Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:56 pm

Lyoko OS

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Re: Lyoko OS

Postby TheAppleFreak » Fri May 24, 2013 1:59 pm

TheLQ wrote:
TheAppleFreak wrote:It might be a good idea to branch a Linux desktop environment (I'm a personal fan of GNOME) and develop from there. That way, we achieve compatibility with most, if not all, Linux builds.

Custom theme? Unless we plan on adding custom functionality that's really all we need

If we do need to add in some additional functionality, we simply list some prerequisites in the PKGBUILD or in whatever repos we place it in.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Gadget » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Wow, Did not expect someone to post on this old topic.

As for the project, To clarify it was suppose to be a OS (Operating System) based in Linux that had the look and fell of the OS on the super computer.

This was not IFSCL and was never part of it, I also was never part of IFSCL, so you should give that credit to the people who worked on it.

The original concept was suppose to be based on ubuntu. My plan was to keep the basics of the UI and redesign it to be closer to the one in the show. IFSCL was awesome (and still is) but I wanted to have a fully functional OS.

I did start working on it, But at the time I was in college and did not have a lot of time. As for the project in the current state, When season 4 ended the forums all started to cool down a little. During that time I got a job in cyber security. With the Job, less on forums, I kind of let it slip behind and forgot about it. Really until this reminded me.

Maybe I will look at this project again, I downloaded the new flavor of ubuntu a few weeks ago, and I do not really care for unity in any way. It will give me a excuse to get rid of unity.
Gadget offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Gadget wrote:Wow, Did not expect someone to post on this old topic.

As for the project, To clarify it was suppose to be a OS (Operating System) based in Linux that had the look and fell of the OS on the super computer.

This was not IFSCL and was never part of it, I also was never part of IFSCL, so you should give that credit to the people who worked on it.

The original concept was suppose to be based on ubuntu. My plan was to keep the basics of the UI and redesign it to be closer to the one in the show. IFSCL was awesome (and still is) but I wanted to have a fully functional OS.

I did start working on it, But at the time I was in college and did not have a lot of time. As for the project in the current state, When season 4 ended the forums all started to cool down a little. During that time I got a job in cyber security. With the Job, less on forums, I kind of let it slip behind and forgot about it. Really until this reminded me.

Maybe I will look at this project again, I downloaded the new flavor of ubuntu a few weeks ago, and I do not really care for unity in any way. It will give me a excuse to get rid of unity.

Woah, a wild Gadget appears

Fedora is starting to get annoying but Unity is waaay worse. Replacing/modifying unity with SupercomputerOS would be amazing.

I can provide what help I can if needed btw
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Colinahscopy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:39 pm

We should definitely pick this up again! I wanted to have a summer project, but couldn't find anything. I'm willing to help with this!
Colin K.
-------------------
Colinahscopy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheAppleFreak » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm going to be creating some CL assets for a project I'm working on, so I can definitely help with this.

A GNOME modification shouldn't be too hard, I don't think.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline

Postby nick141 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:17 am

Any more progress? This is truly an awesome idea. Can I see what you already have, if not done? I have an idea for the boot sound. It is to use the Code Lyoko theme song.

nick141 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Previous