Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am

Is my friend blaming me?

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Is my friend blaming me?

Postby Boss Tamsy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Okay, two months ago, my friend lost his job at our family's pet shop. First, let me explain why he lost it. Siply put, he was working one day a week at the time and my mom simply couldn't afford to keep him. So, one snowy night, we( me and my mom) leave the store, and as we pull out of the drive she tells me that he's been let go and that was his last day. Needless to say, I was saddened by his leaving ;__; but understood why it had to be done and that was that. However, folloing this day, he no longer calls me and any myspace messages I recieve from him are related to the group he runs. So, last week, I sent him a message trying to explain that it wasn't my decision to let him go. However, he hasn't replied, and I know full well he's been on ther at least every other day. So, today, I sent him (in short terms) an ultimatum. I said that if he was angry and didn't want to be friends with me anymore, I understood that, but that he shouldn't just stop talking to me leaving me to wonder what happened.

I'm not sure where to go from here.
EPIC FAIL!!
Boss Tamsy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:35 pm

You did all you can. Just wait it out. If he doesn't respond, assume the worst.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheLQ » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Um, its just one person. I don't consider myself to have alot of friends, but if just 1 of my friends was an idiot, so what.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Boss Tamsy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:09 am

So, what?

1.) I don't have too many close friends.
2.) For reasons I can't explain, I'm starting to lose them.(this makes two in the past year.
EPIC FAIL!!
Boss Tamsy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheLQ » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 am

could you use indirect influence on him? Ask someone you know to talk to him about it, and see whats going on. Maybe he's just pissed he lost his job, and the only way he can vent his anger is push it off on you.

Also, i don't have many close friends, (3), and i still wouldn't care if one of them was being such an idiot that i just stopped hanging out with him.

Another thing you might try is hanging out where he hangs out (if its like my high school people arrive almost 40 minuites early and sit and listen to music. He'll eventually warm up to you.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby mcrlvr394 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:15 pm

Seems to me that he's just shallow.If he's gonna get pissed at you for this,would you really wanna call him your friend?If he doesn't reply back,ponder this:is it really that you don't wanna lose him or that you don't wanna lose a friend?It might not be the fear of losing him.It could be the fear of being alone.I've got you thinking now,don't I?
RIP Bobo

lovelikewoe

~formerly known as yumi_713~
mcrlvr394 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet