Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am

Xbox 360 What to do?

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Xbox 360 What to do?

Postby Gadget » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Ok so I guess I will start from beginning, My friend bought a Xbox 360 off eBay, It worked fine for about a year, Then last month it started doing the 3 RROD, I looked up the error code and the secondary error code. The main error code is general Hard Ware error; the secondary code means an Unknown Error. Well he gave it to me to do what ever I want with it. So I decided I will make it another one of my strange projects. Well I first tried the X Clamp fix. IT WORKED for about a week and a half.

Then in the middle of Call of duty 4, Boom it started it again. I bought all the supplies again and did it again throwing away the old supplies. Didn’t work that time. Hmm ok so I figured it was a lost cause, I decided to just mod the thing, I didn’t want to buy a mod chip (why waste money on a lost cause).

So I downloaded some flashing software, and tried flashing the board. No luck. So I took the flashing software and started re-writing it. Then about after 1 day of re-writing the software I tried again. It flashed perfectly, Shut it off and turned it back on; It came on perfectly, all green, image on screen, THEN about 20 seconds later 3 RROD. So I am feed up with the blasted thing.

Now I just want to do some mod that will for sure fix it, I don’t care if it even plays games when I’m done. I considered gutting an old spare computer from work (I work at a computer shop) and putting the parts inside the Xbox case and turning it into a computer. I did the same thing with an Xbox 1 case. But I looked it up and it has been done.

So to my question what do any of you think I should do with it? Right now its sitting on my desk in a million pieces, I will do something with it just not sure what. Any of you got any ideas on what I should do with it?
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Red Ring of Death?
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:05 am

Since Microsoft manufactures the Xbox, I can only throw back my head and laugh.

idk what to do here, since I don't own an Xbox.

And yes, ccb, RROD means Red Ring of Death.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site