Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 am

finally fast report

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

finally fast report

Postby matsumo itsu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Hello i am here to actually say something about finally fast. It is a good program, found my errors just as hoped and promised, although It isn't free to get rid of the errors, Now i know "Oh but the scan is free" yes but is it really worth scanning if your current virus scanner doesn't notice it and you still got to buy finally fast? I don't think so. Then again my opinion.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:14 pm

Considering i can tune up a computer by myself, its not that good. For virus scanning, a good virus scanner will work just fine. For files that it found, upload them to one of the virus scanner aggregates that put the file up against 20 or so engines. If most of them think its a virus, then it probably is.

For getting rid of useless files, CCleaner does a great job of that. For example, after not scanning for a few months and tring out several trial programs, CCleaner got rid of around 1 GB of stuff. It can also get rid of useless stuff in your registry.

For system optimization, you can do the above first, then start getting rid of other junk:

-A very helpful program that will make optimizing windows so much easier is Autoruns. It doesn't need to install, made my Microsoft, extremely helpful, and organizes everything to make finding stuff easier.

-In Autoruns, start it and let it scan your compy. Should take a minute or two.

-#1: Goto the logon tab. This is all the stuff that starts when you turn your computer on. To prevent damage, goto Options>Hide Microsoft Entries. If you decide not to, be sure you know what your preventing from starting up, as you may damage your compy (for example, if you uncheck explorer.exe, your desktop and taskbar won't show up, leaving you staring at your background). For other stuff, uncheck at your discretion. On my computer, one thing i unchecked is SoundMaxPNP, because its not needed. Go through and remove things that you think aren't needed, but remember Google is your friend.

-#2: Goto Start>run and type services.msc. This is a list of all services on your computer. This is slightly more complicated, and you must take great care on what you remove. Some basic things are Faxing if you don't fax from your compy, Wireless Zero Config if you don't use wireless, Windows Firewall/ICS if you don't use windows firewall (you should uncheck this). Thier are tons of others you can disable, but be careful!

-#3: Download CCleaner. Very simple program, will remove tons of junk from your compy. Run both the HD cleaner and the registry cleaner.

-#4: A program i just discovered is Minimem which helps free up ram from ram hungry apps like Firefox. Very simple, comes with a guide.

-#5: Defrag your compy. While it might not be a big improvement, it helps.

With all this, Windows will run much faster. Thier is a last resort: reformatting your computer. I do it every few months, because windows collects junk, and no matter what program you install, it won't get rid of it. It takes a couple of hours for me, but is the best way to speed up a computer. Games like Halo didn't freeze at all and Rise Of Nations ran much faster and with less lag. While time consuming, is the way to recognize you might not need a new computer, the one you have is just fine.

-Xana's Fist/Lord.Quackstar
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter