Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 am

Music Making Software

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Music Making Software

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Now as for the modern remake of Angel Island from Sonic 3 (which is Demon Island), that by far is the most disturbing warped/twisted thing I've ever witnessed. It resembles Angel Island Act 2 from Sonic 3, but there is a giant alien (demon) round blue beetle on a giant mound of dirt with a black grooved face which makes grunting noises that sound like "breeeee."

This beetle possesses demonic alien essence and is beyond wicked and disturbing. When you encounter this beetle, it is a very intense disturbing scenario as Sonic senses the alien essence of this beetle as the black grooved face of it is shown up close and grunting "breeeee."

The Devil created this beetle and is the Devil's pet (sent to Demon Island). Sonic begs with all his tormented soul that the Devil takes this alien beetle away back to the Devil's home.

I had a nightmare about this alien beetle in a place that had a background that looked just like that of Angel Island Act 2 and I made this nightmare come alive in Sonic. Though this is quite strange, I had Silver confront this alien beetle (since Silver in my story possesses god-like angel powers from the future in order to overcome this demon beetle).

But later, this demon beetle becomes purified by Silver and becomes one of God's angels. Demons are said to be God's angels under Satan's spell. Silver in my story has the power to return demons back into angels. And Demon Island later returns back to Angel Island.

Even though I make my nightmares come alive to other people, I have ways of making positive (but disturbing) stories of them.
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Exploder » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 pm

If you're looking for traditional music (instrumental and such) then Finale is the way to go. However, finale costs about 600 bucks. There is a free version that is limited on instrumentation and what you can do, but it's quite useful (and if you know what you're doing you can record music off of it's built in playback). www.finale.com

If you have a mac, then by far GarageBand is the best for what you're probably trying to do. It's just amazing.

There's also a plethora of basic audio editing programs available, such as Audacity (which i'm sure you've heard of), among others. With a bit of practice you can mix clips from existing music into a very nice sounding combination.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:30 pm

"Alien X: The Power of Reasoning"

Ben becomes Alien X once again, but this time he becomes trapped within Alien X. As a result, when Alien X transforms back, all that's left is the Omnitrix--Ben is trapped inside the Omnitrix. Gwen puts on the Omnitrix and transforms into Alien X. She reasons with the two masks in her Anodite form (since she possesses a much clear mind and train of thought in order to reason with them). But in the end, a deal is made to return Ben. Anodite Gwen chooses to become the new voice of reason within Alien X in order to bring back Ben.

Once the deal is made, Ben transforms back with his Omnitrix on. However, this time, Gwen is trapped inside the Omnitrix. As a result, if Ben were to transform into Alien X, he can use Alien X's power through the use of Gwen's reasonings. Ben can even transform into Alien X just to contact with Gwen.

Now because Gwen has yet to complete the rest of her years of training in her Anodite form, Alien X uses his powers to warp reality so that one minute in the real world is equal to 1 year within Alien X. The masks create an illusion of the Anodite world for her to train with her illusionary grandmother. However, Gwen eventually loses it and intends on destroying the two masks because of their constant bickering and not letting her go.

The masks become frightened and create a portal to the real world (a portal that only allows thought communication with her friends). Anodite Gwen completes the rest of her training through the sympathy and encouragement of her friends.

In the end, the masks become encouraged by Gwen and her contact with her friends. The masks learn something from Gwen and become reasonable at last. As a result, the masks bestow a power upon Gwen that surpasses even Alien X himself--which is the ability to reason with all aliens in her Anodite form. Gwen has now become the true voice of reasoning. It's not just ingenious thoughts of reason that are communicated, but pure emotion itself. It would take an incredible villian beyond words of power to deny such thoughts and emotion.

Once bestowed with this new power, the masks set Gwen free. Gwen has fully controlled her Anodite form and has the power to reason with all aliens, and Ben can now use Alien X without reasoning with those masks since they have now reasoned with themselves. However, there is a downside to using Alien X which is that too much reality warping will disrupt the universe.

Now Alien X's power of warping reality has been reduced as to not disrupt the universe and also because a fraction of his power has been given to Gwen (which is her voice of reasoning). (NOTE: Alien X can warp reality in many ways, but not in such a way that makes aliens reasonable with one another. This is a special power given to Gwen).

Now Anodite Gwen's power of reasoning is linked to Alien X (who is linked with the Omnitrix). So every alien that Anodite Gwen reasons with (it has to be an alien that is out of harmony such as the Hybrid), this alien becomes a new alien in Ben's Omnitrix since the Omnitrix symbolizes the harmony of the unity of aliens. Gwen can even use her power of reasoning with aliens in other universes and from other eras of time.

(FINAL NOTE: I'm thinking that the new power given to Gwen will be the power of reasoning. If not, then maybe it will be the power of "Black Light" which is the fusion of light and dark (the forces of light and dark working together--darkness that acts as light). If the two masks were to fuse together within Alien X, that will create this power. With this power, Gwen would have some sort of black magic. And if the two masks were to fuse together, they would be on opposite sides of each other and would spin around very fast which will create the power of Black Light, resulting in Alien X screaming high picth like a woman (which is the mask of love) being combined with the scream of anger. Once Alien X has the power of Black Light, that makes Ben gothic with his Omnitrix altered in a gothic fashion, with all of his aliens being goth (example given, Gothic Chill who can freeze things in black ice with his black ice breath. Alien X can even bestow this power of black light onto other people, transforming them into gothic versions of themselves).
Last edited by Astro-Xana on Sat May 09, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:07 pm

You could probably put together a MIDI file by hand... :nyeh!:
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Exploder » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:37 am

Finale is capable of doing so. Think of it as a huge lego set, except the blocks are different notes and instruments. The free version is somewhat limited in the selection of instruments, but the full version has all sorts of brass, woodwind, percussion, keyboard, and other instruments. If you're looking to compose some music with an electronic feel, Finale can do that too, as long as you have a basic understanding of how to read music. I could give you a crash course if you need one.
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:02 pm

Exploder wrote:If you're looking for traditional music (instrumental and such) then Finale is the way to go. However, finale costs about 600 bucks. There is a free version that is limited on instrumentation and what you can do, but it's quite useful (and if you know what you're doing you can record music off of it's built in playback). www.finale.com

If you have a mac, then by far GarageBand is the best for what you're probably trying to do. It's just amazing.

There's also a plethora of basic audio editing programs available, such as Audacity (which i'm sure you've heard of), among others. With a bit of practice you can mix clips from existing music into a very nice sounding combination.

So is Finale the best music making software for Windows in terms of making music from scratch? As for GarageBand for Mac, isn't that only used for making remixes and not actually making your own music? Because I want to be completely original (creative) in making music and not actually just doing remixes or only just using already existing pieces of music. And as for the Mac, isn't Logic Studio the exact same as Finale for Windows?

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet