Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm

Computer buisness from home

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Computer buisness from home

Postby matsumo itsu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Hey people it's me and I was wondering do you guys think it'd be a good idea to start a computer repair business from home, like have people send it to me from where ever and I fix it and send it back, who should I talk to about this to get it started so I won't get ripped off, they don't get ripped off, I am planning on using UPS to send, what all will I need besides my A+ certification?

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Re: Computer buisness from home

Postby TheLQ » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 pm

matsumo itsu wrote:Hey people it's me and I was wondering do you guys think it'd be a good idea to start a computer repair business from home, like have people send it to me from where ever and I fix it and send it back, who should I talk to about this to get it started so I won't get ripped off, they don't get ripped off, I am planning on using UPS to send, what all will I need besides my A+ certification?

I would really recommend working at another shop before going into business. It's much more useful.

---

If you can't then you actually don't need an A+ Certification. I got mine since it was part of the high school class that I was taking. Going out though and just taking it with no teaching is a really bad idea. The 601 and 602 tests are very difficult and have a large failure rate.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:33 pm

I hate to blunt enthusiasm for this kind of idea, but you should get a fair warning:
You will not be able to economically compete with the big 'geek squad' type groups doing this already. Yes I really do believe anybody considering this probably knows more than them, but you can't match the price they offer, and you don't have the big official presence to reassure people. I'm kind of with TheLQ on this, work for somebody else in this field first unless you want to do a LOT of self marketing and selling yourself up to and including bother people door to door and getting told no a million times. I just don't see it working any other way.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby matsumo itsu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:39 pm

I know that odds are I won't be as good as geek squad but my goal is to be as big if not bigger, I know at first it will be just no's and maybe some other time, but hopefully one person finds out and they tell even 2 people than they tell 2 people etc and hopefully I start an actual business, I know you 2 probably know a bit about computers but if I do start it up maybe I could work on it for you if your computer breaks down, gets viruses you can't get rid of and don't want to reformat etc.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter