Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

Cookie problem with this site

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Cookie problem with this site

Postby Carth » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Uh...hi. I'm having a really wierd, exasperating problem, and I hope some of you smarter people have an inkling of what's going on.

A few weeks ago, my computer sort of sploded. Thankfully, nothing was harmed, but every since then, I've been having a wierd problem with LF, and LF only, on this computer only. I usually leave myself logged in all the time, but, even when I check the "always stay logged on" button, I'll find myself logged out after a while. Not only that, but I have to relog twice before it'll recognize me. I've cleared my cookies twice. Nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Want more details? :<
Carth offline

Postby ccbtimewiz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Barely any detail.

What OS? What browser?
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:17 pm

I knew I wasn't telling enough. Ok...Windows XP, and IE. Yes, I know that's a terrible combination. I wonder if I'm still logged on in Firefox...*goes to check*
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:34 pm

The same thing has been happening to me, on every browser I've been using. That's Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome. Don't ask me why I have three. Unless it logs me in automatically, I have to log in to the site twice.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ccbtimewiz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Well it's usually client side, so meaning its a problem with the configurations of your browsers rather than the site itself. I'm logged in fine and have been logging in fine for the past 2 or something tears now.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Tangent128 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:04 pm

I used to have a problem where as soon as I clicked one of the orange "first unread post" arrows, it would forget the status of the other threads. That's mysteriously cleared up in the last few weeks.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:11 pm

I'd also been logging in just fine, up until my computer went nuts. Considering that event, I thought it might have something to do with that. I'm using Firefox at the moment, and so far it hasn't logged me out, touch wood. Maybe you're right, and it has something to do with the browsers.

On an entirely other note, in a macabre way, I'm kind of happy my misery has company. 8D *hugs 422*
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:23 pm

*is hugged* I'm glad I can be of solace to you, I suppose. =D

I've been having this problem since the server/host switch that happened a few months ago, or whenever it was. I very rarely use Firefox, so perhaps I don't have the problem there. I'd go check but... meh. Too lazy, as always.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheAppleFreak » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:25 am

I've also experienced troubles logging into LF on my own laptop (Mac OSX 10.5.5, and Safari) and here at school (Windows XP SP2, and IE 7 and more often than not, Opera on a U3 flash drive).

It may have to do withyour browser settings. Sometimes, the filter settings can be very arrogant based on what you set it to. For example, on my phone, every time I want to go to voicemail, it prompts me three times for my passkey until it lets me on, even if it is the same thing each of those three times.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby TheLQ » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Add lyokofreak.net to your trusted sites. Then set the trusted sites bar all the way to the bottom.

Check to see what the cookie settings are. Is it deleting them when you exit?

Firefox kinda sucks. I only use it because IE crashes on my extremely slow computer. On the other hand, FF3 uses 90-110 MB of 256 MB RAM.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter