Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

Silly iPods...

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Silly iPods...

Postby green » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Okay, so I knew we had a couple Apple savvy people in here, so maybe you can give me a hand.

my mother has an iPod mini that she wants to remove songs from. Thing is it's been disuse for years and in that time she's switched PC's since then and had a hard drive die, so she lost a lot of music. I've told it to manually organize the songs on my own machine, however I couldn't remove any of the songs. I figured this had something to do with the authorization and whatnot, so my idea is that if I sync it up on my mother's computer with a fresh install of itunes (since she never had it in the first place) I could get the songs copied over.

Am I right or would that even work?
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 pm

So basically you want to copy music from the iPod over to a computer?

It won't work with generic Apple software. To do so, you'll need to download a special program that can take music from an iPod and put it onto a computer, since Apple doesn't offer that service for some reason.

I can't pull up a list of good software now; I'll do that in the morning.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby green » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 pm

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:So basically you want to copy music from the iPod over to a computer?

It won't work with generic Apple software. To do so, you'll need to download a special program that can take music from an iPod and put it onto a computer, since Apple doesn't offer that service for some reason.

I can't pull up a list of good software now; I'll do that in the morning.

pretty much, yep

I was afraid of that. Since it's my mother's computer we're talking about, with the hard drive death and all (and since I've gotten myself infected with something or other twice before) paranoia is a bit high when it comes to that stuff D:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the list, but the more credible the source the better
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:53 pm

In all honesty keep your antivirus up to date you should be good, and also I wouldn't doubt lord of apple freaks (Why does it not surprise me what so ever he would be the first to reply?)

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby green » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:29 pm

matsumo itsu wrote:In all honesty keep your antivirus up to date you should be good, and also I wouldn't doubt lord of apple freaks (Why does it not surprise me what so ever he would be the first to reply?)

Like I said, paranoia. I don't think TLOAF would send me somewhere bad but I like to try and err on the side of caution.

anyway, I got my Dad looking into it now too, so with any luck this'll get resolved soon ^_^
green offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:55 pm

With your antivirus, outside of being me and switching to linux, get one that has been highly rated and tested by people who do this kind of stuff for a living.

PC World does very in depth reviews and tests, here's a good article (Yes, its from November 2009, but still relevant): http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/collecti ... _2010.html . Don't fall for free antivirus, they aren't the best. The only reason I use them is because I have a 6 month reformat cycle and are weary of strange links.

---

Back on topic, have you honestly tried google once TLOAF responded?
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter