Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

voice to text and vice versa

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

voice to text and vice versa

Postby matsumo itsu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Hi I was wondering is there any software(Me being cheap keep that in mind) out there that would translate what you say into text. Also if there was anything that would be like microsoft sam except you having more voice options and it being more accurate.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Have you tried google?

If you happen to have a phone running Andriod, it does have text to speech features. Knowing this, there's probably some free google project that can do it. Do note though that with ANY text to speech program you have to speak very deliberately.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:39 pm

Alright great idea! Any clues about text to speach which is better than microsoft sam.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Resistance Kewong Pizayu wrote:Alright great idea! Any clues about text to speach which is better than microsoft sam.

None to my knowledge, although Google (if you haven't noticed, I belive firmly in the fact that Google knows all and does all) probably has something.

But you can add other voices to microsoft sam. Text to speech is much easier then speech to text. I did it a looong time ago, adding voices to microsoft sam. There out there.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Dragon NaturallySpeaking is pretty good but it costs > $70 IIRC. Whatever you do find, voice to text/commands has never been that great.

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby matsumo itsu » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:25 pm

not exactly voice command just voice to text. like if I open up word and start talking then it copy what I say.

Okay just since I want to I'm telling you the reason I'm trying to find this stuff out, find cheapest, find exacts. I'm planning on making a language converter, kinda makes sense, you say what you want, computer types it, then if there is a way input your own voice for the speakers voice and have the selected language as the language you want it to and a program to tell the text recorder to speak. If any of that makes sense, pretty much a spoken language converter

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:19 pm

Resistance Kewong Pizayu wrote:not exactly voice command just voice to text. like if I open up word and start talking then it copy what I say.

Okay just since I want to I'm telling you the reason I'm trying to find this stuff out, find cheapest, find exacts. I'm planning on making a language converter, kinda makes sense, you say what you want, computer types it, then if there is a way input your own voice for the speakers voice and have the selected language as the language you want it to and a program to tell the text recorder to speak. If any of that makes sense, pretty much a spoken language converter

Oh, you didn't tell me you wanted to make one.

Me being a programmer, ANY dynamic human movement is hard to program. There are companies that specialize in this stuff and still fail. Its pretty hard. You have to take into account different accents, volumes, and tones. You have to take into account background noise. You have to have a significant population of the people that speak the language to add to the database. You have to then measure the incoming values from the mic and match it to the voice pattern in the database. And no, this is not simple.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby matsumo itsu » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:13 pm

First off I'm only using it for me which should simplify things(well as much as voice to text to translation to translated voice can go)

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter