Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm

CL-related font "Xana Sans"

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

CL-related font "Xana Sans"

Postby Jeremified » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:33 am

Those working with Code Lyoko graphics may already be familiar with the bitmap font "Gunship Bitmap". It's only good for 10-point text because it gets pixelly at larger sizes. Hence I've made my own version of the font, named Xana Sans, using FontStruct. The edges are smoothed out so it works well at all resolutions.

Right now the letter and number glyphs are pretty much finalized, but the punctuation still needs some work. I've also noticed that the rounded edges look a bit distorted. Part of this problem is the fact that it's optimized for Flash, rather than regular font usage. I'll see what I can do about that.
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:12 am

Err... you can download, like, six different TrueType versions of Gunship from the creator's website.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Oran » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:15 am

Since the font is called "XANA Sans" would it be difficult to include a special glyph for The Eye of XANA?

Oran offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Jeremified » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:33 am

Tangent128 wrote:Err... you can download, like, six different TrueType versions of Gunship from the creator's website.

Oh... I never really bothered to look at the original website. :/
So I should probably take this down, then?

EDIT: Also, the asterisk is a Xana eye glyph. You and I were thinking on the same page apparently, Oran. :)
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak