Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:44 am

Strange happenings this morning

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Strange happenings this morning

Postby Chad Rains » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:58 am

So I wake up pretty early this morning around 8AM EST. My usual tasks for the morning involve jumping on my laptop really quick, check email and all the forum reply notifications that entail, jump on LyokoMUSH and say my quick hi's before taking a shower and getting some breakfast.

Needless to say I havent taken my shower or gotten breakfast yet. After I had cleared all my LF emails I tried to jump on lyokomush.com and see if any new posts had popped up there. no dice. times out. Pop open simplemu and get the same deal. Traceroute the site and it stops right where the dsl modem should be on the opposite end so its either a case of the modem mysteriously lost power in the middle of the night or it could have very easily changed ip addresses (again, ugh!) and Kharaa hasnt had a chance to update the domain yet and the old ip just happens to have nobody home right now.

So getting that mess cleared up for the time being, I try to jump on Tech Links and see whats going on. Now I get these forbidden messages everywhere.

Have I somehow been tossed into the twilight zone today? Does LF have any unplanned downtime today? :P
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Re: Strange happenings this morning

Postby MY85 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:13 pm

Vchat 2.0 wrote:So getting that mess cleared up for the time being, I try to jump on Tech Links and see whats going on. Now I get these forbidden messages everywhere.

Have I somehow been tossed into the twilight zone today? Does LF have any unplanned downtime today? :P

I can't access TechLinks either.

Hope it doesn't go the same way at LF.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Odd675 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:32 pm

I think about the 404 forbidden..we may ask Wartonchan about the missed page?
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Chad Rains » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:40 pm

...what missed page?

Tech Links: very possibly some screwed up server issue because every page I try shows 403 forbidden.

LM: The server is not accessible at all because a traceroute goes as far as where the dsl modem on the server should be and times out. as well, even if the website wasnt working I should still be able to access the mush and I cant.

and for future reference for those who are actually regulars on LM, the only reason why lyokomush.com doesnt work, but radio.lyokomush.com does is because they lead to two totally different servers in which radio.lyokomush.com is my own.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Odd675 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:53 pm

Odd675 wrote:I think about the 404 forbidden..we may ask Wartonchan about the missed page?

I mean, the admin of Tech Links
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:00 pm

Yeah, we all know wartonchan's the Tech Links Admin. And TL is working again.

As for LyokoMUSH, go check how it's going at TL.

The thread has served its purpose, so I'm locking it. Unless VChat 2.0 objects to the locking (PM me for that) and needs to say something else to this.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline