Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

Recomended OS

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Recomended OS

Postby Slayer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:23 am

Hey, im looking for a few new OS's for my computer. Im already going to be running Windows XP, Windows 7 X64, SUSE linix, linux mint, Solares and linux mint.

Im looking for something that looks like it even slightly resembles the OS off code lyoko. Dont care if i do find on though. Any one got any suggestions?

There will be no mercy, only slain bodies and taken souls. Dont be afraid, be terrified.
Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:19 am

Hmm... I guess that you like Linux, then? lol

You could already guess my response (If you can't: Hack OS X 10.6.1)... but if you need printer compatibility, roll back to 10.5. And, by all means, install the Chameleon bootloader. It is beautiful.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Slayer » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:02 am

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:Hmm... I guess that you like Linux, then? lol.

Yeah its the closest thing that i can get to mac

You could already guess my response (If you can't: Hack OS X 10.6.1)... but if you need printer compatibility, roll back to 10.5. And, by all means, install the Chameleon bootloader. It is beautiful

Yeah ive been looking for ways to do that for a few years now. You by any chance know how?

There will be no mercy, only slain bodies and taken souls. Dont be afraid, be terrified.
Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:26 pm

All i can say is look for a Gnome or KDE (shudders) theme that resembles CL. If your a semi-artist, make one yourself.

EDIT: BTW applefreak, the interface is tightly conroled by apple, i don't think you can change it much.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:13 am

Lord.Quackstar wrote:All i can say is look for a Gnome or KDE (shudders) theme that resembles CL. If your a semi-artist, make one yourself.

EDIT: BTW applefreak, the interface is tightly conroled by apple, i don't think you can change it much.

Not if you know how :) The Apple Dev tools contain something called Interface Editor (self-explanatory), which can edit the .nib files that all OS X apps rely on. Just copy/paste the Finder nibs in /System/Library/Coreservices/Finder.app/Resources/English.lproj and edit to your heart's content!

Also, phoenix, I can point you to InsanelyMac forums, which is an excellent place to get your bearings in the world of OSx86. You can find tutorials for many different chipsets and computers. Also, they have a theme thread near the bottom of the page, which can be used to customize OS X to your liking.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Slayer » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:49 am

Finally after about 3 months i got around to putting on windows 7, XP and SUSE Linux. Im going to put on iDeneb when i get around to downloading it. If any one has any suggestions for anything else to put on please suggest, i have 3 terabyte hard drives now :D

Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 am

Erm... Can you do a vanilla installation? Although slipstreamed installs might seem nice at first, I find they're a whole lot more trouble than they're worth. The main thing is upgrading; iDeneb, Kalyway, and any other slipstreamed install will require a special patch on the install from the distributor, while most vanilla installs can use updates from Apple (only reason I say most is because when 10.6.2 came out, the kernel was reworked to remove compatibility with the Atom. A user named Tea figured out a way to patch this by making OS X think it was a Core Solo machine, which was later incorporated into the wonderful NetBookInstaller patching utility). If you wanna do a slipstream install, all power to you, but I'd really rather not. If you decide to go the route of vanilla, send me the specs and I'll help you find the kexts.
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby Slayer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:19 am

Yeah ill try the slipstream install for now, if it causes trouble ill come back to you :)

Slayer offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Wheee for Linux~ I've grown up on SuSe myself, and 11.2, the latest distro, is lookin' pretty nice.

One of my faves, however, is Ubuntu. It's relatively smooth, very friendly, and I like being able to download applications straight from the interface.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Chupathingy 42 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:20 pm

A lyoko desktop look alike

Are you wanted one like jeremie's personal computers or the super computer?

Either way for getting as close to accurate as possible you'll want a UNIX decendent that uses a very simple gui and terminal. Now this can be achieved with most Linux versions, just make your background looks similar, make some icons that look similar if the "PCs" or none if the super computer and then open one or two terminal windows (at lest) and run every thing from there

Dirty but it works, but a compiled environment that already looks like the lyoko OS, maybe many years ago in early, customized versions of X-windows

Let's is know what you find or do as that is always a fun project
UNBANNABLE!

Some Might remember me as Chupathingy form TvTome many a year ago

From Red VS Blue Episode 2

Sarge: Hey Simmons, what’s the name of the Mexican lizard, eats all the goats?
Simmons: That would be the Chupacabra Sir.
Sarge: Hey Griff, Chupathingy, I like it. Got a ring to it.

Chupathingy 42 offline
Super Hacker
Super Hacker

Postby Colinahscopy » Mon May 10, 2010 9:16 pm

Try Fedora or Ubuntu
Colin K.
-------------------
Colinahscopy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member