Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:10 am

LF's Policy on circumventing access controls

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

LF's Policy on circumventing access controls

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:57 am

Right.

Um, guys, we'd really appreciate that you <i><u>not</u></i> use LF's TD forum, or any of the forums here to try and find ways around your school firewalls.

We really appreciate that you guys want to be dedicated forum-goers and log on here during your free time at school, but we cannot risk getting into trouble with your respective school institutions by encouraging you guys to "navigate around their firewalls". That could be considered a form of hacking by your school administration and believe me, it'll not only get you guys into trouble but it could easily get LF into some serious trouble as well.

So I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask that no further threads be made asking about ways to crack firewalls, and all present threads will be locked. It's easy enough to just Google that information anyway, so I'd start searching there.

Sorry again guys, but it is for the safety of the forum. ^^;
Last edited by Mewberries151 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:00 am

On Mew's note of Googling things, I've been a nice admin and gone ahead and done a little of the legwork for you. Below are some sites that can help you in your <s>nefarious</s> mission; any others can be found through Google and precise entry of your search terms. However...

LYOKO FREAK AND ITS MEMBERS AND STAFF ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TROUBLE YOU MAY GET IN TO. DO NOT COME CRYING TO US IF YOU GET BUSTED FOR ONE, OR ANY, OF THE FOLLOWING METHODS.

There. That being said, have at it.

http://www.stuntdubl.com/2006/01/15/how ... -firewall/

http://www.buzzsurf.com/surfatwork/

http://triponic.com/guidestutorials/how ... k-filters/

http://www.wikihow.com/Discussion:Bypas ... ool-Filter

http://www.techwarelabs.com/community/s ... php?t=9637

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/answers2/fr ... 148AACInFC
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Colinahscopy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:22 pm

The only problem with all of these "ways to get around the firewalls" is that WebSense, and many other protection programs, get "stronger" and block these things and block them under "Proxy Advoidance".
Colin K.
-------------------
Colinahscopy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TheLQ » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:51 am

tymeguy16 wrote:The only problem with all of these "ways to get around the firewalls" is that WebSense, and many other protection programs, get "stronger" and block these things and block them under "Proxy Advoidance".

If so, shouldn't someone rename this topic. Any IT person looking at lyokofreak will see hacking school firewalls and block the site.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DELETED » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 pm

DELETED

DELETED offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:41 pm

*sighs and modifies the topic header* There. That should at least prompt them to think that we actually <i>don't</i> support hacking. ^_-
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FènéethxAelita » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:34 am

mostly because so few people know about Lyokofreak, blocking is unlikely, they still haven't blocked it after 1.7 yrs on my school network.
"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Borg Collective
FènéethxAelita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Location: Chimera rally in U.K., in Tamriel, kicking daedra ***, or in Lyoko, protecting Aelita (who else?)

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Some school networks, however, block all forms pf PHP language except ones on allownace lists, set by teachers.

Either way, just wait a minute, and go on when you're at home, okay? We're not gonna have any school flunkies here, oh no... Yer gonna work... Muahahaha...

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Nightsabre » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 pm

I personally owned my schools entire network. I had the passwords to everything... the marvels of social engineering. (Plus I was in a smaller private school so it wasn't as big of a deal) But I don't condone any sort of hacking / bypassing of your schools security software. Either way it comes down if you can't wait to get on a specific website at school you most likely don't need to be going there during school.
Nightsabre offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Kamekai » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:06 pm

Nightsabre wrote:I personally owned my schools entire network. I had the passwords to everything... the marvels of social engineering. (Plus I was in a smaller private school so it wasn't as big of a deal) But I don't condone any sort of hacking / bypassing of your schools security software. Either way it comes down if you can't wait to get on a specific website at school you most likely don't need to be going there during school.

*coughIhavetheadmin'spasswordtoowaytogouscough* ;)
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby lyoko is great » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:45 am

I also think hacking is wrong plus i don't need to bypass the college computer systems to get to Lyoko Freak anyway.
lyoko is great offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid