Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:42 am

A Question

Life sucks. Tell us about your problems and maybe we can help. =)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

A Question

Postby Saphire-089 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:03 pm

I Broke up with my boyfriend of about 2 months LAST november (2007), because of a couple of reasons.

1. He was always asking me to flash him whenever we were alone. I almost got into an arguement with him at the school. (he even asked me at the school when we were alone). It's like that was about it when we were alone. I just didn't feel right doing it. I mean a relationship isn't about exposing yourself, right?

2. Besides the flashing part, we didn't have that much in common. We probably would have been better off as friends.

3. Another girl said Mitch(fake name) was a bit forward with girls, and didn't know where to draw the line. I even heard that he touched one girl (or more) inaproprately on the bus.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I've been wondering if I was doing the right thing or not. Call me insecure, but I need some clarification here. I didn't try to work things out. When I broke up with him, I just told him I didn't want to try to work things out. I wonder if I should have done that. Also, his friend once talked to me (called my name), but I thought He was calling to someone else (but I think it was my name), and I didn't really go up and talk to the guy, being way too nervous and scared of what they thought of me, and if they knew what happened between Mitch and me. I'm a little confused here. Am I nutcase, or just freaking out over nothing, or what?
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Well, if you felt honestly and truly uncomfortable in the relationship, then you did the right thing. "Mitch" shouldnt have been asking questions and making demands constnantly that you didn't feel right about. A relationship is definitely not about exposing yourself- it is about trust, happiness and love. You should feel comfortable around your significant other.

You're not a nutcase, and you're not freaking out about nothing. If you really want to go and work things out with "Mitch", then go ahead. But only if you know you really want to, because otherwise it'll continue to be uncomfortable. Having suffered through an uncomfortable relationship myself, I know that it is for the better that you ended things.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko Wario » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:45 pm

422 is right. You don't want to get involved with someone who has such a bad reputation... I know sometimes those are just rumors and not founded on fact, but if he's constantly asking you to flash him, then chances are the rumors are true and that he's somebody not looking for a genuine loving relationship but for a way to habitually satisfy his fetishes. If you want my advice, you did the right thing by leaving him. I'd stop all contact with him gradually so that you can make yourself more open to the better guys in your future. The last thing you want is somebody who wants you as a cheap sex prop. Because you know you're more than that.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:09 pm

I haven't seen him once since we broke up. I'm glad I did it, and I know you guys are right Planet Cool, and 422, I just wanted clear my head.

Another thing I don't think I mentioned earlier. As I'm leaving his house after I broke up with him, he pulled his pants down in front of me, as if in some last ditch effort to get me to change my mind. Ugh!!!! :whatever:
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:30 pm

That actually goes beyond tasteless and disgusting, to the catagory of "WTF?"
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:21 am

...Yes. To both.

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:30 pm

That is so wrong and you totally did the right thing. *applauds* Good for you. *gives celebratory cookie*

I mean, wut a jerk!

Not to mention a flirt and possible sexual harassment-er. (uh...?)

So yeah, you did right.
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:45 pm

Aelita wrote:Not to mention a flirt and possible sexual harassment-er. (uh...?)

The correct pronunciation is "loser"

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Lyoko Wario » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:55 pm

If he keeps trying "funny stuff" like that, you can actually call the cops on him.
Lyoko Wario offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Planet Cool wrote:If he keeps trying "funny stuff" like that, you can actually call the cops on him.

Too late for that now. Anyways, if he had did anything else, I might have broken up with him earlier. It wasn't like he was asking me to do something really nasty, just to do what I mentioned earlier. We always hung out in his room, when I went to his house ( he never came to mine). Is that a bad thing?
Saphire-089 offline