Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:47 am

Midterms: A teachers way of tourturing their students

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TB3 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:49 pm

Hey - in TL's school they're on their third headmaster (principal) in a year.

You see the school and the one next door decided to merge and so the original head retired and the schools were managed (badly) by the remaining head until the merger was complete at which point a new man was appointed in charge of both campuses.

Damn - it sounds like the plot of some awful soap-opera.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:04 pm

Ouch. I'm on the single most ruthless bus in the state. We've gone through twenty five different drivers in just this year, and it's bareley even half way. They had to have police officers on for a while, to make sure nothing bad happened in a complaint.

And don't get me started on last year.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Xanadu » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:18 pm

AngelBolt wrote:NO! We have to take eight each year. It's just the six states of new england decided to have one more standardised test, unlike any other. Mainly because these states are just about nothing and very small, we can be considered one big state some times. Emphasis on
"New England Patriots" And why the "Boston Red Sox" is the only baseball team around. And the Celtics. And bruins. Well, the bruins are dead, but that's beside the point.

So, our school was selected to take a quick sample last year, and this year was the full test. We had to sit still for hours. All in one shot, no boks, no pencils, and we couldn't wear anything with pockets. They took away my favorite jeans and made me wear a skirt. *Shudders* And these were so brutal.

I live in New Hampshire, I know what you mean *shudders* THEY NEVER LET ME FINISH MY MATH TEST!!!! I mean, if they're going to make us take like 8 million tests, they should at least let you finish them!!

And I have midterms next week, I have to spend this whole week reviewing including several hours after school. Ugh. I better be home from those at 5:30 (that's when CL comes on here :D )
OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE BRING BACK ODD'S FUTURE FLASH CLUB
Xanadu offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby 5188148 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:40 pm

Geez. Out West is a whole lot easier, with the exception of CA, which I consider the east coast all over again. We also allow gambling, and driving of certain vehicles at 14 :pbthbb:
Get your sexy PETA banner at http://www.peta.org/mc/webAds.asp
5188148 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cecilia » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:07 pm

Bleh...we don't take midterms...we take semester finals; they break our school year into 5-month semesters (two per school year) with finals at the end of each semester. On occasion, some of the finals have been year finals (my Bio one was like that)...and last year was my last for base-standardized test; I took the PSAT, too. ^^

I swear, they bug us out over tests. The most I've ever studied for a test is 15 minutes: that was my Bio final, which covered the entire year. The least? I didn't study at all for my Health final and I aced it. But where I go to school, EVERYTHING seems to have finals...

As far as standardized tests...state law requires kids to take a "we want to know what you remembered over your two month summer break and what was crammed into your brains during August" test...from 2nd grade to 10th grade. No exceptions. On top of that, there's another test they make them take...one in November, one in April. They literally cram tests down our throats...and half the stuff from grade 7 and up is outside the curriculum. (Prime example: Algebra isn't taught until 9th unless you were in the "gifted" class in 8th) and the 8th grade version of the yearly test...the mathematics portion is half algebra, 1/3 geometry, and the rest is...a mix.)

But, personally, I'd rather just take tests the entire time...except for my AlgII tests...they're a pain...miss 1 question, even if the work is right...-4 points. Tests are worth 80 pts. with 20 questions. >< It was like my AlgII final in December...miss two and I wouldn't get the A+ that I wanted.

Of course, my Eng-Hist honor mix class final was a breeze...I could miss 15 out of 100 and still get an A in the class (missed 9. XD)
Cecilia offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous