Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:21 pm

Putting my fics on my own site.... Help?

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Putting my fics on my own site.... Help?

Postby Alex » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:57 pm

I want to put my fanfics on my website... I have no idea how to get CSS and such to work, though. Can anyone offer me a bit of help and/or advice?
I am the one known as NeoDude in a past life.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:16 pm

Hmm...Technical Discussion might be a better spot for this. Alot of people with website know-how would be able to help you there, I'm sure. Would you like me to move this thread for you? ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:24 pm

Sure, why not..... *sigh*
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:34 pm

Alright...I wish I could help you on this topic myself, but I have little to know skills with HTML and website making. However, I know X1's site has fanfics on it as well as a few others who's sites are found in TD. I'm sure one of them could help you out. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 pm

*bump* Can anyone help me with this one? I can find color codes and such on my own, but I don't know how to program in CSS, and very little of HTML.
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:26 pm

Maybe you wanna ask Vchat20 about it. He made a fanfic forum for CL fanfics. If that helps... sorry I'm helpless.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 pm

NeoDude0 wrote:*bump* Can anyone help me with this one? I can find color codes and such on my own, but I don't know how to program in CSS, and very little of HTML.

You can do a simple google search on CSS and HTML coding. Any specific questions, and you can ask me again.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:20 pm

Heh... happened to be good advice, x1. After half an hour, I can change the font and the background color... It occurred to me that, once the CSS file was created, I could do pretty much everything in Dreamweaver's CSS panel... ^_^'

[EDIT] And yet it looks... yeah. Check it out. Anyone have a suggestion on how to improve it? The background color is staying.
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant