Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

iPod/iTunes screwed up..

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

iPod/iTunes screwed up..

Postby Rho » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:21 am

I finally fixed my laptop and wanted to get a few more songs onto it. So I plug my iPod in, and it says "iTunes cannot be opened because the file "iTunes Library" was created by a newer version of iTunes". So I went in and switched it with the most recent one, now iTunes opened... and then everything was blank.

I have a bunch of songs, so manually adding them would be far too much of a hassle.

What can I do at this point to recover everything? My iPod is fine, everything's still there, but there's songs I want to get.. and I can't.

Also, an episode of Megas XLR I bought off the iTunes Store is now for some reason just audio. Why is this?
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:34 pm

Hmm... well, maybe you don't have to add in everything manually. What you'll have to do is go into iTunes, select Add to Library from the File menu (Ctrl-O or Cmd-O), go into your iTunes Music folder, start in the first folder, hit Ctrl-A or Cmd-A to select all of the music files, and Import. do that for every folder in the Music folder (yes, it's tedious, but it's faster than manually selecting each song at a time). Within about 15 minutes at most, you should have a complete copy of your library in iTunes. If you have older music, you will most likely have to authenticate your computer again to listen to it.

Your iPod might not sync at first. If all of the music on your iPod is on your computer, then feel free to wipe/restore your iPod. If not, find a utility to back up your music to your computer and do so. Then wipe/restore.

The episode of Megas XLR is most likely download-related. Contact Apple and they'll let you redownload it.

This is assuming you're on Windows. If you're on OS X, check out MacWorld. They had an article about this a while back.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site