Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 pm

Ugh...

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Ugh...

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:16 pm

Just so you know, this is my first rant. I try to live as upbeat a life as possible, hence my lack of rants.

I just started as a freshman in a really good school in Manhattan. All of the classes are advanced, or accelerated, or AP.
I used to be the guy who was completely fluent in computers and was really smart and always got good grades. if you omit the last two parts, then you have me! But with freshman year, my grades began to slip, and I admit, I didn't really try too hard to keep them up.
This morning, I got an abysmal progress report that every one is supposed to get. I am getting by with a "barely adequate" in two of my classes (more specifically, Biology and English), and I am in danger of failing History. (My teacher hates us calling it Social Studies).
Ugh!!! I feel like i want ot tear my hair out! I was a total idiot, and even though it is only the middle of the first trimester, this is going to leave a total imprint in my entire report card. I seriously messed up, and now, I'm paying the price for slacking!
To the reader of this post, it may not seem like much that I'm not doing so well, but my school is all-scholarship. If I can't maintain a certain average, I could be kicked out, and this is one of the most prestigious schools in all of New York.

I don't really expect much positive criticism from this post, but this is a good way to vent my feelings.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Re: Ugh...

Postby JesusFreak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:03 pm

TheAppleFreak wrote:Just so you know, this is my first rant. I try to live as upbeat a life as possible, hence my lack of rants.

I just started as a freshman in a really good school in Manhattan. All of the classes are advanced, or accelerated, or AP.
I used to be the guy who was completely fluent in computers and was really smart and always got good grades. if you omit the last two parts, then you have me! But with freshman year, my grades began to slip, and I admit, I didn't really try too hard to keep them up.
This morning, I got an abysmal progress report that every one is supposed to get. I am getting by with a "barely adequate" in two of my classes (more specifically, Biology and English), and I am in danger of failing History. (My teacher hates us calling it Social Studies).
Ugh!!! I feel like i want ot tear my hair out! I was a total idiot, and even though it is only the middle of the first trimester, this is going to leave a total imprint in my entire report card. I seriously messed up, and now, I'm paying the price for slacking!
To the reader of this post, it may not seem like much that I'm not doing so well, but my school is all-scholarship. If I can't maintain a certain average, I could be kicked out, and this is one of the most prestigious schools in all of New York.

I don't really expect much positive criticism from this post, but this is a good way to vent my feelings.

Indeed, this is what Rant is for, is it not? :)

Well, I can sympathize, 'sidering I'm behind a year in mathematics because I was slacking off worse than your average Internet nerd.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:15 pm

Thanks for the consolation JF.
It won't help my grades though...
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Rail Runner » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:17 pm

You can make up for the lack of studying by now putting forth your best efforts. The good thing about your situation is that it can be changed, you just have to give it an honest effort.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak