Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:25 pm

Lyoko-based Futaba-type Board: Tips? Tricks? Demand?

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Lyoko-based Futaba-type Board: Tips? Tricks? Demand?

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:24 am

Just wondering what sort of resources it would take to create a CL-themed anonymous image board, and what demand there is for one. I figure there IS a demand, since we get saged to heck on any existing image board whose cartoon sections would technically include Code Lyoko.

On last count, on 4chan's worksafe boards alone:

- It's not Japanese, so can't go in /a/
- /co/ hates it for the most part
- XANA's monsters look too organic for /m/
- The /v/ outings sucked (at least, in the gaming sense)
- The toyline barely existed, so /toy/ may not be very receptive
- The factory's been torn down, so we can't recommend it to /trv/
- The new /n/ (transportation) prefers Nice Boats that travel above water
- The music is okay, but /mu/ would probably rip the English lyrics apart (and are perfectly justified in doing so, but that's another thread)
- /g/ (technology) doesn't do pseudoscience

In short, if the CL community at large is going to be able to discuss the show and related elements within the confines of an anonymous image board, we'll have to make our own. Any pointers? Takers? Detractors?
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby SilverPrince » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:37 pm

Well... there aren't that many Code Lyoko images. How long could one last until it became a bunch of the same stuff over and over again with some new screenshots thrown in every now and then? Y'know, like most of the image boards.

I can't imagine that's there's a huge demand for one, either. There are plenty of places for CL fans to discuss things, and as I said above, throwing images into said discussions won't last long.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:28 am

Personally, I always thought the lack of images was due to suppression of demand by an ignorant general public. Then again, it would turn into a massive stagnation effect for 4HEADS - even more so for BKO counterpart RULE34HEADS.
My SN is spelled Feld, not Field. Keep getting it right, Carth.
I has opinions. On things.

Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN: Because if you're gonna ninja while wearing orange, you may as well quit taking the rest of it seriously.
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member