Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 pm

computer virus

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

computer virus

Postby SakuraHajimari » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 pm

Hey my friend got a virus and is getting worried since his anti-virus won't delete the virus and he can't reformat since he can't find the windows xp discs and refuses to tell anyone in his family. What should he do?

SakuraHajimari offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby TheLQ » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:24 pm

This should go in technical discussion...

What program does he use? I would recomend getting AVG temporarily and scanning your computer. Also, it could be a false positive. If he has the path to the file, first see if its good by uploading it to one of those virus scanner aggrigators that have 20 diffrent programs scan the file and see if its good. If a majority says its bad, then manually delete it, or get the file unlocker program and delete it.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:02 am

In order to effectively bugfix your computer system, you need to provide more information on the system itself.

What OS? You made mention of a Windows XP disc, so I'm assuming it's Windows XP? Am I right to this assumption? Perhaps a list of the system specs and list of programs/processes currently running would be helpful?

Likewise-- what anti-virus is your "friend" running? Is this anti-virus also stable in doing anti-amlware and anti-spyware?

What exactly is this "virus" you speak of? The name of it? What processes it uses, and what it effects in the system?

Without this information, I can't accurately help you.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby matsumo itsu » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Hello i am the friend that asked her to post this for me, i just now managed to find a temporary solution, i am in safe mode, so i ran a virus scan, nothing i use nortan anti virus, It says no virus, but when i start my computer(windows Xp by the way) a program pops up and is called antivirus08 my background shows a picture and says it has two viruses and says press here to fix it,(background cant click anything)now back to the antivirus08 i checked the startup to see if that made it pop up and its not there, i have deleted it the best i can but it still shows up.oh and sakura thanks for postin a little help message from me.

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:20 pm

It's spyware-- try using anti-spyware programs to get rid of it. A good free program would be anti-malware by malwarebyte.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby matsumo itsu » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:29 pm

I have managed to block it but i still to the smallest extent have a virus still, i am just going to reformat, I am going to buy it(15 bucks from a friends dad =)) and just reinstall my antivirus and all that so i won't have any virus,

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ccbtimewiz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:27 pm

Reformatting the entire harddrive is quite unnecessary IMO, but regardless, at least you were able to solve the problem in its entirety.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby matsumo itsu » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:13 pm

I have fixed most of it, i can not change my background unless by internet picture, and i still have a virus but cant run a full virus scan to get rid of it,my flash was disabled and i can't get it cause the virus,

matsumo itsu offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter