Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:27 am

The Hermitage

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Hermitage

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:56 pm

Ok well... My friend had this site opened up for awhile, but never got too many people who are active so that is why Ia m asking you "LyokoFreakers" to join the website! You will be doing me a big favor and the owner a big favor, and there is a lot of updates needed, but I will get everything updated!

Here is the Link:

http://codelyokonet.proboards78.com/index.cgi

................. lllll
...............llllllllllllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
REPOST THIS iF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL.
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby TheLQ » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:27 pm

You should tell your friends some things he can improve with his forum:

1) Don't have the Code Xana image in front of every forum. Choose different ones or get rid of them.
2) Get hosting. Now this isn't as important as with other forum generators, because you have an easy to remember link. But you can do more with your own space. Lyokofreak could just have this domain, but they expanded, using the space they had.

'Thats all i have now
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm

Xana's Fist wrote:You should tell your friends some things he can improve with his forum:

1) Don't have the Code Xana image in front of every forum. Choose different ones or get rid of them.
2) Get hosting. Now this isn't as important as with other forum generators, because you have an easy to remember link. But you can do more with your own space. Lyokofreak could just have this domain, but they expanded, using the space they had.

'Thats all i have now

Well the Code XANA image is for no new posts and for new posts is Code Lyoko Video thing for new posts and The owner is making the video one of Code: XANA!

And the Hosting part I am working on that now.
................. lllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: I am in my own little world in my head during class during school fighting for my and everyones life

Postby Jeremie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Can't host my forum on a dif suver. See it is a proboard. thankx for you info i do somemore work on it.
<a href="http://codelyokonet.proboards78.com/index.cgi?" target="_blank">Code Lyoko Forums</a>
<a href="http://www.veoh.com/users/koga1976a"
Jeremie offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:24 am

Maa, that's a lot of.... ugh...
The first thing that came to mind: Waaaaay too many images. The animated gifs are distracting, and it doesn't help that each one slows down my loading time exponentially...

On top of that, the Rules are impeccably illegible. That means spacing between each rules, fluent -heck- CAPITAL LETTERS.

In addition... the mods and admins can spam if they want to, it kinda makes you sound more like a 10 year old little brother at his birthday party.

And not to be picky, but there seems to be a small overload on subforums. Not that that isn't a bad thing, but seeing as you have 10 members and 18 forums, it's a bit too much. There's no reason you could simplify these categories a bit, then introduce new ones as the need increases, or find a forum format that allows subcategories.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Yumi Ulrich » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:37 am

AngelBolt wrote:Maa, that's a lot of.... ugh...
The first thing that came to mind: Waaaaay too many images. The animated gifs are distracting, and it doesn't help that each one slows down my loading time exponentially...

On top of that, the Rules are impeccably illegible. That means spacing between each rules, fluent -heck- CAPITAL LETTERS.

In addition... the mods and admins can spam if they want to, it kinda makes you sound more like a 10 year old little brother at his birthday party.

And not to be picky, but there seems to be a small overload on subforums. Not that that isn't a bad thing, but seeing as you have 10 members and 18 forums, it's a bit too much. There's no reason you could simplify these categories a bit, then introduce new ones as the need increases, or find a forum format that allows subcategories.

Ok... I will fix the rules up and for the sub-forums is fo Like video games and that why have different games in a specific category it just make looking easyier and I put a lot of the forums in so we can get more people, becasue there isn't that many and people might be discouraged to post something they wanted to do or people think the forum is run down.
................. lllll
..................lllll
..................lllll
Yumi Ulrich offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant