Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm

Happy rant turned to a rant. go figure.

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Happy rant turned to a rant. go figure.

Postby matsumo itsu » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Hey this is like the subject says a happy rant, my sister usually tells me what to do, makes me help her cook,do her laundry, clean her something to cook in, since she was born without arms or hands for that matter, and she always yells at me if i take to long to clean the things she needs, or if i'm going to slow, she yells at me all the time, calls me nub,blonde, dunno bout the nub part she's a WoW fan, well anyway she always yells at me, i never say anything back, just like 6 minutes ago i actually yelled back, something i've never done before, i always just took it and forgot bout it, but this time i yelled back at her, she is now 21, and has yet to learn, she isn't the only one who can get a attitude with people. it just felt so great to yell back at her for once.
Last edited by matsumo itsu on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 pm

*pulls out hair from bad grammer*

Anyway, she needs to know that your doing your best, and if she yells at you for doing it, then don't do it. I hate it when people yell at me when i'm doing something nice for them.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Yeah i know what you mean, I lived with it for about 7 years, she started bossing me around about 7 years that's why i say that's how long i lived with it.

Edit on 1/26/09: Oh great, got home from the YMCA after my mom picked up tubby's, and i locked us out of the car for about 50 minutes. i get home get some pizza, which my sister was pissed my mom didn't get her any, and my sister knocks on my door, i say come in, she comes in, and says "you have no clue how rough of a month i've been having, and no one seems to care" and she was crying too, which is something out of the normal for her. and i try to make her feel better, and offered to get her some tubby's(her favorite pizza) and she said she wasn't hungry, and closed her door. So next time i see her i will tell her, "if you want me to help you out more and not get a attitude towards you, just start being nicer to me, all i ask" since i've shot for her being nicer for about two years.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby mcrlvr394 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 pm

Dude, I may not know you, but I'm proud of you. You got guts. You have a right to feel good. You've been waiting how long for this? Maybe as long as I've been waiting to hear a "happy rant." I didn't even know that was possible, but it works.
RIP Bobo

lovelikewoe

~formerly known as yumi_713~
mcrlvr394 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby matsumo itsu » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:35 am

Ugh! If any of you know I've been learning to draw anime/manga. And I started learning how to draw the eyes first. So I'm all happy and my sister comes along and says I need to learn to draw real eyes not anime/manga eyes, saying anyone can draw those kinds of eyes, thus ruining all the self confidence I built up. I thought of working with computers, and she said I don't have the grades to get somewhere to learn it and that I'm not smart enough, csi I don't have a steady hand.inventor, not enough creativity. Is it possible she just wants me to fail and have no self confidence or something???

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby mcrlvr394 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Of course that's what she wants.It makes her feel good when you feel bad.I'm sure you're really smart.I'm sure you can draw.But I bet anything she can't,can she?
RIP Bobo

lovelikewoe

~formerly known as yumi_713~
mcrlvr394 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Tekirai » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Light_Yagami wrote:And I started learning how to draw the eyes first. So I'm all happy and my sister comes along and says I need to learn to draw real eyes not anime/manga eyes, saying anyone can draw those kinds of eyes, thus ruining all the self confidence I built up.

Well, everyone and their mother seems to think anime/manga styled art is hip and cool nowadays, but I can't help but have a massive interest in... anything Asian, really. Observational drawing is my forte but I can't draw realistic people at all. I can only draw manga-styled art right now, but I hope to someday develop my own style that only shares a few similarities.

I think you should do the same. If you like the idea of learning how to draw like that, then go ahead. Do what you think is best and what you think is easier for your art first and get a feel for a certain style. Where you go from there is up to you. Don't let anything or anyone discourage you.

I thought of working with computers, and she said I don't have the grades to get somewhere to learn it and that I'm not smart enough, csi I don't have a steady hand.

Learning how to work with computers is actually very easy if you're taught by the right people and in the right way. Even if you're not the smartest cookie, ICT appeals to a lot of people and it can get you pretty far. Even if you don't end up getting a career involving computers, ICT is useful in pretty much everything. It wouldn't be a bad idea to think about it at least a little.

inventor, not enough creativity.

It's almost impossible to not have enough creativity. I'm sure you are creative in some shape or form. Everyone is. An inventor would be an interesting career choice, but like with all careers it may not be something you would get into right away. In the end, it's all up to you and how you approach things.

Is it possible she just wants me to fail and have no self confidence or something???

I'm not sure whether or not that born without hands and arms thing was literal or not, but regardless, I would think that this is how SHE feels and not you. Saying that these are all of your faults and not her own might be her way of dealing with it. It can be hard to admit things to yourself sometimes, even though she may actually have nothing wrong in that sense at all. Perhaps she really believes that she has no self-confidence and can't face it herself. Or maybe she's jealous of the things that you can do or she can't. The human mind is a weird thing, so you can't guarantee a rhyme or reason...

If she bothers you in any way, it is best for you to make sure she knows this. Just like how you've stood up to her. You can't let her do something wrong and get away with it. It requires a lot of bravery, but you seem to have been able to do it more than once. Maybe you're getting through to her.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:01 pm

that's what i'm thinking, is that i'm getting through to her, and i was serious about her not having arms or hands, it's just a little bit past the shoulder and rounds off. and i'm going to continue drawing manga, like i've already started a DA to put my 51 sets of eyes, somewhere around that many, i'm not giving up on this dream. i'm going to make it so that i do go into anime/manga weather or not she likes it. i've been trying to make her happy, and now i'm not going to anymore, if it makes her mad to bad so sad for her.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter