Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:08 pm

The emptyness! The emptyness!

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The emptyness! The emptyness!

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:49 pm

So yeah, for about three weeks I've been feeling pretty empty inside. It's a weird feeling that "tells me" I should be doing something instead of just sitting around wasting time but there are no projects or plans. I'm not saying that I'm bored, though, I have a distinct sensation of emptyness and something pivotal missing in my life. Maybe it's my lack of a girlfriend that I've been sadly mulling over, but I feel that it's something else / more than that. It's so strong that I've started playing video games again because they make me feel like I'm doing something, and I stopped reading and watching movies because it feels too idle. I call up my friend and we do stuff for the weekend but as soon as it's over, and I mean immediately after, it all just starts up again.

Does anyone have any clue of something I should be doing?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:19 pm

Strange...
I feel that sort of emptiness too...
I don't know what it is.
I only can quench it by doing something productive...
Maybe we're both workaholics.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:31 pm

<s>Find Jesus</s> I think it's the lack of girlfriend.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:03 pm

I actually went to church a couple of times, thar.

I'm sad to report that it did nothing for me.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Planet Cool wrote:I actually went to church a couple of times, thar.

I'm sad to report that it did nothing for me.

*sigh* Okay, going to church a few times is not being saved. Oy...

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:40 pm

JF, he isnt asking to be saved, hes asking for advice on things to do.

I would suggest going out and spending some time with friends, go out and enjoy life, staying couped up can lead to these feelings. Ask me how I know!
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Highway Runner wrote:JF, he isnt asking to be saved, hes asking for advice on things to do.

I know, I was joking, he said soething, and I corrected it.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Gauntlet » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:48 pm

I don't know how old you are, but if you meet the minimum legal age, you might want to look into a job? How about volunteering? Church might be nice--maybe you'd find more enjoyment out of the activities rather than the religious elements.

Join a community--if you can write, spend some time reviewing other people's stories, and then, hopefully, they'll return the favor once you've posted a story of your own. Deviantart also looks pretty good for artists, oui oui. I'm not really big on playing offline games--and though this is really the last thing I would ever recommend--maybe you can try to find an MMO to play or something. Most MMOs have a community that you might find enjoyable to be a part of.

<s>Blahblah</s>But alas--happiness come from the inside, not from others.<s>blahblahblah</s>
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Gauntlet wrote:Join a community--if you can write, spend some time reviewing other people's stories, and then, hopefully, they'll return the favor once you've posted a story of your own.

Being a novelist (speculative fiction) is pretty much my goal, and I'm in the midst of <s>very</s> slowly putting together a science-fiction comedy. (I have the whole story planned out in my head but I'm never satisfied with the results and end up deleting more than I write) I also write fan fiction when I get bored of the same old stuff but hardly anyone ever reviews what I write. Nothing I've ever put up on ff.net has ever had more than seven-or-so reviews.

...well, that's really not much of a complaint, more of a pet peeve.

As for JF's church thing, I was not only not saved, I was depressed and appalled.

Sorry, buddy. Nothing against you, nothing personal against the Christian populace.

It's just not my kind of thang. It makes me feel down in the dumps.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Planet Cool wrote:
Gauntlet wrote:Join a community--if you can write, spend some time reviewing other people's stories, and then, hopefully, they'll return the favor once you've posted a story of your own.

Being a novelist (speculative fiction) is pretty much my goal, and I'm in the midst of <s>very</s> slowly putting together a science-fiction comedy. (I have the whole story planned out in my head but I'm never satisfied with the results and end up deleting more than I write) I also write fan fiction when I get bored of the same old stuff but hardly anyone ever reviews what I write. Nothing I've ever put up on ff.net has ever had more than seven-or-so reviews.

...well, that's really not much of a complaint, more of a pet peeve.

As for JF's church thing, I was not only not saved, I was depressed and appalled.

Sorry, buddy. Nothing against you, nothing personal against the Christian populace.

It's just not my kind of thang. It makes me feel down in the dumps.

Alrighty, now we're getting to the meat of the discussion here. You have to be sorry for you're sins. I don't mean sory you're caught, but sorry and intending to repent, and intend to never do what you did again. If you DO (and this will happen), you ask for forgiveness, again, with 100% honesty.

This is just the beginning, and if you actually care enough to want to know more, my PM inbox is always open.

Then again, might be the church's fault...some church's are absolutely awful in that regard.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Gauntlet » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:40 pm

Planet Cool wrote:

I'm sort of in a similar position as you, in that regard. I've been working on a story on-and-off for around three years now, with little progress (big changes in the story, but little has actually been written). I get frustrated with my writing style and end up putting the whole thing off. It's not much fun, sufficed to say. I'm of the belief that you need to be happy and content to actually enjoy writing, though--in retrospect, I was demoralized by certain real-life circumstances when I tried to write, so it never really worked out. Things have lightened up since then (I'm still a cynical twit), so I've tried to pick up writing again, and so far, it seems to be working out, albeit at a slow pace.

I'll send something to your inbox that may or may not help on this matter.
Gauntlet offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Parappa-Fan » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:24 am

Perhaps you could visit old friends. I don´t see you in Shin PAYD for long time. Don´t get down, buddy. The life is a big street so you may want to keep going forward^^ If you think that everything will be alright all the time, then everything will be alright.
-Parappa-fan
Don´t accept the hate propaganda, sue anyone who humilhate and ridicularize you.

Parappa-Fan offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:36 am

Parappa-Fan wrote:Perhaps you could visit old friends. I don´t see you in Shin PAYD for long time. Don´t get down, buddy. The life is a big street so you may want to keep going forward^^ If you think that everything will be alright all the time, then everything will be alright.

Thanks, PF. I haven't gone back to PAYD because it's pretty dead in there... most threads didn't even get new replies after I'd been gone for months, and frankly I don't think it's getting any better. I still like everyone there, though, don't get me wrong, but I'm usually the only person there, and since the hacking most old members, as far as I know, have not returned. I still drop by every now and again, but only Wildee and steven seem to do the same thing. I really miss the Shrine.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Parappa-Fan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:43 am

We switched to http://shinhihipuffyamiyumidreams.b1.jcink.com few time after the attack of Taylor so drop by^^ Try an MSN so we can chat better. Just using forums will don´t help us.
-Parappa-fan
Don´t accept the hate propaganda, sue anyone who humilhate and ridicularize you.

Parappa-Fan offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Parappa-Fan wrote:We switched to http://shinhihipuffyamiyumidreams.b1.jcink.com few time after the attack of Taylor so drop by^^ Try an MSN so we can chat better. Just using forums will don´t help us.

Oh, wow! I was not informed of that! Big Cheers, PF! You'll see me there soon. ;)
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Getting back on topic here...
Try sleeping. It works for me every time.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:26 pm

Sleeping feels like wasting time. I have an urge to do stuff...
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheLQ » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:43 am

For me, i just start working on projects. I have tons of sh*t i can do. Just try to find something that you want to do and work on it.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:46 am

Video games :)

They are the reason- and the bane- of my existence.
either that, or homework.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:54 pm

A friend's friend's girlfriend is about to have a book of hers published.

This made me so freakin' jealous that I've been working on my own novel at warp speed.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Planet Cool wrote:A friend's friend's girlfriend is about to have a book of hers published.

This made me so freakin' jealous that I've been working on my own novel at warp speed.

Just make sure it doesn't suck. :)

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Honey, when the PC calls the shots, every marathon is a walk in the clouds. ;)
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:21 pm

...don't call me honey.

ANYWAY, my other advice is to get yourself a girl, mate.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:19 pm

JesusFreak wrote:...don't call me honey.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I had any affection for you.

Jeez, man! It was a joke! Fo' serious! Don't get all OCD on me.

...or might that be a hint of homophobia I smell?
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JesusFreak » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Dude, I KNOW it was a joke! I was joking around too. I just don't like being called anything related to food.
Last edited by JesusFreak on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next