Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:13 am

changes

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

changes

Postby Odd-Like-Me » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:29 pm

i am so sick of life these days. me and my friends used to be all happy and jokey, now it just is bitching all the time. i hate it. i want something interesting and exiting to pop up. tv even helps but i get home late because of school. i just need a good friend right now. and mabye a good tv show ;__;
Tv Tome can never be beaten, R.I.P, to the best site in the world.

<x>
Odd-Like-Me offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Little Vili » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:32 pm

Good friends is what we're all about. As for tv shows, watch Full Metal Alchemist, or Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex. And basically lots of other stuff on adult swim.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SamBlob » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:11 pm

Suggestions:

Learn to draw.

Read "Watership Down", "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", "Nineteen Eighty-Four", "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" or "A Tale of Two Cities". Or, if you're not averse to horror, "The Stand" or "The Shining".

Get a hobby or an interest. This has the added advantage of being able to find friends among other enthusiasts, unlike drawing or reading which are generally solitary practices.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odd22 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:51 pm

Oh my god not the shining by Stephen King, that is a scary (ish) movie. Umm i ahve only one suggestion right now. Go through school spend all your time on that, then worry about ather things.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SamBlob » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:01 pm

The book's better, but it might be more scary.

Of Stephen King's horror books, The Shining and The Stand are relatively mild, although The Stand is *LONG*!!! For really scary stuff, try It or Cujo. I have not read Pet Semetary or Salem's Lot, and I *really* don't want to...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: changes

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:02 pm

Odd-Like-Me wrote:i am so sick of life these days. me and my friends used to be all happy and jokey, now it just is bitching all the time. i hate it. i want something interesting and exiting to pop up. tv even helps but i get home late because of school. i just need a good friend right now. and mabye a good tv show ;__;

Aww, If it makes you feel netter, I feel the same way. Except I'm now on anti-depressants.

And If it helps, I'll be your friend!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Odd-Like-Me » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:18 am

i guess so, and thanks for the reading sugestions, i've see a few of the movies and i bet those books would be good :)

<x>
Odd-Like-Me offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Dylan0513 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:21 am

AngelBolt wrote:
Odd-Like-Me wrote:i am so sick of life these days. me and my friends used to be all happy and jokey, now it just is bitching all the time. i hate it. i want something interesting and exiting to pop up. tv even helps but i get home late because of school. i just need a good friend right now. and mabye a good tv show ;__;

Aww, If it makes you feel netter, I feel the same way. Except I'm now on anti-depressants.

I hope you're joking, because my Spanish teacher told us her friend died after thinking she didn't need the medication anymore. Then she commited suiside.
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Paige » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:59 am

Wow. Your being overdramatic and immature. :) I know for a FACT that eahc and every one of you can go out there and get tonnnns of friends. The problem is, you just won't. And that's sad. Once you get some good friends, with some fun activities to do, then you can stop sitting around in front of the computer all day and feeling sorry for yourself. Don't get depressed okay? It's stupid and there is NO reason to get depressed. I mean take me for example, I JUST moved last month, and I have lots of friends here and things to do. I still miss my friends back in FL. I could've gotten all depressed, but I didn't and I'm not. So you don't either. There is no reason for it. Just get a friend not a gay tv show. Tv shows will not help you feel better. Actual people will.
¿Qué es poesía?, dices mientras clavas
En mi pupila tu pupila azul.

¡Qué es poesía! ¿Y tú me lo preguntas?
Poesía eres tú.
Paige offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Razputin Nein » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:02 am

^thank you.
Razputin Nein offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Paige » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:03 am

your welcome.

Poesía eres tú.
Paige offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Little Vili » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:22 am

Paige wrote:I know for a FACT that eahc and every one of you can go out there and get tonnnns of friends.

When you have social anxiety, whatever may seem easy to you, seems really hard to them.

In my town, I cant just "go out and make friends." Me, I have what I have. I do have people who respect me, and I have a few people I can hang out with. Most of the time though, a lot of the kids are busy and such. I basically just spend time in my room, listening to music, or playing RPG's. And of course, watch anime when possible. My plan for making friends is being put off till college (only one more year after this! w00t!)
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:21 pm

Paige wrote:Wow. Your being overdramatic and immature. :) I know for a FACT that eahc and every one of you can go out there and get tonnnns of friends. The problem is, you just won't. And that's sad. Once you get some good friends, with some fun activities to do, then you can stop sitting around in front of the computer all day and feeling sorry for yourself. Don't get depressed okay? It's stupid and there is NO reason to get depressed. I mean take me for example, I JUST moved last month, and I have lots of friends here and things to do. I still miss my friends back in FL. I could've gotten all depressed, but I didn't and I'm not. So you don't either. There is no reason for it. Just get a friend not a gay tv show. Tv shows will not help you feel better. Actual people will.

That is not true. Maybe it is for you, but not everyone. Because I know for a FACT that lots of people don't have tonnnnnnns of friends. Some times people just aren't naturally social butterflies or w/e. I moved here three years ago and I still only have a few friends. But the ones I have are good ones, not "fair weather friends" or anything, like half of the people who have 8 billion friends' are. I don't have tonnnnnns because I don't instantly befriend anyone with a mouth. You sound extremely mean by the way and I don't see how that was supposed to help.

Oh.. and dear god do NOT read Watership Down. It was so horrid.. it's about bunnies.. and.. governments.. and.. I couldn't even look at a book for a month after reading that *gags*
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:47 pm

u can read a cool book

wow, this is my 200th post!!!
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odd-Like-Me » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:10 pm

Little Vili wrote:
Paige wrote:I know for a FACT that eahc and every one of you can go out there and get tonnnns of friends.

When you have social anxiety, whatever may seem easy to you, seems really hard to them.

In my town, I cant just "go out and make friends." Me, I have what I have. I do have people who respect me, and I have a few people I can hang out with. Most of the time though, a lot of the kids are busy and such. I basically just spend time in my room, listening to music, or playing RPG's. And of course, watch anime when possible. My plan for making friends is being put off till college (only one more year after this! w00t!)

wow. i hope things get better for you vili :/

<x>
Odd-Like-Me offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Paige » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:14 pm

[quote="Your De-Virtualization You sound extremely mean by the way and I don't see how that was supposed to help.quote]

No. I'm not being mean. I'm just tired of hearing how everyone says their lives suck. And I decided to say something about how I felt. Sorry if I was mean. It's just time to face the facts.

Poesía eres tú.
Paige offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Odd-Like-Me » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:36 pm

well your statenment was over dramatic, and i dont like the way you said the gay tv show thing and all, but thanks, it's kinda stupid to be depressed.

<x>
Odd-Like-Me offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby GOGOLINIICHAN! » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:05 pm

Okay, well, Paige, you were a bit mean but I can tell that you meant well, at least. I do agree with a lot of things that you are saying but really, you must understand that it IS hard for some people to make friends. You have been gifted with good people skills and the kind of personality that easily attracts friends.. but not everyone else has that, so forcing that upon them is a bit mean.

However, I do think that no matter what your personality type, you CAN still make friends. It, of course, will be difficult for some people but it's not impossible. You just have to put yourself out there and be friendly. It may be more work at first but chances are you'll make the right kind of friends for you.

Personally, I have a few true friends and many, many "sorta" friends, meaning people I just occasionally converse with at school. So, don't think that you have to have tonnns of friends, like Paige said, because in reality even if you end up with a million sorta friends, you will always only have a few true friends.
I <3 Stephen
[icon by meee, liniichan@lj]
GOGOLINIICHAN! offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Paige » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:15 pm

Could not have said it any better myself Linii.

Poesía eres tú.
Paige offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:33 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:Except I'm now on anti-depressants.

I hope you're joking, because my Spanish teacher told us her friend died after thinking she didn't need the medication anymore. Then she commited suiside.

I'm not. My mother's side of the family has a strong history of depression. But toda It was declared after three years of it, I don't need then any more!

Postby Paige » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:39 pm

AngelBolt wrote:
Dylan0513 wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:Except I'm now on anti-depressants.

I'm not. My mother's side of the family has a strong history of depression. But toda It was declared after three years of it, I don't need then any more!

WOW! Thats AWESOME!!! We should have a party!

Poesía eres tú.
Paige offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:45 pm

Already did, came home from it, got sick from eating three birthday cakes and a turkey cake.

Postby 4lpha0mega » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:54 pm

well to be honest im not that bothered about freinds, i have them obviously, but i see little point getting worked up about it when after 6th form, collage, university whatever you decide to do, then you might not see them again anyway obviously its nice to have freinds and stay in contact, but i think its kinda stupid to have freinds just for the sake of of it, or to be "cool"

and as for the b*tching part, i have some freinds who, if i walk home with, b*tch all the time, and to be honest its annoying, but i guess they only do that becouse they want to feel they're superior to someone else
4lpha0mega offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SamBlob » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:40 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote: Oh.. and dear god do NOT read Watership Down. It was so horrid.. it's about bunnies.. and.. governments.. and.. I couldn't even look at a book for a month after reading that *gags*

Interesting that you have a bunny in your sig,,, if he's to become our rah then he's going to need the support of the local owsla...
My LF family:

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:24 pm

...you like torturing me don't you.... O.O

Bunny will soon become PRESIDENT. And... we don't have an owsla.
Last edited by YDV on Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Next