Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

Bug Reporting Thread

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Bug Reporting Thread

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Well, if you didn't know, last night we had a server error (again). Usually, we don't get any other problems outside of the forum completely not working, but today I noticed what I believe to be a lingering problem.

I was trying to search someone's post history (TechnoSam) when I encountered this error:
Code: Select all
Could not obtain search results

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 28 from storage engine

SELECT pt.post_text, pt.bbcode_uid, pt.post_subject, p.*, f.forum_id, f.forum_name, t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_forums f, phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.post_id IN (275966, 275967, 275972, 275973, 275974) AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND f.forum_id = p.forum_id AND p.topic_id = t.topic_id AND p.poster_id = u.user_id ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 0, 25

Line : 788
File : search.php

I tried then looking up TheLQ and Star Way's history to see whether I could reproduce it, and got another error similar in style to this one (except much, much longer). Hopefully with the server move in soon* we can fix it. <s>or sooner</s>

Anyone else encounter any other bugs like this?

*Soon is the property of Valve Software, and can denote any length of time from two seconds after you read this to 18 years.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TheLQ » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Yea it seems the Database is having some connectivity issues. I got strange errors about emailer.php failing and not being able to connect to the database due to the max number of connections exceeded earlier today.

Anyone been poking the database or reset the max connections variable?

---

EDIT: Apparently the db is really screwing up, as you've posted this 5 times now...
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Yeah, not sure what the server/error disconnect thing was late yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing I did since I only did Member Activations.

I'm not getting that error when I look at other people's post count list, but that could be because I'm looking in the wrong place?

Could you elaborate a bit on where you're seeing this error...with a screenshot if you can get one. I work better visually. ^^;

...Also, deleted those weird multiple topics since we definitely don't need 5 copies of this topic, lol. xD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby desincarnation » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:40 am

I got strange errors about emailer.php failing

I got that too when I wanted to submit a post. I tried again, but then it turned out that I posted it twice.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:09 am

@Mew: I just tried to replicate the issue on my iPhone, and apparently the database fixed itself so I can't do it again. It popped up when I would go to a member's profile page and click "Show All Posts." Also, the weird multiple copies of this thread were from timing outs; my computer didn't give me an emailer.php error, but rather Safari would time out while sending off the post. Evidently, I tried posting five times before giving up.

From my brief, preliminary poking around today, I'm pretty sure the errors have been fixed serverside. The glitches functions from yesterday appear to have been fixed (hopefully).
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:31 pm

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:@Mew: I just tried to replicate the issue on my iPhone, and apparently the database fixed itself so I can't do it again. It popped up when I would go to a member's profile page and click "Show All Posts." Also, the weird multiple copies of this thread were from timing outs; my computer didn't give me an emailer.php error, but rather Safari would time out while sending off the post. Evidently, I tried posting five times before giving up.

From my brief, preliminary poking around today, I'm pretty sure the errors have been fixed serverside. The glitches functions from yesterday appear to have been fixed (hopefully).

That's good to hear then if everything appears to be fixed. I was hoping it was a server/phpbb error that didn't have anything to do specifically with us, but it's hard for me to tell sometimes. >.>

Anyway, just let me know if you all see any other weird errors on the forum.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin