Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 am

Yep. Lani's an idiot.

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Yep. Lani's an idiot.

Postby Lani » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:48 am

Okay, this happened a while ago, but now it's REALLY starting to bother me, and since you're all geniuses and you know you love me... 8D help? xD;;

Since I'm too lazy to type out my dilemma, I'll just quote myself from ... a magical place:

My wonderful, beautiful, amazing, narcissist self... wrote:We had just bought a printer/scanner/copier (I need a new name for that...), and I was having way too much fun with it. I'd scan random pictures just to say "Transfer, Scanner, Virtualization! Muahahaha!" Then I'd delete it. But that's totally beside the point.

One day, my mom tells me to copy this one thing for her work. So instead of copying, I scan it, saying I can fix it up so it'll look professional-ish. So I spent some time fixing it, stuck about 20 pieces of paper into the printer part of the priscapier (that's my name for it. Fear me) and hit print. I look away for one second, and look back, and the printer had grabbed about 3 pages and was printing it all weird. I was like, "o_O; OMG! WTF?! STOP!" So I hit all the buttons on the priscapier, and nothing happened. And on total impulse I pulled the papers out by force, and the extra ones too. >>;

Today, the priscapier doesn't work anymore. Whenever I turn it on, it says "There is an error, blah blah blah. Please delete any print jobs and foreign objects from the machine. Turn it off and try again." Or something like that.

xDD;; Anyone know how to fix? Or should I go... ask for professional help? Or completely replace it? o_o;;
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Metrion » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:05 am

Please delete any print jobs

Do you still have that print job still qued to be printed? My printer screws up whenever something else is waiting to be printed.

Edit: Though you could've messed it up by ripping all the paper out of it. o_0
Bang, baby.
Metrion offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lani » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:11 am

Nope, I deleted every print job in existance and it still doesn't work. And yes, I DO think that ripping the paper out screwed the poor priscapier up. xD;; I think I need a lesson on common sense...
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Metrion » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:13 am

Lani wrote:Nope, I deleted every print job in existance and it still doesn't work. And yes, I DO think that ripping the paper out screwed the poor priscapier up. xD;; I think I need a lesson on common sense...

I think that if you can't figure out what's wrong with it, to troubleshoot by calling the company and so on... Don't try spending a lot of money getting it fixed, though. It's not worth it. Just buy a completely new one if it gets that bad.
Bang, baby.
Metrion offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Lani » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:16 am

Yeah, I'll probably do that xD; I'll wait a little to see what others have to suggest before doing anything quite yet, thought. :O

Thanks much for the help~
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Metrion » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:19 am

No problem. I'll see if there's anything on google that can help.
Bang, baby.
Metrion offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant