Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am

Adobe releases Photoshop Elements 8

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Adobe releases Photoshop Elements 8

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Today, Adobe announced that Photoshop Elements 8 is now being sold. For $100, one can do many of the things that you could do in Photoshop Elements 6, but just with a shiny new interface. It's available for Windows only at the moment, but the Mac OS X version will ship in about a month.

I'm perfectly content with PSE 6, but if you're someone who works with many pictures extensively Carth and you care about all of the new features Carth, and have about $100 dollars to shell out on this upgrade I'd say Carth, but I dunno about that, then it's perfect for you.

Too bad we don't Carth have any members Carth who work with Photoshop a lot Carth...

Check out Adobe.com for more Carth information.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby ccbtimewiz » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:33 pm

Or just buy Photoshop CS4
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheLQ » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:37 pm

Or go freeware and get Paint.NET, gimp, or any of the other photoshop clones out there. Unless your doing extremely advanced photo editing or working on extreamly excessivly large files (saw one in a pcworld magazine onetime where a person tested PS 64-bit by editing a several gig file) Paint.NET is for you
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:17 pm

If I didn't know any better, TAF, I'd think you were trying to tell me something! 8D.

I already said, I'm perfectly content with PSE7...even though I would love to have Photoshop's Pen Tool function, but PSE8 doesn't have that I don't think. D: Anyway, it has everything I need, and in some cases is even easier to use than regular Photoshop for what I use it for. But I'm still in awe that it came out this fast. Wow.
Carth offline