Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am

Lyoko Fan Project Wiki

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Kamekai » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Ooh, that's a good idea. I'd like to mull over the source, too. :3

Btw, Tangent, your sigchat's broken. D:

EDIT: Nevermind. It's my school's gay proxy. >.>
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:30 pm

OK, try this: http://tangent128.110mb.com/Wiki11.zip

If you have a web server with PHP5 with SQLite2 enabled, it should work. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Feel free to ask questions.

--
Technical Notes:

Backend:
wiki.php - checks input, takes appropriate action, either outputs page source in XML or includes "client-xslt.php" or "client-scrpt.php".
database.php - adds pages to database, fetches pages & history data from database. Could be rewritten to use MySQL or some other database without affecting other files, except for "setup.php".
setup.php - creates a table in the database to hold the wiki pages.

Skin:
client-xslt.php - just outputs an XSLT style sheet to transform the XML into HTML.
client-css.php - included by "client-xslt.php" as an inline CSS stylesheet for the HTML, just separated for organization.
client-script.php - the Javascript code used by the HTML- shows/hides the editor, checks that a name's been entered.
client-parser.php - included by "client-script.php"; converts the wiki markup into HTML. Most other wikis do this on the server, but I offload it onto the client.
resources/ - folder to hold image files used for the skin.
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:11 am

wow, nice.

things you should consider:
1)you have alot of redundant code, try to fix that
2)if your going to code this with multiple databases, look at phpBB2's database.php file.
3)i'm still working on it, because i'm used to using mysql, but watch out for sql injection. i'll figure it out this weekend
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:21 am

I've tried to avoid injection, by using the escape functions. If my web host supported PDO, I'd totally switch to that. (Hmm... maybe I should test it again...)

Which parts would you consider redundant?
(yeah, the cool links in my old sig died. :( A few nerdy newish projects are here. )
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Sql injection? I don't see why anyone would bother hacking a random little wiki, but... you never know. And man, I still haven't had the chance to take a look at that source. And right now I'm at school. Ah well. I'll look through it later.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:51 pm

Never underestimate the number of jerks online; I've taken all precautions I can think of, though.
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Tangent128 wrote:Never underestimate the number of jerks online; I've taken all precautions I can think of, though.

Maybe later I'll take a crack at it and see if I can find any holes. :3
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:50 pm

first, would you mind making a copy of the script and database that we can screw around with. i'd like not to destroy your actual database.

if your wondering why i can't use it, its because xampp isn't packaged with sqllite.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:25 pm

XAMPP has it (I use it for testing, in fact); you just need to enable it.

Go to /apache/bin/php.ini and make sure the line
Code: Select all
extension=php_sqlite.dll

is uncommented.

If you still need me to clone it, let me know; might be a bit, as I need to finish some English.
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheLQ » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:02 am

hmm..., looks pretty good on the outside. i'm not familiar with xml, prefering javascript. you don't try to fix the times you directly insert stuff into an xml statment, which you could use to maybe screw up something.

also, one thing you don't fix is that people can insert code into the edit box. might try to take out the <and>'s.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Tangent128 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:13 am

Actually, the edit box input is escaped before being stored; thus, angle brackets can be used for non-HTML purposes.

Code: Select all
<b>sumthin</b>

would display literally.

However, the client-side script will unescape <object>,<embed>, and <param> tags, to support embedding YouTube/Photobucket videos, SVG games, and other such stuff. (Actually, there is one bug to look at there- the Javascript doesn't check that those tags are closed, so if you forget to close them, the entire article fails to display.)

I'm pretty sure that the data going into the XML is safe, but it couldn't hurt to check that no quotes/angle brackets/non-entity amperstands can get in there.
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Thoughts...

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:39 am

Think the wiki could use a rename? The current one is sorta dull.

It's settled into primarily a collection of CL-related and LF-related humor, so perhaps something like Crack: LYOKO? (Obviously, serious stuff would still be allowed, and could inspire another rename if it takes over.)

Name ideas? Votes for/against?
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:44 am

Crack Lyoko sounds like a druggie-anonymous site.

How about...Tangent's Super Awesome Wiki of Joy, Happiness and sunshine?

Avvy by Tangent, as well as the button

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:18 am

Better to leave my name out of things. :blush:
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Why? You made it...

Okay, how about THE Super Awesome Wiki of Joy, Happiness, and Sunshine?

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Location: Doin barrel rolls while usin bombs wisely and the boost to catch up. Can't do that, can you Starfox?

Postby LyokoMan95 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:38 am

How about "THE Super Awesome Wiki of Joy, Happiness, and Sunshine With a Hint of XANA"?
LyokoMan95 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Tangent128 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:07 am

Hate to necro, but apart from some ninjaing by Grampy, the wiki's been kinda dead lately. Anything that could be done with it?

It's on a free account, so I have absolutely no problem with just leaving it up, but it just looks kinda lonely and I want to make it happier...
Tangent128 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby JesusFreak » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Tangent128 wrote:Hate to necro, but apart from some ninjaing by Grampy, the wiki's been kinda dead lately. Anything that could be done with it?

It's on a free account, so I have absolutely no problem with just leaving it up, but it just looks kinda lonely and I want to make it happier...

I could like, post summaries of Carth's fanfics, if she'd let me. Not in a Grampy way, but for reals.

JesusFreak offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous