmore year. Ugh! So frustrating! Any ideas as to what i can do to get through the class?!

Recopying notes into a new notebook helps retain information. Time consuming, but honestly it works. The silver lining is that your getting college credit for relatively free (and if not, very very very cheap.) I wish I had paid the extra couple hundred to take what few courses I did take as college courses but ahhh.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: You on?

Postby TheLQ » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Yumi_713 wrote:Well problem is, school's been in for like two months almost so It's too late to change classes now. Ugh! Idk what to do!!

Well here's the problem: You waited to long. There is still a tiny possibility that you can transfer, just ask your consular.

If you can't, then ask the teacher for help. Usually you will get a good teacher who will try to help you. Set aside alot of time in the evening to study. Take good notes. Look over your notes. Read the chapters in the book. This class will most likley move fast, and memorization is key. Get help.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter