Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:21 am

I can't stand this

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

I can't stand this

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:32 am

I met this guy on my freshnman orientation day. We soon became friends, and talked alot. Later he wanted to go to the next level, but I told him I didn't like him like that.

So after IMing a little bit after that, he met this girl at work, and is now in love with that girl, and we don't talk anymore. I tried IMing him once, and it felt like there was distance between us now.

He's driving me crazy, because even though he doesn't like me and I don't like him in that way, it feels like we're not friends anymore. I would be online, and he would be too, but he never said hi or anything. Soon I put myself on invisible to everyone for a few days, and then I see him, and he says that he's concerned, but I doubt it, because if he really was, you'd think he would call (he's got my number), Email, IM, or something.

So now, I feel that he is lying, because if he was concerned, well, see the last sentence above.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:36 am

That is a bit strange, and to be honest, I have to agree, it doesnt seem like he really made an effort to talk with you, although Im not quite sure what to tell you,, except that I am sorry that it turned out that way. If I misunderstood your post, my appologies.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:32 pm

Well, we'd be both online, and I didn't try to make a move, which makes me somewhat at fault for this as well. I probably could have tried contacting him, and I should have, but usuallly if I logged in after he did, (before), he would IM me seconds after I logged on.
Saphire-089 offline

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:18 pm

Saphire-089 wrote:Well, we'd be both online, and I didn't try to make a move, which makes me somewhat at fault for this as well. I probably could have tried contacting him, and I should have, but usuallly if I logged in after he did, (before), he would IM me seconds after I logged on.

Um, I know from personal experience that, in a meaningful relationship, not responding to chat means NOTHING. He could be talking to someone else, have a PC issue, or a million different things. So, don't worry, if you guys are serious, he'll forgive you.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Then again, it is also possible that since you told him you didn't like him in that way, he now feels awkward and uncomfortable talking with you because he's afraid that you will think ill thoughts about him and his intentions. Try contacting him (on IM if you want) and telling him that you're still interested in being friends, if he is. You have to be the one to take the initiative, assuming my theory is correct. If he responds positively, then there you go. If not, forget him. He just wanted to lay you and you're better off without him.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:21 pm

I agree with Planet Cool on that one, you should try contacting him and tell him you still wish to be friends...
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:09 am

I think things are cool with us right now. We briefly talked an hour ago, and I think things are good. And he wasn't looking for a lay, by the way.
Saphire-089 offline

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:11 am

At first glance, it seems like you dropped the ball with him. Wouldn't blame the guy that much on finding another girl to love.

But if you're cool with being only friends with him, more power to you.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline