Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 am

Podcasting

For discussion of computers and the Internet, as well as a place for you to post your websites to gain more traffic.

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Podcasting

Postby Stephen (x1) » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:28 am

I'm not entirely sure what is needed to start one, but I guess I can find out..But what if LF had its own podcast? There wouldn't be much CL updates on it, since there are never any, but...IDK...We could do something like that.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:42 pm

The basics would just be a microphone, and a way of getting it out. Depending on the encoding, a podcast can be a hefty file.

No idea what you'd use to record it, though.
I am the one known as NeoDude in a past life.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Chad Rains » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:10 pm

actually creating the podcast is not a problem at all. its finding some suitable content to make a functioning podcast. as you said, there arent a whole lot of CL updates within a given time period to warrant a podcast.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stephen (x1) » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:16 pm

Vchat20 wrote:actually creating the podcast is not a problem at all. its finding some suitable content to make a functioning podcast. as you said, there arent a whole lot of CL updates within a given time period to warrant a podcast.

Yea...well any other ideas for podcasts?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alex » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:15 am

Check out a podcast from Orange Lounge Radio sometime. It's officially a BEMANI news show... but there's, at most, 15 or 20 minutes of that out of their (newly expanded) two hour show (it used to be one hour). So you probably don't have to stick to the topic if you can talk about other crap.
---
When you lose your imagination, you lose a part of yourself you can never get back. Never give up, and never accept the mundane. And never stop yourself from dreaming...
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Dr. Ezra » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:52 am

I have one Code Lyoko podcast done by some Ryan M. kid on my iPod. It's the remix od Un Monde Sans Danger. That's just about all they offered on iTunes. (I'm just sayin') :music:
Dr. Ezra offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Chad Rains » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:21 am

actually ive been thinking about the idea a bit more and I think I have come up with some relatively good ideas for content:

• CL episode news (when brand new episodes are aired)
  • Fan material discussion (limited to LF's fan art and fanfic forums)
  • Hot Topic discussion (discuss some of the more "hot" topics on the forum such as LTT)
  • Possible VA interviews?

As far as members on the podcast go, it would probably be best to limit to those like mod's, senior members, etc.

I could probably be like part time host/sound engineer/tech consultant. I've been in the webcasting community for quite a while (some of the big name stations such as the now past broadandcast radio and Megarock radio I have known the owner's for quite some time) and something like a podcast would be a walk in the park for me.

Oh. and the frequency of the podcast. how would a week or every other week do?
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Alex » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:41 am

As I was saying before, you may want to take a look at Orange Lounge Radio on Sunday nights; their formerly live show (now a podcast, but with the same flavor as before) took calls over Skype, had a chat room which the hosts were also in and read from occasionally, and a few other touches. Basically, I'm saying that depending on how you do the podcast, you may be able to make it interactive.
---
Alex offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Stephen (x1) » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:28 am

Vchat20 wrote:actually ive been thinking about the idea a bit more and I think I have come up with some relatively good ideas for content:

• CL episode news (when brand new episodes are aired)
  • Fan material discussion (limited to LF's fan art and fanfic forums)
  • Hot Topic discussion (discuss some of the more "hot" topics on the forum such as LTT)
  • Possible VA interviews?

As far as members on the podcast go, it would probably be best to limit to those like mod's, senior members, etc.

I could probably be like part time host/sound engineer/tech consultant. I've been in the webcasting community for quite a while (some of the big name stations such as the now past broadandcast radio and Megarock radio I have known the owner's for quite some time) and something like a podcast would be a walk in the park for me.

Oh. and the frequency of the podcast. how would a week or every other week do?

Sounds good. Depending on the content, either weekly or bi-weekly.

Yea, mods and seniors for now...But, later we can have special guests I guess. Such as...OBoy, Enki, Taelia, Misha, Gradea.....XD jk....Idk who yet.

.....TB3 could possibly come on to talk about LLT...

We can advertise LF's affiliates at the end, perhaps...

Just brainstorming. :D

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin