Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 8:33 am

I hate whats wrong with me!

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

I hate whats wrong with me!

Postby Pliio8 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:25 pm

I have to take medicine, im a hyperactive kid whom watches so many cartoons he begins to wish he was one. A split personality, and everyone thinks im a freak! My life sucks, any sugestions on how to help my problems and obsesions?

Pliio8 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby The BB of C » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:48 pm

First, I would suggest taking a very long break from all television accept for news programming.

Seconldy, medicine doesn't work at all. Changing your hyperactivity issues is all about will power and dicipline. Also, a ton of new studies show that hyperactivity medications can cause serious long-term mental sideaffects. I would suggest refusing the medicine all together.

Let me know when you're done with that and you're results and I'll give you the next step ;) :*D But seriously, that might work.
The BB of C offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Re: I hate whats wrong with me!

Postby Jeremie Lover » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:50 pm

Pliio8 wrote:I have to take medicine, im a hyperactive kid whom watches so many cartoons he begins to wish he was one. A split personality, and everyone thinks im a freak! My life sucks, any sugestions on how to help my problems and obsesions?

Do you have ADHD?
I Was Sissi Delmas Lover
Jeremie Lover offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby The BB of C » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:53 pm

It would seem an awful much like it to me.
The BB of C offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Darkborn » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:11 pm

Just...step away from the TV and Video games..

Also, create a Newbie Thread for yourself, since I see that you introduced yourself in the Xanadu thread.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Just_Jaine » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:12 pm

If you do have ADHD I wouldn’t stop medication all together. First I would talk to your parents and see if you could skipping your medication for one day, not one that involves school. Check to see if there is any side affects that cause some of the behaviors you dislike about your self. If it is part of the medication I could talk to your doctor and see if you could try a different kind. You might also want decide on a number of TV show you watch a day and then stick to that number. To fill your time go outside, read a book, anything.

The BB of C do you have a link to any of those studies? I would like to read them.
Just_Jaine offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby The BB of C » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:15 pm

Jaine wrote:If you do have ADHD I wouldn’t stop medication all together. First I would talk to your parents and see if you could skipping your medication for one day, not one that involves school. Check to see if there is any side affects that cause some of the behaviors you dislike about your self. If it is part of the medication I could talk to your doctor and see if you could try a different kind. You might also want decide on a number of TV show you watch a day and then stick to that number. To fill your time go outside, read a book, anything.

The BB of C do you have a link to any of those studies? I would like to read them.

I can name six situations off of the top of my head where staying on that medication has screwed people I know personally up big time. I may not know his parents, but if they were like that to put him on it, they probably won't want him to go off. Trust me, that stuff is bad news. Especially Riddiline, stay the heck away from that stuff.
Do you have an older sibling?
The BB of C offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby TB3 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:24 pm

I don't have experience in these matters but best of luck Pliio8 in overcoming your problems - if ever you need emotional or moral support drop round!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Just_Jaine » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:31 pm

If that question was for me, no I do not have any siblings. I do, however, have ADD. I personally don’t find any thing wrong with the medication I take (concerta), but not all medication works for every one. I get the feeling you think AD/HD is curable if you concentrate. That is the problem, you can’t. It is like trying to play a basketball game and do homework at the same time, very difficult. I don’t see any reason why his parents would not let him skip it for a day. I’m sure they would value his decision if it did not interfere with schoolwork or anther event.
Just_Jaine offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby The BB of C » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:46 pm

Jaine wrote:If that question was for me, no I do not have any siblings. I do, however, have ADD. I personally don’t find any thing wrong with the medication I take (concerta), but not all medication works for every one. I get the feeling you think AD/HD is curable if you concentrate. That is the problem, you can’t. It is like trying to play a basketball game and do homework at the same time, very difficult. I don’t see any reason why his parents would not let him skip it for a day. I’m sure they would value his decision if it did not interfere with schoolwork or anther event.

The question was directed to him. Something that helps if you have an older sibling is to have them smack you upside the head whenever they see you doing something along the lines of these issues.
I know, it works for most people now. But long-term evidence shows that it can cause problems later.
Do I think ADD is curable? Heck no, I don't even believe it exists. Along with ADHD, whatever name they have for that issue where a kid can't remember anything, or Aspergers. I think those so called 'diseases' is just a kid who can't sit still or think straight. People for my whole life told me I had Aspergers. I said "BS" after hearing it for a while. Then I started focusing myself and two years later, they couldn't find anything even close to what Aspergers might be with me. The same thing happened with my friend who lives a few minutes down the road of me. They told him he had 3 or 4 different things.
That last thing you said though is very possible. I was just speaking from my own experience when I said that. I've never seen a parent put a kid on medicine and them let them go off even for a day.
The BB of C offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Re: I hate whats wrong with me!

Postby DeadViolet » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:04 pm

Pliio8 wrote:I have to take medicine, im a hyperactive kid whom watches so many cartoons he begins to wish he was one. A split personality, and everyone thinks im a freak! My life sucks, any sugestions on how to help my problems and obsesions?
I am also like that!! 'cept my life dont suck.

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chad Rains » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:19 pm

I have to agree on the part about the getting off the medication and ADHD not existing. My brother (knowns as Airox on here) had first hand experience with this.

It got to a point where he was doing pretty crappy in school and his personality had changed quite a bit. In retrospect this was not a medical condition but rather the result of some well placed events in our family.

Before it was all done and over with we were all going to counselling on a regular basis and my brother was diagnosed with ADHD and was given all this medicine he had to take to supposedly "cure it". Thankfully I got out of there with a clean bill of health (Actually I had kept quiet during the whole mess and the counsellor just decided it wasnt worth anyones time for me to continue coming. no ADHD diagnosis or anything. of course I wasnt as bad off as my brother).

Anyways, after being out of counselling and still on the medecine for a number of years he did not improve. No more than a few years ago we had decided that due to his education further deteriorating that he might be better off living with our cousin who lives down in Columbus (you see, since about '96-'97 our dad has not been in our lives. my brother was 7 years old at the time). He still lives down there and not only has his schooling greatly improved but his mental state has also improved dramatically. He also has been off the ADHD medicine for probably 4 or 5 years now.

You see, our dad left around summer '96 with absolutely no warning (didnt start getting child support again till around spring '03) and no more than half a year later our grandpa died. At his age, my brother didnt take this too well and we assume this is what caused the mess he went through.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby The BB of C » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:25 pm

[Okay, what's your dad's name so on the off chance I should ever see him I can knock him in the forehead]

I'm glad someone sees what I'm talking about.
The BB of C offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Pliio8 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:25 pm

Well i 'preciate the help. But i have 2 older siblings, alot older and 1 younger. part of the problem might be because i was born 2 months before i was supposed to. And i stopped my medication a long time ago. none the less not much of this helps, my major problem is my younger sibling whos thirteen, crys about the littlest things, gets upset ofr no reason AND were twins! TWINS! I gotta stick up for him when i can barley stick up for myself! My mental stability is almost gone, man im messed up! :whatever:

Pliio8 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby The BB of C » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:33 pm

Here's another thing, you know something is wrong with you. This is a good sign. This means that you can fix it yourself. I'm not sure what to say further than that online. But at least we know there's hope :D Just send me a message if you need anything.
The BB of C offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned