Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

What is a network adapter?

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

What is a network adapter?

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:16 pm

My computer refuses to connect to the Internet, and keeps saying it needs a network adapter thing to work. What exactly is that?

EDIT
I'm typing this on my old computer which is a little slower than the other one, (And I have a hard time hearing on both sides when using headphones, but that's another story)
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby TheLQ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:43 pm

A network adapter connects you to your network, as you need to have something for the comptuer to talk with.

Have you gotten on the internet before? Have you reformatted/restored/reinstalled/mess with your OS?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:A network adapter connects you to your network, as you need to have something for the comptuer to talk with.

Have you gotten on the internet before? Have you reformatted/restored/reinstalled/mess with your OS?

it worked before last night. for some reason it's saying that. I tried looking up the adapter, and it says it's functioning, but it's not working. I'm not sure if I did anything to the OS (?)
Saphire-089 offline

Postby TheLQ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:07 pm

See if turning off an on the wireless switch does anything.

Worse case, try rolling back the wireless driver, as patch Tuesday was recent. Look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283657
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Lord.Quackstar wrote:See if turning off an on the wireless switch does anything.

Worse case, try rolling back the wireless driver, as patch Tuesday was recent. Look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283657

I'm not sure turning off the switch does anythng. There's a button on the keyboard that lights up when lan/wireless is on, but I can't get it on right now....
Saphire-089 offline