Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am

team-lyokoNET

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

team-lyokoNET

Postby adrimarie » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:20 pm

I had another thread about domain name suggestions earlier, but this is the sorta-kinda "final product" of my new site:

http://team-lyoko.net

Let me explain... it's a bit of a mix--- it's an informational fansite of sorts (not necessarily a Jeremie fansite), it's also a "roleplaying" blog (in Jeremie's point of view), and in some cases a little bit of "fanfiction" here and there (it's mainly in the blog entries, kind of like a quick "in between" thoughts from one "blog-entry-style episode summary" to the next. The site pretty much contains a lot of spoilers, but because all the entries/summaries are in Jeremie's point of view, the "summary" entries are not in full detail (for instance, I didn't mention much about the Ulrich & Yumi "sweet" scenes, etc. etc.--- unless if Jeremie was around during those scenes ^^). I got the blog idea from "XANA Awakens" where he was writing on his online (?) blog/diary so I thought of creating this site based around that idea. x.x

I got the screencaps from other sites, YouTube (mainly for Season 2 & 3), and from my DVDs (I have the entire Season 1 DVD), but I won't be having any gallery section planned (I think we have too many of them ^^). Maybe I would, who knows. ^^

I try to be as accurate as I can without completely spoiling everything... I even tried to sound like Jeremie too, which I do think it's quite difficult too. ^^

It's not complete as you can see. Hopefully I would be able to put up entries for all 60+ eps before March (when Season 4 comes out). I tried to "synchronize" the dates between this site and the actual series, which is why I took the automated date codes in Wordpress so no one would be confused with the "inaccuracy" of the dates (then again I'm sure the dates I used are inaccurate anyway ^^).

Feedback and suggestions allowed and very appreciated. Thanks! ^_^
adrimarie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Osiris » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:37 pm

hmm i think this is pretty good its differnt from the 1,000,000 ither fansites out there and you have done a good job of it keep it up ^_^
<b>My Youtube Videos!!!</b> www.youtube.com/clagnuts
Osiris offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:37 pm

I like it ^^ It's really well thought out, and shows promise. The only real 'problem' I noticed was referring to Aelita as "Aelita Hopper" in the bio section. Jeremie wouldn't know about her human side yet, would he? *blinks*
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:44 pm

Its good. I like it.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyokofreak » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:29 pm

Very professional-looking website and not too many things plastered all over the place. You get a 10/10 on the site.

I'm glad to see someone finally made a website that isn't so shiny it strains your eyes lol.
How to write an infinite Jesus pwns loop in PHP:
while($_SERVER[PHP_SELF])
{
echo "Jesus pwns!";
}
Lyokofreak offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby adrimarie » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:05 am

CBIzumi wrote:The only real 'problem' I noticed was referring to Aelita as "Aelita Hopper" in the bio section. Jeremie wouldn't know about her human side yet, would he? *blinks*

I know that. I do plan to post all the entries based on the episodes while we wait for Season 4 so it's like I'd post 1 entry/summary of sorts per day (or every other day) until I put up all 65 (?) of them... at least by the time Season 4 arrives, the site should be "up to date". I was also debating on this one too on whether I should update along as the entries are posted. I guess I wanted to take care of the "general info" first. ^^

If you have any suggestions on how to improve this it'd be very appreciated. ^^

Very professional-looking website and not too many things plastered all over the place. You get a 10/10 on the homepage.

Thanks. :) I don't like too many things plastered all over either. ^^

I wish I knew Wordpress's semantics more so I would be able to create my own layout instead of modifying an existing theme (the only thing I did there is the "Team Lyoko" graphic banner on top--- everything else are just slightly modified from a default theme). ^^;
adrimarie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

1-Year Anniversary....?

Postby adrimarie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:57 am

I know, I realize that I'm part-necroposting and part-double-posting, but I have no choice but to do these to make this thread active again, at least, just for this one time.

It's been exactly a year from the first time I posted about Team Lyoko, ever since then I abandoned the project due to lack of inspiration, hectic real-life schedules, and other projects (being an admin in Lyoko Geniuses and being an occasional part-time mod in Tech Links). But sometime in mid-November I somehow found my inspiration again in going back and redo the entire "Jeremie blog" project. This time, I had some help from some nice people from both forums (Lyoko Geniuses and Tech Links) that convinced me to expand the project. In other words, Team Lyoko is no longer just a blog based on Jeremie, but a lot more...

The Jeremie blog now has a new URL (still needs major updates though) - http://jeremie.team-lyoko.net

Along with Jeremie's blog, we also have blogs for the rest of the gang...
Odd - http://odd.team-lyoko.net
Yumi - http://yumi.team-lyoko.net
Ulrich - http://ulrich.team-lyoko.net
Aelita - http://aelita.team-lyoko.net

(all powered by Wordpress, all default-themed modified--- I'm still trying to study Wordpress's template tags system so I would seriously be able to make my own custom skins)

The Odd blog actually started early 2007 but due to lack of time and inspiration, it was also abandoned, but it's also being worked on with the updates as well.

The Yumi, Ulrich, and Aelita blogs are all fresh and new. ^_^

Team Lyoko RP ( http://board.team-lyoko.net ) - This is an RPing forum that was created back in December 2006. I actually promoted this on a separate thread but I didn't succeed in winning any "attention," and sadly, it's also a dying forum as well (lack of members despite numerous plugs x.x). I'm using the SMF system, which it has a default feature that actually disables a user from posting his/her post when a fresh, new post was just posted before that user was about to post (I know I'm sounding confusing here), which is very useful for RPing altogether. What I mean to say is that the players here will not be "stepping over each other" with their actions in response to the previous action posted. The poster will be forced to read the new post first so that his/her current post will be edited to follow the flow of the thread. I hope I'm making some sense here....

Team Lyoko Stories ( http://fanfiction.team-lyoko.net ) - I first started working on this project back in September 2006. I'm using the eFiction fanfiction hosting engine for this one. I know there is FF.net and LFF, but I didn't create this site in order to "compete" with any of those current fanfiction sites. I just wanted one of my own as I am a fanfic writer myself, in hopes of further expanding fanfiction creativity among our fellow fan friends. It also hosts original fiction (for those fanfic writers who may have original stories that they're currently writing) as well as commentary (essays, opinions about issues, etc.).

All of them are pretty much ready to go, though there are still some bits and pieces that are still needed to be worked on. The Updates blog should give you more info regarding these projects from time to time.

And that's all I wanted to say. I hope you'd give me and my site a chance by visiting or say hello or any form of acknowledgment (like comments, questions, etc. etc.) would be very appreciated. ^^;
adrimarie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby ccbtimewiz » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Wow Adri, you sure have out-done yourself! These are great! :D
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby twilightchaos09 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:52 pm

Heh, awesome site's you have there, Adri. I hope to see more in the blogs. And the new story site should be fun as well. ^.^

twilightchaos09 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby ccbtimewiz » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 am

The site's been updated quite a bit.
ccbtimewiz offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member