Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

computer not recognizing

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

computer not recognizing

Postby matsumo itsu » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi my computer won't recognize my Logitech Wingman Extreme Joystick, I went through and manually added it but it is saying it is not connected. What are some trouble shooting steps I can take?

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Install the driver perhaps that came on the included CD?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm pretty sure I lost it, and my computer won't recognize whether or not I have the drivers I installed using Windows hardware installer.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:28 pm

You could probably grab the drivers from Logitech's website. I'd be surprised if they don't have them.

Also, are you getting the "Add New Hardware" wizard when you plug it in? If so, then download the new driver from their website and specify the downloaded file (unzipped, mind you) as the driver location. Windows should take care of the rest.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Gadget » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:36 pm

First off I assume its windows. As long as its windows then check the device manager, find out if it’s the wrong driver or if there’s not a driver installed at all.
If it is a driver problem go to the manufactures website and download the driver manually. (If you have issues, post the make and model number of the device, then either I or someone else can get them for you)

If it’s not a driver issue, it could be a problem with the device. Try installing it with the driver you downloaded on another computer.

Also what version of windows is it, and how old is the joystick. If its vista or higher and the device is fairly old, its highly doubtful that windows will be able to use it, because there might not be a driver for that OS. If it’s XP or lower and the device is brand new then you probably just need to go download the correct drivers for the OS.
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby matsumo itsu » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:32 am

Windows XP using a Logitech Wingman Extreme joystick, and it's maybe 4-5 years old at least. and I have been using device manager and I am downloading the right thing since the joystick says the name clearly on the device itself.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter